Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomGappy

Amalgoom: Mixing Doom and Doom 2 [Special trailer on page 9!]

Thanks to all who have played so far. Here are some notes and announcements from the team behind this project:

Everyone is a little tired from finishing up episode 1. It took a lot of playtesting, fixing and polishing to reach what we did. We were very lucky to have the team so close together. I don’t think it would have been possible without using discord to communicate quickly and easily. That’s why the team has decided to open the server and invite the members of the project there. Specifically, the mappers of episode 2, map11 to map20, listed below. We would love if you could join us to polish the maps to an even greater standard, as well as have fun while doing it, if possible. Some of you are already there.

Map11 - @DoomGappy and @The Royal We (lead and co-lead, we're already there)

Map12 - @Track Federal

Map13 - @DankMetal

Map14 - @HEXWALKER

Map15 - @EagerBeaver

Map16 - @GermanPeter

Map17 - @Max-ko-khan

Map18 - @DankMetal

Map19 - @Kasgen

Map20 - @Cutman

Invite link: https://discord.gg/y7nKAAVR

If it doesn't work, DM me or @The Royal We. We hope that you can join us and have fun, all the while making some cool maps in the process. Cheers and happy holidays!

9 hours ago, DoomGappy said:

I'm recording these to show the team and make comments if that's okay. Something weird happened with level 10, maybe the regular exit isn't working. Will check. 

Sounds like a lot more work than teaching people how to use dsda-doom for demos ;) but go ahead.

for the map10 exit, do you mean something else other than the missing tag I mentioned and Spacecat has (presumably) fixed?

demos for the rest: https://user.fm/files/v2-b47ac113431bcd934ff44010bcf5c85b/ag_plumsfdas_04to09.zip

On maps where I didn't get 100% kills or secrets I usually went back after the demo.

Brief bug reports on a few maps, tell me if you're not sure what I mean and I can elaborate, the demos will help.

MAP09: the player can straferun over the nukage (like in E1M9, so this itself is good) to go the "wrong" way, if so you should probably raise the demons in the nukage when the player falls down from that direction.

MAP05:

-whatever was supposed to happen with the end sequence, I'm pretty sure it didn't work correctly. I went OOB and found a wall with a missing texture, and never went to that extra area in the north-east. There's also an imp stuck in a spectre in that area.

-there's a star teleporter in a secret area in the north that takes you back to the start which is a bit silly because you'll likely fall into it before you're done going through that secret area. I get the homage intention but maybe it could be reworked.

MAP06: Random OOB hell knight: thing 652, pos (-2112, 1312)

-another teleporter in a secret area that takes me back to the start when I'm not done exploring the secret area, in the crusher. Also the other secret that takes you to the lava floor is ?? but maybe it's for if you fall in the lava in which case OK.

MAP07: I got into a courtyard area that I probably wasn't intended to but it seems harmless so leave it IMO.

MAP08: The explosion machine at the end doesn't go automatically/as soon as you move which makes it so you can snipe those enemies a bit before they get blown up. It's harmless but a bit awkward looking, especially since some of the enemies are clumped together.

A few comments on the episode as a whole:

Maps are much longer than I thought they would be, they're kinda like big maps that try to engulf every aspect of both foundation levels. Not a complaint, just unexpected somewhat. The episode format definitely works in your favour here, as I suspect the later maps will get longer, which can burn people out in a megawad but with clear episodic breaks it's probably fine.

I don't know how much MAP01 has been revised but assuming the general layout and concept is unchanged, and that it was made first: I think it should be included *somewhere*, even as an IDCLEV-only map, because it seems to really have set the tone for the rest of the levels.

A lot of the hidden door secrets show up easily on the map, because the linedefs are two-sided and appear as such. Note that Boom-default map colours are terrible and you can barely tell them apart. This is also not a problem, I think there are some secrets that I'd never have found otherwise, but wanted to make sure you guys were aware of it. (I also played with secret sectors shown on the automap, which helped me find some, which I usually do when I'm playing something in development.)

The maps have a good deal of polish and refinement, so good job everyone on putting together a solid first episode. Don't get burned out trying to finish the rest! Better to take your time rather than make yourself hate this project and game and everything

oh also good work to everyone who worked on the soundtrack!

