Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AustroDoomer

PLENTY - a short single map for DOOM/ULTIMATE DOOM

This is a other map made by me, its also in the old vanilla format but it includes some new textures and a decorade lump.

I am not sure if its works with non Zdoom ports. (prboom shows a lot of glitches)This map is very small and in a stone -

computer style with some outdoor areas. It shouldn't be too hard to play, but especially in UV there are some challenging parts.

Playtime is about 10 - 15 minutes, to hide all secrets should be take longer. (where is the soulsphere :) )

GAME: DOOM/ULTIMATE DOOM - Iwad: DOOM.WAD

FILE NAME: PLENTY.WAD   (don't ask me why it's called that, i don´t know it)

MAP:  E1M7

No freelooking or crouching required ,jumping is not allowed, otherwise you can jump easily to the exit or get trapped.

Designed for single player and cooperative 2-4 Player but only testet in single player mode!

Difficulty Settings : Yes 

Tested With : ZDoom, GZDoom , prboom

Additional Credits to : ID Software,MaxED (Gzdoom Builder), Simon Judd (Slade),

DOWNLOAD:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wo0769z626rhuqr/PLENTY.wad/file

EXTRA DOWNLOAD LINK FOR PRBOOM:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jig1c09ovu0ki0b/PLENTY-PRboom%2B.wad/file

Have fun with play!

Screenshots:

P1.png.d8d689fb7d3d1c353c2c2486ec5ad31b.png

P2.png.f522e13336c0621a24e27f18a0e76661.png

P3.png.63546c9d3cd67d726993739249bbe662.png

P4.png.5bd19cb63c2d67a172573c314642f5be.png

P5.png.dfbc9a40238cbc6a3bb3a5049b8e9440.png

Edited by AustroDoomer

Just now, Zahid said:

map crash in prboom when enter first room

I´m sorry that you could not play my map in prboom. I´m sure the error was  I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal: signal 11 that crashes

the map.There are some truecolor textures, and flats used as wall patches in this map, i dont no why prboom don´t supports this stuff.

So i killed some of them out of the map and set a new extra download link for prboom in the first post that should work now. 

16 hours ago, Riclo500 said:

This was really good! Great job man

Thanks for playing my map! I really like your  weapons mod that you use! You found 50% of the secrets in the map thats good, but you were so close to

the other secrets in 4:27 and 9:46 !At 9:46 you shoud look opposite the room with the red card.... there you are you extremely close to

the soul sphere! Maybe it could now easier to find by other players.

Nice little map! Tested on GZDoom, UV level. Mildly chellenging with lots of little traps that keep the player on his toes. The secret areas are not shown in the map even after finding the automap, but I managed to find them all anyway (the whole map is not big, all in all).

The colorful crates gave the map a little Mario's flavor, what I disliked at first but quickly got used to, to the point of finding them lighthearted and fun.

The overall design makes great use of small space, the sensation is of an "efficient" map that can be traversed quickly without feeling cramped. Great job!

8 hours ago, ARMCoder said:

Nice little map! Tested on GZDoom, UV level. Mildly chellenging with lots of little traps that keep the player on his toes. The secret areas are not shown in the map even after finding the automap, but I managed to find them all anyway (the whole map is not big, all in all).

The colorful crates gave the map a little Mario's flavor, what I disliked at first but quickly got used to, to the point of finding them lighthearted and fun.

The overall design makes great use of small space, the sensation is of an "efficient" map that can be traversed quickly without feeling cramped. Great job!

Many thanks for your feedback and i´m glad you liked the map and the gameplay! The textures were created with a older photo prog and they

looks really a litte comic stylish.

I will try to post in the near future a much more challenging map than this.Unfortunately, i don't know which ones yet. I have some of them...