Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snor1ax_

How to stop an animated texture from looping

Not sure this solves your issue but I have animated switches in OTEX where only the active state is animating.

Is it for GZDoom? If so, I suppose you could use SetLineTexture in a script to replicate the animation instead of defining it as an animated texture.
I'm not sure about the specifics, though. It's been a while since I've tried anything ZDoom related.

On 3/5/2024 at 7:13 PM, Snor1ax_ said:

... but it seems ANIMDEFS only works with included-DOOM textures, and trying to include a line with the last few imported frames, with say, a tickrate of 9999999 doesn't work

ANIMDEFS lets you to redefine each frame but it goes in a dufferent way. For example FWATER4:

flat FWATER4
pic FWATER1 tics 4
pic FWATER2 tics 4
pic FWATER3 tics 4
pic FWATER4 tics 9999999

FWATER4 here because Doom2 map01 uses FWATER4 :) And that redefines only FWATER4. The rest FWATER1-3 still retain their original animation speeds. The original animation cycle takes only 4 * 4 = 16 tics which is less than half a second. If you set the last frame to spend 999999 tics (= around 8 hours) the animation in over in half a second and everyone will get bored and go away.

The ACS script what SuperGiantNinjaYeti could be the best choice.