Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Terrcraft

Quake 6 in indiana jones and the great circle overview.

at 11:34 in the Xbox direct overview for Indiana jones and the Great Circle, this is shown.image.png.c0fee694bf8516d83133d6b1ac5291b2.png

Obviously, we see AKE 6 above the Quake logo, this is quake 6, assumingly quake 5 was quake champions or maybe dotm, it isnt impossible that "quake 6" was either cancelled or just is cotm, but this seems something of note that I haven't seen much talk about online. 

Also thoughts on the new Indiana Jones game? looks pretty good so far imo, just hoping it sticks to this year.

Could just be a fun anachronistic reference, given this is set in the mid 20th century, rather than any kind of actual teaser.

The game itself looks pretty promising though: seems to nail the tone of Indy while also presenting a gameplay style that seems relatively fresh.  You don't see too many FPS puzzle/brawler games with occasional third-person platforming.

You're reading way too much into it. Bethesda and Machine Games put all kinds of easter eggs and references in their games all the time. They mean nothing more than "Hey it's a thing from that other thing".

4 hours ago, Bauul said:

The game itself looks pretty promising though: seems to nail the tone of Indy while also presenting a gameplay style that seems relatively fresh.  You don't see too many FPS puzzle/brawler games with occasional third-person platforming.

Could this game become the next Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay?

6 hours ago, Bauul said:

Could just be a fun anachronistic reference, given this is set in the mid 20th century, rather than any kind of actual teaser.

3 hours ago, Murdoch said:

You're reading way too much into it. Bethesda and Machine Games put all kinds of easter eggs and references in their games all the time. They mean nothing more than "Hey it's a thing from that other thing".

Are... are people assuming the whiteboard is in the game instead of office b-roll from the documentary bit of the video?

13 minutes ago, Kinsie said:

Are... are people assuming the whiteboard is in the game instead of office b-roll from the documentary bit of the video?

Who knows. Honestly people will concoct all kinds of elaborate hypotheses based on the flimsiest of evidence these days. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if MG made a Quake game at some point. I just question this particular "evidence" is pointing to that actually happening.

I mean, for one thing, there isn't a Quake 5. Which seems like it'd be something of a pre-requisite for a Quake 6, unless you do the Leisure Suit Larry "missing floppies" thing.

26 minutes ago, Kinsie said:

I just saw the screenshot posted above and assumed it was from the game.  Although having now watched the little behind-the-scenes video I see yes it was b-roll from the MachineGames office.

Anyway, we all know it was modified specifically for the documentary filming to avoid spoiling any surprises.

This is what it really looked like:

2zKWo4o.png

What if it’s just a gag for an earth(quake) effect 6 for the Indiana Jones game?

If this really is just a gag, damn them for teasing Quake fans like this, seriously. 

The possibility of Quake Champions being considered Quake 5 by id Software/Bethesda really upsets me. Not trying to throw shade at Quake Champions, just that it's like if Yoshi's Story was considered Super Mario World 3.

22 minutes ago, Individualised said:

The possibility of Quake Champions being considered Quake 5 by id Software/Bethesda really upsets me. Not trying to throw shade at Quake Champions, just that it's like if Yoshi's Story was considered Super Mario World 3.

If you count Quake Champions, you also count Quake Live, Enemy Territory etc., leaving us hovering more around Quake 9.

4 hours ago, Kinsie said:

If you count Quake Champions, you also count Quake Live, Enemy Territory etc., leaving us hovering more around Quake 9.

Coming Soon: Quake X-treme, totally not a shovelware mappack!

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if QC was internally referred to as Quake 5 until they settled on the "Champions" moniker. At the same time, internal naming conventions shouldn't be taken all that seriously. If we're getting a new Quake game out of the deal then who cares. 

Guessing this whole thing is a tease for a summer games fest reveal or a quakecon reveal this year.

On 1/19/2024 at 4:47 PM, Kinsie said:

I hope not. The game takes place in 1937! The whiteboard wasn't invented until the friggin' 60's! C'mon people!