Edited by plums

55 minutes ago, plums said:

MAP05:

the ending sequence was very very different at first- it was a last minute change because it was a bit too similar to the maze in map08 in mechanics. we didn't get much time to playtest it as a result

Hey, Plums! I'll answer bit by bit.

45 minutes ago, plums said:

Sounds like a lot more work than teaching people how to use dsda-doom for demos ;) but go ahead.

Well, I am also recording some comments regarding all maps so that people can notice what to change and all, if they so choose. We are trying to get something really good out and I think it helps. These are internal and unlisted videos, but I can send them to you later. Thanks a lot for the demos. 

1 hour ago, plums said:

A few comments on the episode as a whole:

Maps are much longer than I thought they would be, they're kinda like big maps that try to engulf every aspect of both foundation levels. Not a complaint, just unexpected somewhat. The episode format definitely works in your favour here, as I suspect the later maps will get longer, which can burn people out in a megawad but with clear episodic breaks it's probably fine.

I don't know how much MAP01 has been revised but assuming the general layout and concept is unchanged, and that it was made first: I think it should be included *somewhere*, even as a IDCLEV-only map, because it seems to really have set the tone for the rest of the levels.

I think that's my biggest grievance with the project as a whole now, it's that the maps have actually become a little too big, even when we've tried to trim them down. It's a result of the lack of clear directions at the beginning of the project, which we can't undo. I still think that with the talented mappers that have cropped up, many understood what to do and achieved great success with it. We're really glad you enjoyed the first episode, hope everyone feels the same endearment towards the other maps that are still to come. Thanks again for the feedback and valuable demos. 

Just one last bump for the night from me. Many of the bugs were noted, and many were corrected. The link is still the same and the file is still 0.999. Map01 still stays the same for now, and to stay true to tradition, any new version of this map will be the last one to be made, just like Romero did with E1M1. Stay tuned for some more announcements from the project and see you soon!

12 hours ago, DoomGappy said:

Just one last bump for the night from me. Many of the bugs were noted, and many were corrected. The link is still the same and the file is still 0.999. Map01 still stays the same for now, and to stay true to tradition, any new version of this map will be the last one to be made, just like Romero did with E1M1. Stay tuned for some more announcements from the project and see you soon!

I don't get this, are you gonna get rid of MAP01 eventually and replace it with a new one, or what?

3 hours ago, GermanPeter said:

I don't get this, are you gonna get rid of MAP01 eventually and replace it with a new one, or what?

Gotta be honest with you, we've been thinking about that a long time ago, and we actually have a replacement ready for the full release, we just kept Johnny's map 1 for the shareware episode.

4 hours ago, GermanPeter said:

What's up, @GermanPeter!
I'll summarize the issue for you and take the opportunity to clear up the confusion here on the forum about MAP01/ E1M1.

After Johnny left the project, we thought about replacing map 1, since it had a lot of problems and the author didn't want to make any changes. A new map 1 was made from scratch (Johnny was aware of this), but at the last minute we thought it would be disrespectful to Johnny to take away the map he had already made. To our surprise, after the launch, the person who asked for the map to be replaced was Johnny himself, who said that a new version could have a better flow. So yes, at the request of the previous leader, we intend to change map 1 from the previous version to the one that is already in progress (but not finished).

Edited by The Royal We

34 minutes ago, The Royal We said:

What's up, @GermanPeter!
I'll summarize the issue for you and take the opportunity to clear up the confusion here on the forum about MAP1/ E1M1.

After Johnny left the project, we thought about replacing map 1, since it had a lot of problems and the author didn't want to make any changes. A new map 1 was made from scratch (Johnny was aware of this), but at the last minute we thought it would be disrespectful to Johnny to take away the map he had already made. To our surprise, after the launch, the person who asked for the map to be replaced was Johnny himself, who said that the current version could have a better flow. So yes, at the request of the previous leader, we intend to change map 1 from the previous version to the one that is already in progress (but not finished).

That makes sense. I was thinking to myself: "Wow, imagine creating a community project just to not only get booted from it but also lose everything you made for it" lol

Well, as long as it's all consensual, it's fine.

Edited by GermanPeter

16 hours ago, Ogilvy said:

I'm intrigued to see how this comes out! Nice idea, peeps

Thanks! Well, the first episode has already came out, and you can play it! While Episode 2 will be later on

I scanned through the top post a few times, and I can't find the format of the maps. Do you mind putting it in an obvious spot, or the thread title?

