Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DiceByte

Xbox or PlayStation? What do you prefer?

1 hour ago, Panzermann11 said:

What about the backwards compatiblity? You can play a lot of the old multi-platform games compared to PS.

I mean, the Xbox is compared to a Desert Eagle, two of the things I love, and it can't be a coincidence.

There are not many such games, this is a minor argument.

both have their exclusives on pc lol

2 hours ago, Gothic said:

Gears of War? More like Tears of War. It's all about the PS triple quintuple.

Now more than ever, we need Chad Warden's wisdom to solve the Console War.

To put the PS Quintrizzle back on top, and to put Tears of War, Final Fantasy 12 and Wario: 'Shove It Up Your Own Ass game' back in their place! Truly ABAP, indeed...

PlayStation because there are just more interesting games on there. Xbox has like Halo and 1 or 2 other games. It's not enough to compete with PlayStation, and certainly not being a multiplayer junkie.

Neither.

My Dell Pentium III is still better because it can play actually good fucking games:

LdVd92T.jpeg

In all honesty, I'm pretty happy with the PS5 I bought. I don't have the money, time, or willpower to upgrade my PC and it was starting to struggle with new games. The PS5 is a nice, snappy console. I started to hate the PS3 and PS4 over time for both hardware and software problems. The PS5 is still going to be outdated quickly, so I'm sure there will be a PS5.5 that can actually support ray tracing at something better than 1080p/30fps. Either way, every game I've played on the console (and I tried a lot of them) run at a very solid 60fps in performance mode. I will say that it's obvious that all of the folks online talking about how mindblowing the graphics are on the console have never owned a good PC though lol.

I exclusively play games on my GNU+Linux machine.

'pick this or this' threads with tons of people doing the usual smartass 'NEITHER, THIS' response? check.

Ive only had one Xbox console, the 360, while ive owned every Sony system except the PS5.

The original Xbox was too much of a dudebro console for me, had almost no RPGs and the few it did all ended up on PC anyway. To this day, the Xemu emulator is useless for me, as the only Xbox game I ever needed to play again was the Doom 3 ports for research into the Classic Doom quirks. Meanwhile the PS2 had the greatest library known to man, which totally overwrote the fact it was the weakest system that generation.

The Xbox 360 was bought at a time when Sony was at peak arrogance due to the PS2 success, with the PS3 being astronomically expensive and having less games. Achievements were a thing I had never heard about till I got my 360 and I loved the idea of them, little badges on your account showing what you'd done, and a collector's potential obsession. First games were Mass Effect and Oblivion, both of which knocked my jaw right off for the generational leap, with Bioshock being the third game, also stunning me with the advances since the PS2 generation. Eventually the PS3 got cheap enough to try out, and strange decisions by Microsoft with the obsession with Kinect, and the 9 million dashboard changes, plus having to pay for online play, I slowly converted to the PS3, but never fully switched in this generation, as each had advantages and exclusives

With the PS4 and X1, Xbox was at full arrogance and pissed off *everyone*, with Sony pretending to be the good guys and capitalising on that mistake. I too went with the PS4 over the X1 for his, and it paid off, as the X1 never really got any worthwhile exclusives in its lifetime. The one thing I would have gotten it for, is the backwards compatibility with 'upgrades' for Xbox and X360 games. The PS4 kept dishing out constant exclusives that were good. Eventually management shifted and the PS4 went the road of evil again, but I already had the thing and kept using it till my gaming PC was acquired, and the more upgrades it got, the more I just played the PC versions of games.

By the PS5's time, the console was once again PS3 priced, and there was nothing exclusive that interested me. The PS5's controller is amazing, i'll give it that, but only first party games really utilised it well, and plugging it into a PC gives almost no support, even stuff like GZDoom couldnt figure out wtf to do with it on a basic level, so bck to the X1 Elite controller I went, the only good thing about that system to me.

Ultimately at this point, im PC with Nintendo on the side, as Nintendo systems *always* have special exclusives that only they can pull off, while the other two have games that almost always get PC ports at some point. Its less about system loyalty or perceived superiority (Career PC elitists always make me want to beat them to death with their precious keyboards, the sheer contempt and attitude is always disgusting), for me its now about futureproofing my data. I was lucky in that a PS3 and PSP emulator allowed me to transfer my saves to PC, albeit with not all of the games working right, but my PS2, PS4, Vita saves and progress, all of it is locked to aging consoles that will break down. My PC stuff has transitioned across a LOT of systems, so I rarely lose anything. THAT is important to me.

19 hours ago, Individualised said:

Would have said Nintendo if it weren't for breaking news regarding an upcoming platform.

You mean one that can run Doom Eternal at 60fps with some decent graphics?

17 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

I don't have to besides people need to WAKE UP crapbox is dead i heared they arent even going to make new games for it cringebox users must be MAD oh wait nobody plays suckbox anyway!!!

You gaystation nerds think you're hotbshitbrigjt now, but wait until Bill Gates arives with his army of XBOTS to kick your ASS!!!

