Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IPlayDoomwaytomuch

My first wad ever! (single map wad for Doom 2)

For a first map, it's very good. Basic, but you've got a solid grasp on the important aspects like scale and map flow.

I have some feedback; the Cyberdemon arena felt under developed, for a lot of the level you have zero interaction with that room while the Cyberdemons beat the shit out of some poor Barons.

The idea of using infighting as a necessity to progress is a good one, it's just not touched upon very well here.

Aside from that, very well made keep it up!

On 2/18/2024 at 2:13 AM, watto3699 said:

Looks fun and pretty inspired for a first map, I'll give it a go.

On 2/18/2024 at 3:10 AM, watto3699 said:

For a first map, it's very good. Basic, but you've got a solid grasp on the important aspects like scale and map flow.

I have some feedback; the Cyberdemon arena felt under developed, for a lot of the level you have zero interaction with that room while the Cyberdemons beat the shit out of some poor Barons.

The idea of using infighting as a necessity to progress is a good one, it's just not touched upon very well here.

Aside from that, very well made keep it up!

thanks for playing my map and for the feedback.

I do have a few questions, specifically about Ultimate Doom Builder (if you can answer them)

1.  how do you make a teleporter?

2.  how do you make custom textures?

3.  does PB doom work with UDB

4.  what is the player's scale?

26 minutes ago, IPlayDoomwaytomuch said:

thanks for playing my map and for the feedback.

I do have a few questions, specifically about Ultimate Doom Builder (if you can answer them)

1.  how do you make a teleporter?

2.  how do you make custom textures?

3.  does PB doom work with UDB

4.  what is the player's scale?

1.) Teleporter depends on format.  There are different formats in Doom, so there are different ways to make the teleporter.

Basic is the same: You need a sector, that has been tagged with a number. In the same sector, you put a "Teleport destination" item. That's where your monsters (or player) will teleport to.

To make the teleport work, you create a linedef with the teleport line action. That linedef MUST have the same tag number, as the sector with "Teleport Destination" item. Once those two steps are done, any monster (or players and monsters if you use WR Teleport line action) will teleport to target sector.

2. For custom textures, you need slade3. The tutorial, how to add custom textures, is here: Slade 3 Texture tutorial

To Download Slade3, you go here: https://slade.mancubus.net/index.php?page=downloads

3) Yes. But project Brutality has it's own conditions on how to use it. You need to ask it from the Developers of that mod.

How to add: When creating a new map or opening an existing map, click on "Add Resource" button. Dialog opens up, click on "From PK3/PKE/PK7" tab. Click on open folder button next to the empty field, find your Project Brutality pk3 file (I think it is PB_Staging.pk3) and click open. Then click OK and now you have that as a resource file. It will also now be initiated upon launching the map through F9 button, so you can test your map with project brutality.

However, I am not 100% certain, as I do not use GZDoom with project brutality.

4) Player is the same height as zombies and imps.

not bad for first try....fights are alright and design is basic....i cant found any exit though and 1 secret

my prboom cl9 demo played on uv

popi9.zip