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

I scanned through the top post a few times, and I can't find the format of the maps. Do you mind putting it in an obvious spot, or the thread title?

They are all limit removing Boom maps. I will update the thread shortly.

On 12/22/2023 at 1:41 AM, DoomGappy said:

Thanks to all who have played so far. Here are some notes and announcements from the team behind this project:

Everyone is a little tired from finishing up episode 1. It took a lot of playtesting, fixing and polishing to reach what we did. We were very lucky to have the team so close together. I don’t think it would have been possible without using discord to communicate quickly and easily. That’s why the team has decided to open the server and invite the members of the project there. Specifically, the mappers of episode 2, map11 to map20, listed below. We would love if you could join us to polish the maps to an even greater standard, as well as have fun while doing it, if possible. Some of you are already there.

Map11 - @DoomGappy and @The Royal We (lead and co-lead, we're already there)

Map12 - @Track Federal

Map13 - @DankMetal

Map14 - @HEXWALKER

Map15 - @EagerBeaver

Map16 - @GermanPeter

Map17 - @Max-ko-khan

Map18 - @DankMetal

Map19 - @Kasgen

Map20 - @Cutman

Invite link: https://discord.gg/y7nKAAVR

If it doesn't work, DM me or @The Royal We. We hope that you can join us and have fun, all the while making some cool maps in the process. Cheers and happy holidays!

Max-Ko-Khan is not in the discord server, right? So I'm gonna call em in here. @Max-ko-khan we are just gonna start playtesting phase of the episode 2, so it would be very good if you join the server, please

19 minutes ago, SpaceCat_2001 said:

Max-Ko-Khan is not in the discord server, right? So I'm gonna call em in here. @Max-ko-khan we are just gonna start playtesting phase of the episode 2, so it would be very good if you join the server, please

He hasn't been online for a month now.

3 minutes ago, Impboy4 said:

He hasn't been online for a month now.

That ain't good. Damn, Max' map still needed fixing before they became radio silent. Thats gonna be a problem

Since I've been quiet for a while about my maps, I thought you'd deserve an update; admittedly I have been slacking off and/or distracted by other things, so I won't give any more estimated times. Layout for MAP33 is 75% complete.

image.png.cbfbcee6ef5aa49390ccf2b0d0f3070a.png

4 hours ago, Individualised said:

Since I've been quiet for a while about my maps, I thought you'd deserve an update; admittedly I have been slacking off and/or distracted by other things, so I won't give any more estimated times. Layout for MAP33 is 75% complete.

image.png.cbfbcee6ef5aa49390ccf2b0d0f3070a.png

Looks pretty good.
Don't forget that the Wolfenstein maps in Doom 2 didn't have purely gray floors, they even had brown ones in the wooden parts of the levels. I'd recommend breaking up the monotony that way.

You can even add different ceiling textures, as some Wolfenstein 3D maps had blue or brown or red ones, sometimes to indicate a sky of sorts. Even Grosse had that blood ceiling, which is so iconic.
But this definitely gives me some vibes of the later Wolfenstein 3D maps. The big room with the brown floor and all the pillars reminds me of a room in a level right before Hitler's.

Also, what's the deal with the cut-off room in the upper left part of the map, I assume near the player start? The one with the sharp corner?

18 minutes ago, GermanPeter said:

Looks pretty good.
Don't forget that the Wolfenstein maps in Doom 2 didn't have purely gray floors, they even had brown ones in the wooden parts of the levels. I'd recommend breaking up the monotony that way.

You can even add different ceiling textures, as some Wolfenstein 3D maps had blue or brown or red ones, sometimes to indicate a sky of sorts. Even Grosse had that blood ceiling, which is so iconic.
But this definitely gives me some vibes of the later Wolfenstein 3D maps. The big room with the brown floor and all the pillars reminds me of a room in a level right before Hitler's.

Also, what's the deal with the cut-off room in the upper left part of the map, I assume near the player start? The one with the sharp corner?

This is just the layout, so texturing is pretty much all temporary. Once the layout and enemy placements are complete, I will make it look a lot less monotonous (pretty much all of the map is using the grey floors and rock walls at the moment, even the parts which I plan to use The Mansion textures on) I'm leaving texturing/detailing as the last step. That part with the weird corner (geographically near the player start, but you don't access it until later) houses a switch and will make more sense when properly textured/decorated.