Just now, MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai said:

You gaystation nerds think you're hotbshitbrigjt now, but wait until Bill Gates arives with his army of XBOTS to kick your ASS!!!

CALM DOWN! Please, for Christ sake, can we all just share our opinions in peace?

Just now, DiceByte said:

CALM DOWN! Please, for Christ sake, can we all just share our opinions in peace?

Uhh DiceByte, you know Mushroom and I are just playing a character, right?

Just now, MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai said:

Ohhh! Right, right. My bad. You may continue as long as you make it obvious you are playing a character.

3 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

In all honesty, I'm pretty happy with the PS5 I bought. I don't have the money, time, or willpower to upgrade my PC and it was starting to struggle with new games. The PS5 is a nice, snappy console. I started to hate the PS3 and PS4 over time for both hardware and software problems. The PS5 is still going to be outdated quickly, so I'm sure there will be a PS5.5 that can actually support ray tracing at something better than 1080p/30fps. Either way, every game I've played on the console (and I tried a lot of them) run at a very solid 60fps in performance mode. I will say that it's obvious that all of the folks online talking about how mindblowing the graphics are on the console have never owned a good PC though lol.

What about dem games though? Compared to previous iterations I heard the library is lackluster

People take consoles so seriously that they rage over every aspect of each console and the games likely because they have low self esteem and need to argue with people who went with the other console. I’m glad I was able to have access to both growing up and saw what was great and not so great from both offerings.

Edited by DNSKILL5

6 hours ago, OpenRift said:

Neither.

My Dell Pentium III is still better because it can play actually good fucking games:

oh yeah? well my piece of shit pentium ii is better than your piece of shit pentium iii

20240217_180753.jpg.7b3c1519d439ce28d6ec64e462e69ca7.jpg

how this is relevant to console discussion, i have no idea

On 2/18/2024 at 6:23 AM, MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai said:

Oh, so you were... Shit, I thought you guys were bickering for real. You guys could at least have told me.

Edited by Panzermann11

42 minutes ago, roadworx said:

oh yeah? well my piece of shit pentium ii is better than your piece of shit pentium iii

20240217_180753.jpg.7b3c1519d439ce28d6ec64e462e69ca7.jpg

how this is relevant to console discussion, i have no idea

Because console bad, also I have a Voodoo 3 so uh, nuh-uh

30 minutes ago, D4NUK1 said:

Those pentiums are not so beast to my Intel Pentium IV

image.png.ba01f41db07c22f218c65f610e5443b3.png

DtIyCfbWwAAF-vI?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Bro that is a corpse you can't go around showing that on Doomworld D:

I'm going to have to side with Xbox on this.
I adore the PS2, but when it comes to the PS2 vs. the OG Xbox, I prefer the Xbox. Most of the games that I played at the time were multiplatform titles that, 9 times out of ten, ran much better on the Xbox.
I do prefer the PS3 though. The controller was garbage, but at least I didn't have to pay for online multiplayer. A lot of games also had neat bonus content to make up for the fact that most multiplats were still running better on the 360.
The 2 generations after that were when I stopped caring about consoles because I had built my own PC by 2014. However, I do have an Xbox One X and a PS4, and between those 2, I end up using the Xbox more simply because it can play most of the 360's (and some of the OG Xbox's) library.
Nowadays I primarily play on PC and Switch.

Playstation for me. The exclusives it's put out are generally more to my tastes than other systems. That's it. I'm definitely more of a PC gamer these days. I own a switch and a PS5, but I see zero reason to own an Xbox tbh. There are just zero games on it if you already own a PC. It's looking like Sony will be taking this route too. Which is honestly fine by me. 

From a Modern Perspective; PS5. But my all-time favorite Console is The Xbox 360 Slim. I used to always play on this thing when my Older Brother switched over to Xbox One; I still do, and it's a pretty good system imo. My Brother got this one in 2005 I think.

Edit: Sorry I made a mistake, it was made in 2010. I could've sworn one of the games on there said played in 2005 though.

image0 (1).png

My gaming is divided between my PC, which is great but is roughly half a decade old at this point, a Switch for goofy indie games and Nintendo first party, and a Xbox Series X for current-gen games my PC can't handle good and the glory of Game Pass. I don't have any particularly pressing need for a PS5 since most games are multiplatform nowadays and the formula a lot of Sony first-party titles take (especially following the sad demise of most of their Japanese studios) isn't really something I'm interested in.

10 hours ago, D4NUK1 said:

Those pentiums are not so beast to my Intel Pentium IV

Intel peaked with the 486 everyone knows that

6-A05490-E-D48-B-4-CD8-80-A0-4-AE1-CF341

If this thread can’t be one kind of futile pissing contest then we can make it another one 

PS2 and PS1 are the two best console libraries ever. I'm indifferent to everything that came after.

I've been setting up OG Xbox emulation on my Steam Deck and it turns out there's hardly anything I want to play on it. It has my favorite version of Pirates! but not much else.