Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deadwing

[WIP] OZONIA 2 development thread - Boom Megawad

Holy shit.

Ozonia was fabulous!

Also, just wanna add, don't impose strict deadlines on yourself because that sounds like a recipe for burnout, especially when gunning for another megawad. Inspiration and creativity ebb and flow. It's normal to take breaks from mapping and get on with your life!

I loved Ozonia. All the best with this!

Feel free to send me the STBAR lump if you need/want a widescreen bar for the first beta/RC. Unless it's the same as for Ozonia 1.

Thanks a lot, guys!!

4 hours ago, Firedust said:

Holy shit.

Ozonia was fabulous!

Also, just wanna add, don't impose strict deadlines on yourself because that sounds like a recipe for burnout, especially when gunning for another megawad. Inspiration and creativity ebb and flow. It's normal to take breaks from mapping and get on with your life!

Oh yeah, trying to not burn myself out with it, if it takes more time and it's better to take a break I'll do it >.<

2 hours ago, NightFright said:

Feel free to send me the STBAR lump if you need/want a widescreen bar for the first beta/RC. Unless it's the same as for Ozonia 1.

Thanks a lot! So far I'll be using the status bar of the first one, but if things change I'll warn :D

Bro why everyone making sequels I haven't even finished the first one, fuck

Fabulous screenshots as expected! My excitement is through the roof.

On 1/21/2024 at 9:45 PM, Firedust said:

Fabulous screenshots as expected! My excitement is through the roof.

On 1/21/2024 at 9:51 PM, DreadWanderer said:

Beautiful work, thanks for the teasers. The orange sky is my favorite.

Thanks a lot, guys!

Hope I can meet the expectations >.<

22 hours ago, Salt-Man Z said:

Exomoon 2 when? ;)

Good question! Haha

Maybe someday in the future, it would be interesting to revisit some of its concepts tbh and try some new things taking the first Exomoon as a base. (fairly large maps with Jungle + ruins theme and maybe some of its custom enemies)

@Deadwing it's interesting that you are planning a sequel to your most recent megawad, must be the freshest in your memory. Approaching sequels in exactly the reverse order is a very intriguing kind of project if you're thinking about that.

9 minutes ago, Not Jabba said:

Technically they're all the same series anyway, aren't they?

Oh yeah, thinking here it's more about some of the key concepts and elements of the wad and try to use them as a base for a "sequel", but in the end it's all the same thing indeed haha

1 minute ago, Deadwing said:

Oh yeah, thinking here it's more about some of the key concepts and elements of the wad and try to use them as a base for a "sequel", but in the end it's all the same thing indeed haha

Yeah, that's fair. I did like Exomoon's enemies, bosses, and storyline the best out of all of them.

Some more progress done for E2.

I hope the theme doesn't look too repetitive compared with the first Ozonia >.<

(there's a big chance that some of the symbols will be replaced, though)

SljMsst.png

k5wIiAz.png

ZYfM6zp.png

OGdyhB9.png

mZz2gtg.png

Awesome! I really liked ozonia and seeing that there is a second part makes me excited. Cheer up and a lot of strength for this great project!

16 minutes ago, Deadwing said:

No way, man! Ozonia's theme was great and the new screenshots look distinct enough anyway!

1 hour ago, Deadwing said:

Some more progress done for E2.

(there's a big chance that some of the symbols will be replaced, though)

I'm close to completing Ozonia and having experienced almost all the aesthetics that the wad has to offer, I think there's enough variety here to please people. I can't comment much on the layout from screenshots alone but it looks airy and open, which I like. You can experiment with combining colors and nuances while still keeping the wad's identity.

1 hour ago, Firedust said:

No way, man! Ozonia's theme was great and the new screenshots look distinct enough anyway!

Thanks a lot, tbh for me it's hard to tell whats different enough or not after working at the same map for days >.<

2 minutes ago, Deadwing said:

Thanks a lot, tbh for me it's hard to tell whats different enough or not after working at the same map for days >.<

What strikes me is the presence of greenery against the blood red, not sure if I've seen too much of that in Ozonia 1. More of it can't be a bad thing :D

Also worth saying that you shouldn't push yourself too hard to the point of frustration and burnout. As far as I'm concerned I can wait patiently and will do what I can to provide feedback as this thread is updated. I know that creator's block can suck a lot but it's good to take a step back once in a while and come back fresh and relaxed.