Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dynamo

Doom Pictures Thread 2024

3 hours ago, kgsws said:

I have not seen this animated yet. This is related to https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Picture_format

It also shows how doom does not store transparent pixels at all.

output.gif

That's really interesting. Like an offset saying to start drawing pixels.

Also the data picture looks so funny seeing the pinky "squished to the ceiling" XD

On 5/9/2024 at 11:09 PM, Lutz said:

Waterfalls around the landing pad (very much WIP):

Screenshot_Doom_20240509_210544.png

Fucking hell. This is the most beautiful screenshot I've ever seen on the Doom engine. Your map?

15 hours ago, TheRedTide said:

Fucking hell. This is the most beautiful screenshot I've ever seen on the Doom engine. Your map?

It is, yes -- thanks.  It turns out that "borrowing" a bunch of amazing textures and a few dynamic lights can do wonders for Doom visuals...

9 minutes ago, Jaska said:

More nature.

HqatriH.jpg

You're Lost Civilization WAD is still one of my favorites ever made so far!  Are you working on a new one?  If so let me know if you want any Playtesting or Advertising for it.  You do outstanding work my friend!

1 hour ago, LegendaryEevee said:

You're Lost Civilization WAD is still one of my favorites ever made so far!  Are you working on a new one?  If so let me know if you want any Playtesting or Advertising for it.  You do outstanding work my friend!

Thanks, nice to hear! Yes, I'm working on something but it's sloow. I'll keep that in mind! 

On 5/30/2024 at 4:09 AM, Lutz said:

Hangar

Screenshot_Doom_20240530_030119.png

Just started using colored dynamic lights in my maps this past month, I love 'em!
This scene, plus the lights, reminds me instantly of Quake 2.

Dynamic & light-sourcing lights in Doom make me happy. =)

B5XuLx7.jpg

&

7aDb6wI.png

(From a short map set of 6-7 I've been working on.)

1 hour ago, Uncle 80 said:

Some screenshots from my soon-to-be released (RC1) 10-map doom2.exe compatible episode.

Stock texture sector trees?  Hell, yes!

2 hours ago, Uncle 80 said:

Some screenshots from my soon-to-be released (RC1) 10-map doom2.exe compatible episode.

doom14.png

doom16.png

doom20.png

These shots are fascinating, I love the indoor space, the garden with the sorta torii gate, and the awesome roof detailing. Your project has hard mid-2000's vibes, I love it :D

10 hours ago, Uncle 80 said:

Love the use of symmetry, elegant use of stock textures, oblique lines in vanilla, and, yes, the garden/forest backdrop. Looking forward to trying this out in motion!

Do you intend to use the same sky texture in the final version? Just asking because current choice does a great job of highlighting the level geometry, but is also maybe a bit in too much contrast to the surroundings. Have you tried something in, eg, blue hues?

Thanks for the good words, people!

Do you intend to use the same sky texture in the final version? Just asking because current choice does a great job of highlighting the level geometry, but is also maybe a bit in too much contrast to the surroundings. Have you tried something in, eg, blue hues?

I'll probably stick to the Udoom sky, unless I have sort of a last-minute change of mind. It works well to "counter" all the brown in the stock textures :) But thanks for the idea, I'll have to remind myself to check out some available skies before the final WAD assembly.

J2hgsr3.png

I actually finished a modern megawad for once, and the final fight I survived with a ton of powerups still remaining. I definitely am improving at the game.

I finally got it.

A fully working Unmaker from Doom 64 in the Eternity Engine. Which can also be upgraded by collecting demon keys. The firing mechanics are slightly different and slightly randomized (port limitations), but the way it works is roughly the same. Ammo is not spent for test reasons, it is very easy to fix.

On 6/4/2024 at 1:13 PM, Rifleman said:

Found this interesting skybox and just had to use it somewhere :)

Screenshot_Doom_20240604_130540.png.b433f793f0db7beb498457345f0cc6da.png

EDIT: here you go - credits to Mr.Who at gamebanana.com

skybox.zip

Is it animated? It would be amazing :)

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 10:54 PM, Uncle 80 said:

doom03.png

doom04.png

doom05.png

doom12.png

doom13.png

doom14.png

doom16.png

doom20.png

doom22.png

So nice to see what you are working on! Screenshots number 5 and 7-8 make me think of something Japanese, almost pagoda-inspired. Very interesting to see this in Doom as well as the sector trees!

Edited by Martin

On 6/4/2024 at 2:13 PM, Rifleman said:

Found this interesting skybox and just had to use it somewhere :)

Screenshot_Doom_20240604_130540.png.b433f793f0db7beb498457345f0cc6da.png

EDIT: here you go - credits to Mr.Who at gamebanana.com

skybox.zip

Thanks for posting this! I think I use this in my wad.

2 hours ago, Martin said:

So nice to see what you are working on! Screenshots number 5 and 7-8 make me think of something Japanese, almost pagoda-inspired. Very interesting to see this in Doom as well as the sector trees!

Thanks! Yes, pagodas and other pictures of various "eastern" themes were the main inspiration for 3 of the maps in the set, those shots are from two of them. To make an actual pagoda in vanilla doom is rather impossible, so this was the closest I got :D

18 hours ago, damned said:

Is it animated? It would be amazing :)

Unfortunately not :/