The brown room is actually inspired by a room from The Mansion, but using Wolfenstein textures, and partially mashed up with the room from Doom 2 MAP31 where you access the cave secret. The room with the weird corner is basically the reverse; it's inspired by the start of Wolf 3D E1L1 but it will use The Mansion textures, and as you can see I've already made the layout less grid-like in order to fit The Mansion. Maybe I'm doing too much improvising here as a lot of the layout is original, but with a lot of Wolf 3D-style hallways, and the progression is very similar to The Mansion. Not exactly a 50/50 mashup, but I hope it will work out well.

Edited by Individualised

Happy new year everyone.

We are now aiming to put a lid on Amalgoom and get the full 32 map project released. But we can't do that without maps, and we're still missing a few! Therefore we are going to set a deadline, which should hopefully push the final few maps forward. We would like to see a finished or mostly finished map ready for full testing by February 17th. If you have not submitted a map by then, your slot will be revoked. If you feel like you cannot make the deadline in time, please submit what you have so we can attempt to finish your work or make the decision to give the slot to someone else.

Apologies for the pings, but I would like to get the attention of the following mappers who have not submitted a full map yet:  @Track Federal @HEXWALKER X2! @EagerBeaver @mr-around @SpaceCat_2001 @PinkKittyRose @Individualised

To submit any finished or unfinished work, please drop it into the google drive on the first post or upload it to a post here. Thanks. Let's get this thing done!

Posted (edited)
On 1/5/2024 at 6:06 AM, EmoLevelDesigner said:

Excellent idea. Seeing familiar locations (and music!) connected in new ways is a unique and fresh experience.

Thanks for the video and the reviews! Hope you had fun playing the map. 

In other news, I'm doing my roundup of maps again. Here it goes.

Spoiler

Completed maps already submitted and playtested (22). If your name is here, you probably got a video of me playing your map pointing out things like texture choice or alignment in your DMs. Report if needed.
Map01 (e1m1 and map01) - @SpaceCat_2001 and @DankMetal
Map02 (e1m2 and map02) - @The Royal We
Map03 (e1m3 and map03) - @SpaceCat_2001
Map04 (e1m4 and map04) - @EagerBeaver
Map05 (e1m5 and map05) - @The Royal We and @tamara mochaccina
Map06 (e1m6 and map06) - @SpaceCat_2001
Map07 (e1m7 and map07) - @Kasgen
Map08 (e1m8 and map08) - @DankMetal and @Cutman
Map09 (e1m9 and map09) - @Rorix
Map10 (e1m10 (sewers) and map10) - @SpaceCat_2001
Map11 (e2m1 and Map11) - @DoomGappy and @The Royal We 
Map13 (e2m3 and Map13)- @DankMetal
Map16 (e2m6 and map16) - @GermanPeter
Map17 (e2m7 and map17) - @Max-ko-khan
Map18 (e2m8 and map18) - @DankMetal

Map19 (e2m9 and Map19) - @Kasgen
Map20 (e4m9 and map20) - @Cutman
Map23 (e3m3 and map23) - @DynamiteKaitorn
Map24 (e3m4 and map24) - @PinkKittyRose
Map26 (e3m6 and map26) - @Mystic 256
Map30 (e3m8 and map30) - @Walter confetti
Map31 (Map32 with Plutonia Map31) - @ViolentBeetle

Completed maps not yet playtested (0). If you map is here, it will be playtested soon.

Completed maps not submitted to drive folder yet (0). If your name is here and you can't access google drive for some reason, send the map in my DMs and I'll upload it there.

Maps with status pending (0). Maps that mappers still haven't reported on.

Work in progress maps (12). If your name is here, please report the status of your map quoting this post. I'll add three categories next to the level according to the response I get, "Starts mapping soon", "In progress" and "Finishing touches".
Map12 (e2m2 and map12) - @Track Federal
Map14 (e2m4 and map14) - @HEXWALKER
Map15 (e2m5 and map15) - @EagerBeaver
Map21 (e3m1 and Map21) - @mr-around
Map22 (e3m2 and map22) - @Logamuffin
Map25 (e3m5 and map25) - @Heretic
Map27 (e3m7 and map27) - @mr-around
Map28 (e3m9 and map28) - @SpaceCat_2001 and @DankMetal - Start mapping soon
Map29 (e4m2 and map29) - @HEXWALKER
Map32 (Map31 with Plutonia Map32) - @PinkKittyRose Super secret maps (need to organize)
Map33 - @Individualised - In progress
Map34 - @Individualised - Starting soon

Warp only maps (2). Bonus maps accessible only through IDCLEV console command.
Map71 - Johnny cruelty e1m1
Map72 - Johnny cruelty e1m2

I'd like to have some updates from all the mappers who haven't submited their maps, but especially from mappers from E2. I'm going to ping them below. Some have already reported status, so just ignore this post.

