Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JuneFlower

VermisCorp R&D, a rocket-launcher centric complevel 2 map

Posted (edited)

Hi all! I got a vacation recently and decided to make my first doom map. It's a cl2 (limit removing) map01 for doom 2 focused around the rocket launcher. It has a computer lab / techbase vibe but with a bit of a change of pace at the end... all using the excellent OTEX texture pack by Ukiro (thank you for your work!)

It's not too long, maybe 15 to 20 minutes, and slightly more difficult than something like Plutonia I'd say.

level midi by me, feel free to steal and use for whatever.

Shoutouts to Dististik for the feedback and help with various things, as well as DeepestLore for teaching me how to make a door lol

link: https://june-flower.itch.io/vermiscorp

(sorry for the itch io link, it's where people already know me and I'd rather keep it in a single place.)

This was tested with GZdoom and Woof.

No jumping or crouching pls! But mouselook is fine I suppose.

I'd love to hear some feedback from other map designers if anyone feels like it.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

sc1.PNG.5b3730fb4728b0996a77b14d05b0acb9.PNG

sc2.PNG.ecf217a6071d7b9bfe31278747338b08.PNG

sc3.PNG.9427c24246f95315cc5c4058e57efc25.PNG

Edited by JuneFlower

Very fun map! Good OTEX usage. Ammo is tight but fair as long as your aim doesn't suck. I really enjoy the midi as well, will be yoinking that one for later ;)

Quite good for your first map, I hope you make more in the future. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, kvothesixstring said:

Very fun map! Good OTEX usage. Ammo is tight but fair as long as your aim doesn't suck. I really enjoy the midi as well, will be yoinking that one for later ;)

Quite good for your first map, I hope you make more in the future. 

Thank you Kvo! if you do use the midi for something keep me posted, I'd love to see it.

I might make another map whenever I get another vacation, maybe I'll also make some pixel art for it this time, who knows...

And thank you Dististik! your help was invaluable and you're one of the reasons I decided to try mapping!

I think my two favorite sections are the first ambush and the teleporting pinkies ambush, those are two key moments when you have no escape and need to deal with pressure from multiple sides, felt the most hectic.

I think I may have raged slightly in the platforming section (you know the one) and I have to wonder just how intentional that was because there wasn't really anything like that out of some Stardate 20X7 crap. Although if you want to make it worst, you can put a barrier in front of the door when you push the switch at the end that lowers after 30 seconds..just kidding, Doom players should be less trolled! But I can't deny that I really like these rocket-centered maps.

thank you for the video and feedback! I definitely intented the server room to be somewhat strict and difficult. I disagree with your assesment that doom players should be trolled less, I think doom players should be trolled into oblivion forever.