Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

'oly shit. Beewen, you absolute madlad! This is a must-play for me! I freaking loved Relyctum and Greenian!

Oh neat, *another* classic semi-obscure megawad with sentimental value to me, being remastered by BeeWen xD

Whats next, 5th Project of Doom? :p

Vilecore was the very first megawad I ever downloaded, I played it on Doom95 and was blown away that someone had replaced ALL the levels of the game, so its something I'll always have memories of. Did you use the correct level layout though? It was bugged and Map 30 and 32 were accidentally swapped, which is why the titular Vilecore map was halfway through the game (That said, Battle Hex turned out to be far harder than Vilecore as a Map 30)

I can atest to this being an absolute masterpiece! An instant favorite of all time!

Oh, congratulations on the release!

This is great, more maps from you is good news. I've not played the original Vilecore so I'm gonna be missing on the "total revision" aspect. First two maps in, on the one side I'm liking it so far. On another side, I didn't expect to hear a Britney Spears song in something like this.. so, I'm invested!

LOVE that Stonehenge in shot 1. Does that count as Doomcute?

Any other download link? I dont wont to create account for downloading one file.

1 hour ago, tom3kb said:

Any other download link? I dont wont to create account for downloading one file.

You don't need to create an account. One of the buttons lets you download the file without registering.

@Firedust i dont think so, i see only option to save to my yandex disk and after this i could download that file.

Screenshot_20240229-143250~2.png

11 minutes ago, tom3kb said:

@Firedust i dont think so, i see only option to save to my yandex disk and after this i could download that file.

Screenshot_20240229-143250~2.png

That is incredibly strange, because I swear there were two buttons and I pressed one of them to download. I don't have a yandex account either and I don't plan on making one. Hmm. Maybe ask Beewen to upload to mediafire then?

It looks a nice wad but I can't download it. Let's wait for a new link

I play through Vilecore from time to time. It's not the best quality, but I still like it. So I'm glad this was done, and am so far enjoying it. I'm on level 4.

On 2/29/2024 at 9:54 PM, tom3kb said:

On 3/1/2024 at 2:58 AM, UnknDoomer said:

Same here. Seems to be an issue on the author's side.

On 3/1/2024 at 2:59 AM, Searcher said:

obviously a popular download.  I will also have to wait for another link.

On 3/1/2024 at 6:39 AM, DaRkWeZ said:

It looks a nice wad but I can't download it. Let's wait for a new link

Here you go guys

EDIT: I'll leave it up for the time being, since its linked in the first post now

Edited by Devalaous

Interesting! I do wonder what @Doom_Dude will think of this given he has his own remaster in progress - if I were him, I'd be flattered so many people remember Vilecore fondly :)

Some unnecessary items were found during the game. Minor corrections have been made, the link has been updated. Have a nice game!

I found a potential softlock in map04. More specifically, in the northeastern room with the megasphere.

Spoiler

dWdtMso.png

ryqEkv8.png

Turning this corner draws the player's attention to the switch on the left, and makes the one on the right easy to miss.

sAMFDmT.png

At first, I dropped into the pit after only pressing the left switch, leaving me stuck in the pit.

Might it work if the switch on the right was changed to a walkover trigger just before the drop into the pit?

Posted (edited)

Map 4 - can confirm the pit section is a bit bugged.

Also, this teleporter closet with lost souls is broken: https://prnt.sc/s5y_jusrvL6B

Will edit this post if I encounter any more bugs.

Map 10 - @BeeWen did you forget to place the red key? Playing on UV and I can't seem to locate it.

Edited by Firedust

22 hours ago, SiFi270 said:

I found a potential softlock in map04. More specifically, in the northeastern room with the megasphere.

There you need to do an action on one trigger, then there will be no desire to jump back into the pit without pressing the second one. Made by.

On 3/3/2024 at 11:55 PM, BeeWen said:

Some unnecessary items were found during the game. Minor corrections have been made, the link has been updated. Have a nice game!

Updated my alternative link with this newer copy. I think the link stayed the same in the process, thankfully

On 3/3/2024 at 11:22 PM, Firedust said:

Map 10 - @BeeWen did you forget to place the red key? Playing on UV and I can't seem to locate it. 

The red key is located on the topmost ledge of the well - sector 103.

44 minutes ago, BeeWen said:

The red key is located on the topmost ledge of the well - sector 103.

LMAO the double switch in the acid pit got me good.

Oh man, I remember playing Vilecore once upon a time, but even if my memory isn't great, the screenshots are enough to sell me on this one! Looking forward to it.

A small error was found with the display of level names after the 16th map. Corrected.