Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mai Shiranui

Who's your favourite female character in video games?

45 minutes ago, Murdoch said:

We already know you're a pervert so not much to lose by going with option two.

Literally have a Van Darkholme pfp, you are so right.

-

Anna Williams, I think they're neat.

Sorry, not particularly into squids, I'm a degenerate not a degenerate.

Edited by mrthejoshmon

I won't think too hard on this, my gut says Leona Heidern

I guess that makes a lot of sense, on a certain level she shares some things in common with my favourite female character in anything if videogames weren't specified (I'll leave you to guess on who that is), and was my main when I did play fighting games in the KoF series. 

mae borowski

edit: I love following fighting games and there's lots of female characters to choose from but uhhh they're all underwritten ciphers and archetypes. maybe they each get one new paragraph of characterization every seven years

Edited by yakfak

Jesse Eden from Control

Lara Croft (classic one, the new one kinda sucks lol),
Ellie from Last of Us,
Chloe and Elena from Uncharted series,

Ellie and Abby from TLOU Part 2

GLaDOS from Portal and its sequel

Baiken from Guilty Gear Strive

Susie from Deltarune 

Mostly just a list of characters I find really likeable/funny/got super invested in. Baiken is on the list because I mained her in that particular game, don't ask me about the lore because I have no clue.

Edited by Egg Boy

1 hour ago, mrthejoshmon said:

Sorry, not particularly into squids, I'm a degenerate not a degenerate.

The character design in that game is highly fucking offputting even on its own. But I entered a new realm of survival horror when I came across the kinky inky "fan art". Two Girls One Cup aint got shit on that. Okay, maybe a little shit.

Honestly the first thing I thought of was Taisabachi*, the bee themed superweapon/leader of evil robots from Dodonpachi

kouryuu.png.79099c6eb6465a50e5e534889f3cb57a.png

Who has a vocaloid-esque redesign in the 2012 reboot, but was objectively much cooler as a big robot bee:

char-sdoj-hina_big.jpg.f734dc14b2156c004b31019ebf2acfd3.jpg

* aka Hibachi, Kouryuu, Supreme Killing Weapon Golden Disaster, Hina, Big Bee, Hachi, Inbachi, and probably several more names and alternate versions I've forgotten.

Just now, Grain of Salt said:

Honestly the first thing I thought of was Taisabachi*, the bee themed superweapon/leader of evil robots from Dodonpachi

kouryuu.png.79099c6eb6465a50e5e534889f3cb57a.png

Who has a vocaloid-esque redesign in the 2012 reboot, but was objectively much cooler as a big robot bee:

char-sdoj-hina_big.jpg.f734dc14b2156c004b31019ebf2acfd3.jpg

* aka Hibachi, Kouryuu, Supreme Killing Weapon Golden Disaster, Hina, Big Bee, Hachi, Inbachi, and probably several more names and alternate versions I've forgotten.

Not that I’m anti anime or anything but what a fucking downgrade 

8 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

Not that I’m anti anime or anything but what a fucking downgrade 

ikr...

Edit: in fairness, you're not supposed to realize the vocaloid version is Hibachi, it's meant to be a twist at the end of the game, I think.

Edited by Grain of Salt

I'm loving the KOF rep in this thread, but I gotta put forward King (originally from Art of Fighting) as my choice...

...along with Chun-Li, Blaze Fielding, Morrigan Aensland, Sarah Bryant, Nina Williams, Charlotte from SamSho, Rouge the Bat, Hornet from Hollow Knight, Draco Centauros, and so on and so forth. I sure do main a lot of female characters in games huh.

Well, out of jokes, my favorite female video game character would be hong meiling (aka the gatekeeper from my pfp) from touhou.

Spoiler

image.png.994dce3d95761d7942e2736ad2dd4b1c.png

1 hour ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

The character design in that game is highly fucking offputting even on its own. But I entered a new realm of survival horror when I came across the kinky inky "fan art". Two Girls One Cup aint got shit on that. Okay, maybe a little shit.

The most scarring horrors that lingered with me have never been intentional horrors.

I am a firm believer (and have experienced enough to hold firm this belief) that truly the scariest thing in the world is not monsters, evil or even death itself, it is instead what causes arousal in the maladjusted.

