Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomguyButItalian

Any italian Doomers here?

I'm from Italy, I played Doom for a long time by now, but I often ask myself how many other italians are active in the community...

Like I've seen WADs from many countries, russians, spanish, Japanese, but so far I can't recall any WAD made by an italian (or more in canse of of a MegaWAD), so if any of you any pls let me know here, thank you very much!

Gaspe was active at one time and actually made a Cacoward winner if not one of the lesser known ones. 

There's a fair few Italian mappers but the one I know is the most consistently active would be Walter, although I dunno if anyone will remember any of his maps. Redead-ita has contributed to DBPs and occasionally released minor solo maps and there's at least one other person I know from Italy currently active but I can't think of their name.

There's also thelokk, although she's recently been moving towards Quake moreso and has a....rather distinct and unforgiving style.

9 hours ago, Maximum Matt said:

ALL HAIL THE CASALIS

The Casali brothers are not Italians.

There is a scarcity of information regarding their upbringing , but from some (poor) research I'm inclined to believe they're the sons of the famous illustrator Kim Casali, whom was married to an Italian engineer. But I have no actual proof that this might be the truth, to be honest, so take it for what it is.

Anyway, back in topic, I'm Italian too : ) and I've published only one map so far which I'd consider unmistakably Italian, inspirationally-wise ; )

15 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

There's a fair few Italian mappers but the one I know is the most consistently active would be Walter, although I dunno if anyone will remember any of his maps.

T_T

Spoiler

Bè comunque ciao

There's also this trio from the long-forgotten year of 2005: https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Italian_DooM_-_Episodio_1

Actually, Ismaele was the first person i came in contact when i started to modding again in 2005, i really liked it's maps back in the day!

Other people from Italy:

Glassyman of the infamous Gamarra series

Angry Saint

Paul977

Edited by Walter confetti

An Italian label happens to release my music, so I guess I'm liked by Italians.

And I love Pizza, pasta, cappuccino and all that lovely stuff.

11 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

T_T

Reveal hidden contents

Bè comunque ciao

There's also this trio from the long-forgotten year of 2005: https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Italian_DooM_-_Episodio_1

Actually, Ismaele was the first person i came in contact when i started to modding again in 2005, i really liked it's maps back in the day!

Other people from Italy:

Glassyman of the infamous Gamarra series

Angry Saint

Paul977

Angry Saint might have been who I was thinking of in part, but I also remember someone newer that posted in the 'what country are you from' thread. Thanks

11 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Other people from Italy:

Angry Saint

Heh, Angry Saint was the first person that came to mind; solely because I love their Freedoom: Phase 1 map, "Acquainted With Grief".

22 minutes ago, Astar said:

@Enzo Carozza heh... Funny, "Enzo Carozza" sounds pretty italian to me

I'm (unfortunately) British. :(

Edited by Enzo Carozza

On 2/21/2024 at 12:40 AM, DoomguyButItalian said:

I'm from Italy, I played Doom for a long time by now, but I often ask myself how many other italians are active in the community...

Like I've seen WADs from many countries, russians, spanish, Japanese, but so far I can't recall any WAD made by an italian (or more in canse of of a MegaWAD), so if any of you any pls let me know here, thank you very much!

I am also from Italy, and here's a megawad made by members of the Italian community several years back: https://doomwiki.org/wiki/Italian_Doom

Yes, i too am Italian, i would also like to name Atronx who is also Italian and he has also made a map for the first eviternity.

I'm italian as well, I ended up registering here on the forum asking for sourceports to play Heretic. While browsing I came across the mapping sections and decided to try mapping. I looked up the tutorials and managed to make three maps with my beginner skills. I was working on a fourth one but my lack of motivation and ideas kind of stopped me. The last map I was trying to make started in some cave or so, kind of hard to make caves I admit.

I'm Italian, from Trieste (so Italo-Slavo-Austro-Ungarico). I was quite active in 2016/2017/2018, then I started having other hobbies like a family or writing science fiction and fantasy books, and now I just work on one map per year in average. My last creation is the re-creation of the Miramare Castle near my hometown for the Hell on World Tour by Walter.

But before that I used the UltimateLorenzo nickname (I decided to change in 2015 for various reasons) and with Ismaele and Buzzbomber we did the first Italian Doom wad.

If there are enough of us here around we may create a new Italian Megawad for the 20 years anniversary.

I'm happy to see many Italian doomers having received a Cacowards and many other playing the game.

2 hours ago, ptrdoom said:

I'm italian as well, I ended up registering here on the forum asking for sourceports to play Heretic. While browsing I came across the mapping sections and decided to try mapping. I looked up the tutorials and managed to make three maps with my beginner skills. I was working on a fourth one but my lack of motivation and ideas kind of stopped me. The last map I was trying to make started in some cave or so, kind of hard to make caves I admit.

Sorry, not italian, just wanted to answet this guy. I hope to see your fourth map to this day, you were going strong. My friend @The Royal We might be able to teach you a thing or two about making rocky formations. 

Hello, I'm also Italian!

I mainly do speedruns but I also make maps sometimes

Edited by Niloquì : Typo

4 hours ago, DoomGappy said:

Sorry, not italian, just wanted to answet this guy. I hope to see your fourth map to this day, you were going strong. My friend @The Royal We might be able to teach you a thing or two about making rocky formations. 

If I could find the will to continue, eventually maybe!

On 2/21/2024 at 1:24 PM, Walter confetti said:
On 2/21/2024 at 12:55 AM, LadyMistDragon said:

There's a fair few Italian mappers but the one I know is the most consistently active would be Walter, although I dunno if anyone will remember any of his maps.

T_T

Hey Walter, now's maybe a good time to let you know how much I enjoyed some of your old Heretic maps! I've been on a Heretic kick lately, and I thought your entries in Heretic Treasure Chest and HUMP mini were excellent and the highlights of both wads. I was actually pretty surprised with E3M5 in HTC, just because you tend towards shorter maps and this was quite large.