Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ribbiks

cr2.wad [6 boom maps]

really very fun, thank you for sharing. i adore the geometry of E1 in particular. 02 and 04 are easy favorites.

On 2/22/2024 at 7:20 PM, msx2plus said:

really very fun, thank you for sharing. i adore the geometry of E1 in particular. 02 and 04 are easy favorites.

thanks! I was having fun drawing all the off-kilter shapes, even if they take a bit longer (and potentially invoke the ire of collision-detection enthusiasts). some pointless trivia I'll never get a better opportunity to mention: rough outlines of 03 and 04 were based on old maps of london and shenzhen, respectively. and 02 started off as

Spoiler

Screenshot_2024-01-19_at_8_24.43_PM.png.3114fab2550dd7f41d84115cc1ed9e27.png

a happy duck.

that's a great duck. i like starting maps similarly, big broad gestures that you carve away at until it's a thing. geometry is fun.

Glad to see you still around making things! I played this on HMP and really enjoyed it the whole way through. I was only slightly mindful of ammo but didn't encounter any major troubles. Most of the challenge lied in the latter maps' setpieces and clever monster placement.

Echoing everyone else's sentiments - the way these maps were built perhaps will inspire me to get out of the mapping rut of being so meticulous I don't even know what to draw anymore, lol. Love the abstract geometry and details in 01, 03, and 04 in particular. The last three maps had some great setpieces - the northern quad-vile room in 06, the beeg fight of 05, and the entirety of 07.

I'll perhaps give this a shot on UV later. Great job with this!

Boy that difficulty spike went from 0 to Ribbiks very quickly.

Lots of fun though, excellent as always.

Had a blast playing this; made my afternoon! Levels are gorgeous as well!

Extremely fun maps (UV). Fights were well designed in all the right ways. While not super punishing, the last few maps are fun combat puzzles to solve.

Made me work a bit in the early maps just to get those pesky item bonuses :P

Played this about a month ago and had a good time. First wad I've played in a few years so I was a bit rusty, but I feel like this was a little tougher than what i remember of crumpets. Health and ammo were pretty sparse but apparently I didn't read the directions on the tin and played on UV, oops. MAP06 & 07 were my favorites. Thanks for sharing.

Only issue I had was this guy taking a hike in MAP06

Spoiler

cr2-0.jpg