Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zalewa

🇵🇱 Polish Community Project - Public Release!

This is my tomorrow

Ive played the first 5 maps so far and Im unsure if it has anything to do with being the butt of an entire generations jokes or not but the Pols seem to be some sadistic bastards 😃

Edited by Insaneprophet

22 hours ago, Insaneprophet said:

Ive played the first 5 maps so far and Im unsure if it has anything to do with being the butt of an entire generations jokes or not but the Pols seem to be some sadistic bastards 😃

The maps were made separately, which means that they can all be completed from the pistol start, but when I get a WAD with multiple maps I personally prefer continuous play regardless, which is how I tested this most of the time. Depending on your choice in that matter, the challenge may be greater, but I think that's fine. We're aware that the maps aren't particularly easy, but I also think that the only one that could be called unfair is the last one at the MAP12 slot (which is also why it's got the last slot). In any case, please try Hurt Me Plenty and tell me how it goes.

Also, the primary criteria for map ordering was weapon progression, but I also tried to interleave the difficulty slope, so that you get an easier map after a harder one. That's why MAP03 is easier than MAP02.

great maps....visuals and designs are unique mostly difficulty is very high from map 5 to onwards....congrats on release...though i wasnt expecting that Poland got such amazing mappers community....gameplay is sniper oriented and i missed freelook in some maps though i absolutely hate it in doom....

here is my playthrough from map 1 to 10 i skipped map 9,11 and 12 for now as they are too huge and complex will play those soon 

prboom cl9 uv skill iddt used pistol start most are not first attempts just map 10 is....

why 3 similar armors in map 3?

some monsters never appeared in map 7

1.zip

Im really enjoying the hell out of this, and highly impressed as well. Been playing UV as always and see no reason to change, was just comenting on the fact that I find these to try a lot harder to kill me than the average set does. And no offense was meant, I have polish ancestry along with most of my good friends 😃

Heres some quick notes Ive been jotting down as I go

Map 1 Has a ton of old school charm

Map 2 Sadistic

Map 3 Visually striking fun ass site

Map 4 Super atmospheric and artistic in its complexity

Map 5 Just a test of endurance

Map 6 Highly abstract

Map 7 Jenga... the doom map

Map 8 Really cool concept and theme, tough and fun

Map 9 Favorite so far (path to the red key throws out tons of HOMS and can soft lock you if you fall down when different sections of the cliffs raise and untextured surfaces start showing)

Really really having a good time with these! 😃

8 minutes ago, Insaneprophet said:

Map 9 Favorite so far (path to the red key throws out tons of HOMS and can soft lock you if you fall down when different sections of the cliffs raise and untextured surfaces start showing)

Oh no, this is bad. Which port, may I ask?

This part of the map has lots of stair building so that if you fall down from the cliffs you can quickly get back up. But I don't see any problems with texturing or incorrect sectors being raised.

Im playing lzdoom 

I saw it when the cliff first rises up behind you but you actually want to go up some steps then across a few pillers that rise up. The cliff along the wall of the canyon I think has some health bonuses on it and shows all the untextured stuff for me. That is also where when I jumped down I couldnt climb all the way back up because the cliff had raised to high to make the last step.

obraz.png.bb720467b6ec4ddd6e3765bfd5d811fa.png

Found it. This was not triggering in non-ZDooms because of tag 0, and I have neglected ZDoom testing.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Zahid said:

some monsters never appeared in map 7

From your demo I see that the revenant in the hidden sector tagged 667 got stuck over the ledge as the sector raised. I need to correct that. This revenant is supposed to move over a monster walk-over line that releases a voodoo doll that, in turn, triggers more revenants to appear.

1 hour ago, Zalewa said:

From your demo I see that the revenant in the hidden sector tagged 667 got stuck over the ledge as the sector raised. I need to correct that. This revenant is supposed to move over a monster walk-over line that releases a voodoo doll that, in turn, triggers more revenants to appear.

btw I replay it twice and they do appear both times,so I guess bug of not appearing is not always 

Map 10 was another combat arena but

Map 11 is a super fun city map

Map 12 is something Im still working on and may be above my pay grade

All in all I couldnt be more impressed with this episode. Its got some of everything and at every step it exceeded my expectations. Maps 9 and 11 are far and away my favorites but thats only because they both not ony fall in my favorite genre but are also really good takes on it. None of that should take away from the rest of the set though, it may not all be my favorite style map but it is all good examples of what they aim for and I like doom levels of every kind, especially when they are high quality.

Thanks for creating this 😃

Edited by Insaneprophet

I'm not a doomer who likes "super hard maps", im more a "vanilla wad lover" but i have to say that the aesthetic of this is really really cool, most of the fights i had a nice time.