Map12 (e2m2 and map12) - @Track Federal
Map25 (e3m5 and map25) - @Heretic926
Map28 (e3m9 and map28) - @SpaceCat_2001 and @DankMetal
Map32 (Map31 with Plutonia Map32) - @PinkKittyRose
Map33 - @Individualised
Map34 - @Individualised

Please tell us if you can make the deadline of February 17th. If it seems like it's too much, we can arrange for people to do some co-mapping. We've had great results when team members have collabed so far. 

Posted (edited)

Just a reminder: Mappers can give names to their maps. This was a restriction before that didn't make much sense. We want people to have fun mapping but also with the project in general. If you didn't know before, now you do. 

On 1/7/2024 at 7:42 PM, DoomGappy said:

Thanks for the video and the reviews! Hope you had fun playing the map. 

In other news, I'm doing my roundup of maps again. Here it goes.

Reveal hidden contents

Completed maps already submitted and playtested (22). If your name is here, you probably got a video of me playing your map pointing out things like texture choice or alignment in your DMs. Report if needed.
Map01 (e1m1 and map01) - @SpaceCat_2001 and @DankMetal
Map02 (e1m2 and map02) - @The Royal We
Map03 (e1m3 and map03) - @SpaceCat_2001
Map04 (e1m4 and map04) - @EagerBeaver
Map05 (e1m5 and map05) - @The Royal We and @tamara mochaccina
Map06 (e1m6 and map06) - @SpaceCat_2001
Map07 (e1m7 and map07) - @Kasgen
Map08 (e1m8 and map08) - @DankMetal and @Cutman
Map09 (e1m9 and map09) - @Rorix
Map10 (e1m10 (sewers) and map10) - @SpaceCat_2001
Map11 (e2m1 and Map11) - @DoomGappy and @The Royal We 
Map13 (e2m3 and Map13)- @DankMetal
Map16 (e2m6 and map16) - @GermanPeter
Map17 (e2m7 and map17) - @Max-ko-khan
Map18 (e2m8 and map18) - @DankMetal

Map19 (e2m9 and Map19) - @Kasgen
Map20 (e4m9 and map20) - @Cutman
Map23 (e3m3 and map23) - @DynamiteKaitorn
Map24 (e3m4 and map24) - @PinkKittyRose
Map26 (e3m6 and map26) - @Mystic 256
Map30 (e3m8 and map30) - @Walter confetti
Map31 (Map32 with Plutonia Map31) - @ViolentBeetle

Completed maps not yet playtested (0). If you map is here, it will be playtested soon.

Completed maps not submitted to drive folder yet (0). If your name is here and you can't access google drive for some reason, send the map in my DMs and I'll upload it there.

Maps with status pending (0). Maps that mappers still haven't reported on.

Work in progress maps (12). If your name is here, please report the status of your map quoting this post. I'll add three categories next to the level according to the response I get, "Starts mapping soon", "In progress" and "Finishing touches".
Map12 (e2m2 and map12) - @Track Federal
Map25 (e3m5 and map25) - @Heretic
Map28 (e3m9 and map28) - @SpaceCat_2001 and @DankMetal - Start mapping soon
Map32 (Map31 with Plutonia Map32) - @PinkKittyRose Super secret maps (need to organize)
Map33 - @Individualised - In progress
Map34 - @Individualised - Starting soon

Warp only maps (2). Bonus maps accessible only through IDCLEV console command.
Map71 - Johnny cruelty e1m1
Map72 - Johnny cruelty e1m2

I'd like to have some updates from all the mappers who haven't submited their maps, but especially from mappers from E2. I'm going to ping them below. Some have already reported status, so just ignore this post.