It will always be amusing that DeviantArt banned my stuff for sexual content, despite me being so painfully vanilla, and in my place are unchecked horrors beyond human comprehension.

Spoiler

("My stuff" is just me being vague, I do not make stuff).

Edited by mrthejoshmon

The Saints Row 2 boss voiced by Rebecca Sanabria. I think it’s the third option. She makes being the boss so damn fun. I’d otherwise consider it cheating using created female characters, but these boss voices are great and add so much to the game.

Moira Brown from Fallout 3.

Weird thing is that I normally don't really like overly positive characters, they usually annoy me, but with Moira - I guess it's because of the world of Fallout being so bleak, that makes Moira's relatively positive attitude endear me to her, she's a small beacon of light in the darkness. Also, I liked her survival guide quest and how it's effectiveness varied depending on how you accomplished her quest.

The funny thing about her is that... well...

Spoiler

You can blow her up with a nuke and turn her into a ghoul and she's not mad at you, if anything - she sees this as an opportunity to explore and gain knowledge. BUT - if you simply tell her that her survival guide idea is stupid and that she should stop - she immediately becomes depressed, which (when I was playing on a evil karma playthrough) emotionally hurt me so much, I reloaded a save and decided to just nuke her ass, because that was the lesser of two evils action. Even when I was being a bastard - she still made me care.

She is the best nerd!

59 minutes ago, Ozcar said:

Well, out of jokes, my favorite female video game character would be hong meiling (aka the gatekeeper from my pfp) from touhou.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.994dce3d95761d7942e2736ad2dd4b1c.png

I like Meiling a lot too (and I think my 3rd favorite touhou is Yuyuko). I actually really like when Koakuma and Meiling are drawn together, but this is unfortunately very rare.

Anyway, since Koakuma is almost a non-character in the official Touhou lore and her entire personality was basically created by the fan base, my favorite female character that is actually a character is Lea from CrossCode.

Spoiler

TechDemo-Lea.png

I'm going through a Super Metroid phase again, hunting for good hacks to play and playing with keyboard like a noob, so it's Samus Aran. But I also find Cate Archer from the NOLF series to be a very cool character. Hard to beat that 60s spy film vibe!

Lara Croft, Bayonetta, Red (Transistor), Chun Li, Samus Aran, Sun Shangxiang (Dynasty Warriors 8), Lianshi (Dynasty Warriors 8), Lae'zel.

Heather Mason (Silent Hill 3)

Spoiler

f9145504800187c7d0cab8832b23234c.png

Momo (Breath of Fire III)

Spoiler

c840b73a5e0fe3bbf797068d0bc1ba68.jpg

Frye (Splatoon)

Spoiler

08jtjjf6ywh91.gif

Midna (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)

Spoiler

Midna2.png

Lara Croft, Chell, Sheva Alomar, the female survivors of Left 4 Dead, Zoey and Rochelle.

Edited by Panzermann11

19 hours ago, Mai Shiranui said:

For me it's quite hard to pick only one, but i'll go with Mai Shiranui from King of Fighters and Dead or Alive. She looks super hot and i love her.

Yeah nobody would have ever guessed that and the detailed explanation is very informative. Do you by any chance play Doom? Just wondering...

Definitely Lara Croft from the three last big games ( 2013 / Rise of the tomb raider / shadow of the tomb raider ) especially the one from Rise and shadow.

40 minutes ago, magicsofa said:

Yeah nobody would have ever guessed that and the detailed explanation is very informative. Do you by any chance play Doom? Just wondering...

Yep, i completed Classic Doom on UV and Doom 3 years ago. Also i completed Sigil 1 and 2. There's some good custom wads, but i don't care about them. I played a little bit of Doom 64 and Doom 2016 as well.

Edited by Mai Shiranui

Marona from Phantom Brave. This is how you do RPG protagonists right.

Honorable mentions: Salome (Makai Kingdom), Lenneth (Valkyrie Profile), Ciel (Mega Man Zero), Sialeeds (Suikoden V), Etna and Flonne (Disgaea)

Lara Croft, Samus Aran, Jill Valentine and Tira from Soulcalibur.

Edited by Dubbag