Its a cool project, congrats.

Thanks for playing. The difficulty levels are implemented on most maps, and I made my maps super-easy on skills 0 and 1. HMP will probably still be tougher than the vanilla UV, though.

BETA v2 is released, with the link updated in the first post.

The list of changes:

- MAP02 "Szeol" made the final fight with archviles easier on lower difficulty
  levels; at the same time, changed one of the nooks so camping is impossible.
- MAP03 "Czern" replaced 2 of the 3 green armors on UV with ammo
- MAP05 marked the exit line as monster blocking; chaingunners won't die
  behind it anymore, preventing the player from picking up their chainguns
- MAP06 "ZeLN" corrected midtexture pipes bleeding into ground
- MAP07 "Vaclav" added a display case with Szczerbiec and another 
  invulnerability secret (now there are 4 invul. spheres in total)
- MAP09 fixed a stray stair builder ruining the red key section in ZDoom ports
- MAP09 added another stair builder for the red skull section that allows to
  return to the entrance from the lava section
- MAP09 fixed the lift at start not triggering from some sides
- MAP09 swapped 2nd and 3rd wave of monsters after grabbing keys because
  the 2nd wave was much harder than the 3rd.
- MAP09 added more health for the final fight
- MAP09 added some more barrels here and there
- MAP11 added more ammo, health and invulnerability spheres
- MAP11 added more red skull textures to show where the red skull bars are
- MAP12 is updated and has a name now: "Cancerous Temple"

szczerbiec.jpg.41a2f07c8a6e203fefee73f24d71f914.jpg

Posted (edited)

(beta 3)

Very nice maps! I'm on map09 and I saw that someone forgot line 1670 with tag 0... this creates some visual problems and I don't know if that was the intention

Looking forward to the other maps! o/

edit:

Spoiler

I realised that you were very careful with coop even saying in the first post that it's a wad for sp.

well, so far I've only found one problem, with coop on map08:

Sectors with tag 30 will close the path to the yellow key area blocking players from progressing.

Edited by boom_compatible

@boom_compatible Thanks.

I thought I fixed the stair builder problem in map09 in beta v2 already, but somehow my hard drive forgot and, indeed, the source wad file with the map still has this bug. Gotta fix this for beta v4.

As for the coop issue in the new map08: thanks for catching this one. I'll add a switch on the other side, so that this area can be opened by the players who lingered behind. This will also make it into beta v4.

I normally take care to solve all such coop issues. Even if the WAD is meant primarily for single-player, there's virtually no good reason to not have it playable in cooperative too, as some people like to play with their friends. Catering for coop doesn't break single-play, it only adds some artifacts to the map like extra teleporters, strange SR switches or suspiciously-high ledges, but such artifacts are a low price to pay for having the maps run properly in multiplayer modes. If you notice any other coop issues like this one, I will definitely fix them.

How many maps are planned for the final release? I usually play finished versions and I'm really hyped to see this project grow.

One more map is still in the works and I think that will be it for the final release. So, 14 maps in total.

Posted (edited)

project_v2.jpg.1a0cc72928928042232abbd6b14de478.jpg

Hey folks! Suddenly, we're out of beta and the public release version is here!

See the first post for the download links and the trailer.

Changes since BETA3:

* v1.0 - 2024-05-21

- NEW MAP! MAP10 is now "Household of Pain" by Ordon
- MAP10 "Sandcastle" moved to slot MAP12 and shifted all maps after to the right
- MAP07 "Vaclav" added ammo backpacks so that pistol-start players can get
  100 rockets.
- MAP08 "Zolc" fix coop hard-lock: the rising bars with tag 30 that lock the
  player in the cyberdemon fight will now be lowerable from their entry side to
  allow coop players to pass through.
- MAP09 "Memorial" fixed the stray stair builder ruining the red key section in
  ZDoom ports AGAIN, because it somehow didn't get saved in the map for Beta 2
- MAP11 "Houses" the pentagram secret is now accessible sooner... much sooner.
- MAP02 minor gameplay tweaks

Edited by Zalewa

At last! Great jurney, thanks to all people involved in this project!

Dzięki, jesteście wielcy!

Beyond that I think Map 06 could perhaps be balanced a little bit better, I don't have lots to say. These are pretty high-quality maps though regardless! No true stinker can be found.

Posted (edited)

Thank you so much for uploading this excellent mapset to idgames....

I've enjoyed the heck out of the first four maps. Despite a low monster count, they pack a punch! Excited to play the rest over the next couple days.