Map12 (e2m2 and map12) - @Track Federal
Map25 (e3m5 and map25) - @Heretic926
Map28 (e3m9 and map28) - @SpaceCat_2001 and @DankMetal
Map32 (Map31 with Plutonia Map32) - @PinkKittyRose
Map33 - @Individualised
Map34 - @Individualised

Please tell us if you can make the deadline of February 17th. If it seems like it's too much, we can arrange for people to do some co-mapping. We've had great results when team members have collabed so far. 

Gonna tell I'm certainly sure I'll submit 21 and 27 before actually set deadline. If smthing goes wrong I'll request co-work of sorts, yet not right now.

Hi there, @PinkKittyRose!

Yesterday I playtested the beginning of your map. I recorded an unpretentious gameplay in Portuguese, because I was simply amazed at how beautiful and faithful the map is to the originals. Today I'm going to play it in its entirety. However, I already have a few observations to make beforehand:

- As I said, the map is beautiful and, as far as I have seen, faithful to the originals. It's perhaps one of the most stunning maps in the entire project.
- I really really like how you've kept the experimental style of both original maps.
- However, the map is HUGE. Whether in size or in the number of monsters. It's true that The Chasm is a large map, but at least as far as the number of monsters is concerned, I'd cut it in at least half.
- I LOVED the reference to pentured bodies in E3M4. However, I would remove the body of the Baron of Hell, since it fulfills a very specific narrative function in the original maps in which it appears, and here it seems completely out of context.
- I fell backwards in my chair when I entered the open area that is reminiscent of map 24 in Doom 2. Absurdly beautiful. So beautiful that I suggest you remove all the monsters there, at least for when the player arrives. I really wanted to stop and just contemplate the structure you've built, without shooting anything, and the imps and hitscans got in the way of my vibe. It was, in fact, the moment when I decided to stop everything and start the map again to record a video, because I wanted to record my surprise in my native language.

I'll have more comments to make today, and maybe I'll subtitle the videos in Portuguese. The first impression was great, but the size issue is something I think should be adjusted.
Here's the video in Portuguese of the partial gameplay of map 24:

Hello again, @PinkKittyRose!

I've just played your map in its entirety. It yielded not just one, but two videos, as I couldn't play in just one day. 
I'll have to take my time before I post the videos here and write a review: I loved the map and i'm going to suffer when the time comes to be critical (soon).

What I want to say in advance are two very, very important compliments:
1) I could feel the soul of the two maps that were delivered. Every reference was a delight, whether in relation to Doom 1 or 2 (as well as the experimentalism of the originals). What's more, this is the most beautiful Amalgoom map I've playtested so far (and I've seen some very beautiful maps in this project!). 
2) Now to talk about the map alone, without comparing it to the originals: I found it inspiring. Really. I'm redoing map 2 for the project and at a certain point I got burned out. Because I know that playing your map made me want to open Ultimate Doom Builder and continue my work. Every little detail, every moment, I found it all extremely creative, and the events on the map were meticulously calculated. Breathtaking. 

That said, I'd like to talk with you and @DoomGappy whenever possible, as I think some changes to match the project guidelines would go down well. It's a map that I'm going to squirm over when it comes to pointing out issues that I think fall outside the scope of the project, because as a whole, your map is marvelous.

@Mystic 256 Feedback map 26:

- First of all, this is a Doom 2 map that I don't remember very well, so my feedback will be more focused on Doom 1.

- The first impression of the map is great. I really like the use of fireblu and how the aesthetics of the maps fit together. Given the number of monsters, I think it will be a balanced map.

- What a treat to play something inspired by Mt. Erebus without that frenetic music from the original playing in the background.

- The ammunition was tight at times, but I think that's because it's a GTA Doom-style map.

- 11 minutes of gameplay and I still haven't found a key (but I'm not bored either).

- This is a map that would look great with a skybox made for the project.

- Waterfall textures have already been implemented in the project as well. You can use them.

- I don't know if it's the only way to get there, but in the corner with the ips and revenants, is it only possible to get there with a strafe jump? If so, it's not an idea I like very much.

- The secret with blue armor leading to a megasphere doesn't make much sense, since the megasphere gives the player 200 armor.

- Wouldn't it perhaps be interesting to give the rocket launcher to the player a little earlier?

- The map is very much in line with the size and style of the other maps I've played from episode 3.

- The final area was rough, but I liked it.

Verdict:
I liked the map as a whole, I thought it was well balanced, with great references to the original maps. However, I think more feedback is needed, especially from someone who really likes map 26 from Doom 2. Very good.