A Quake Reboot or whatever in the manner of DOOM 2016 by Machine Games, focusing on Quake I asthetics, but also acknowledging and considering Quake II and 4, would be neat.

48 minutes ago, Kyle07 said:

A Quake Reboot or whatever in the manner of DOOM 2016 by Machine Games, focusing on Quake I asthetics, but also acknowledging and considering Quake II and 4, would be neat.

I do not really trust MachineGames with anything Quake 1-related after playing Dimension of the Machine. I have just finished Quake 2 Ground Zero, am going to start Quake 2 64 and then will play Call of the Machine to see if they did a better effort there.

I would prefer if Quake 5 was to Quake 1 what Doom 4 was to Doom 1; capturing the spirit of the original game while still clearly being its own thing and up to date with AAA standards. I fear that a MachineGames effort would be something more like the gameplay of Quake 4 with theming in the style of how they reinterpreted Quake 1 in DotM, with DotM-like level design too.

I've been recently getting into Ultrakill and in many ways that game feels like a "revitalised" Quake, despite it being completely different to 90s shooters in pretty much everything but aesthetics; it still somehow manages to capture the feeling I get from playing Quake 1 and Quake 2 but in a completely new manner. I would not mind if a new Quake game played similar to that.

Edited by Individualised

I mean, what's even the appeal of a new single-player Quake? The movement mechanics have been perfected by other, recent shooters. There's no deep lore to hold people's attention. Also Q4 and Champions kinda sucked, so the idea of a "new Quake game" seems like a gimmick to me. 

1 hour ago, Individualised said:

I do not really trust MachineGames with anything Quake 1-related after playing Dimension of the Machine. I have just finished Quake 2 Ground Zero, am going to start Quake 2 64 and then will play Call of the Machine to see if they did a better effort there.

I would prefer if Quake 5 was to Quake 1 what Doom 4 was to Doom 1; capturing the spirit of the original game while still clearly being its own thing and up to date with AAA standards. I fear that a MachineGames effort would be something more like the gameplay of Quake 4 with theming in the style of how they reinterpreted Quake 1 in DotM, with DotM-like level design too.

I've been recently getting into Ultrakill and in many ways that game feels like a "revitalised" Quake, despite it being completely different to 90s shooters in pretty much everything but aesthetics; it still somehow manages to capture the feeling I get from playing Quake 1 and Quake 2 but in a completely new manner. I would not mind if a new Quake game played similar to that.

I have both expansions still on my list. Thanks for reminding, that I should play them some day.

"Unfortunately", currently I am enjoying the new Prince of Persia game.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Freeze said:

I mean, what's even the appeal of a new single-player Quake? The movement mechanics have been perfected by other, recent shooters. There's no deep lore to hold people's attention. Also Q4 and Champions kinda sucked, so the idea of a "new Quake game" seems like a gimmick to me. 

I only played Doom 4 / 2016, not Eternal, but it would be awesome to see more of Quake 1's artdesign in a modern light. This were my thoughts when I played Quake 1 in 2022 for the very first time. There was no sequel, which had this artdesign and spirit. Coming back to that would be awesome in my opinion.

Rock Paper Shotgun raised the excellent point that we have no way of knowing this isn't a tease for "GREGG'S STEAK BAKE 6"

On 1/19/2024 at 12:20 PM, Terrcraft said:

Obviously, we see AKE 6 above the Quake logo, this is quake 6, assumingly quake 5 was quake champions or maybe dotm, it isnt impossible that "quake 6" was either cancelled or just is cotm, but this seems something of note that I haven't seen much talk about online. 

this is the same logic that memes like "half life 3 confirmed" parody

On 1/19/2024 at 4:27 PM, Rudolph said:

Could this game become the next Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay?

Man, watching the trailer all I could think of was Butcher Bay. 

If this game delivers on that vibe it may be what pushes me to get an Xbox or gaming PC. 

Perhaps not so coincidentally, MachineGames was found by ex-Starbreeze employees.