Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CacoKnight

Favorite Doom Music Composer?

Posted (edited)

I was listening to Tristan Clark (again) and I was thinking hey, I need a list of all the WAD composers too not just YouTubers.

Who are your favorites?

they are all great, but I really love Kniggit’s work on the Darkening E2 soundtrack and would kill to have more tracks like that!

@Tristan and @Cammy consistently make music I greatly enjoy. There are many others that make stuff I love, but these two have a near 100% great music record for my tastes

BPRD, stewboy, Tristan, Bucket, Jimmy, Lippeth, esselfortium, Varis Alpha, hope I'm not forgetting anyone!

Posted (edited)

My favorites in no particular order:

mouldy, Bucket & stewboy

A handful that come to mind immediately & also in no particular order.  I love music so this might seem like a bit of a name dump:

BPRD, Jimmy, Lippeth, Myrgharok, Tristan Clark, Cammy, Peter Lawrence, Mark Klem, decino, Mr. Freeze, Jonaya Riley, sego, Korp, snaxalotl, probably more that I can't think of off the top of my head

Edit:  Of course I had to come back and mention the folks that made TNT's OST and Robert Prince, though I have a feeling you're looking for other composers.

Posted (edited)

One name that hasn't been mentioned is Bloo. I really liked her work in the Ultimate Midi Pack. It really gives the first episode some needed character.

Al-fonzzzo. I should listen to more of his midis at some point but at least 2 of them (On the Outer and Gutter Penny) are certified hood classics, and the stuff he did for Mid: The Way Id Did can not be denied.

Decino is shockingly talented whenever he puts out music. His one for NRTFL is lovely as they come!

thelokk has created some quite intense stuff in her own wads.

Doomkid has a decent chunk of solid midis, although he's viewed himself more as a tinkerer than a composer, but that just might be him struggling more with the latter than the former.

There's also zan-zan-zawa-veia (HOSILA from Plutonia midi is such a funky banger, and Shin Godzilla.

Edited by LadyMistDragon

My favorite composer by far is Josh Martel. His back catalogue and output is immense and impressive to this day, it easily outshines all other composers. His contributions to TNT: Evilution are outstanding.

Posted (edited)
On 3/15/2024 at 7:58 PM, Maximum Matt said:

ALL HAIL (BOBBY) PRINCE

Not gonna lie, it took me A LONG TIME to get used to his music, now I like it.

Romero should ask TheDooo to do his next soundtrack, I think he might be the best guitarist alive.

Posted (edited)

Maybe Sam Woodman.

I like Thyrbse's metal midis in HR2, but I think I prefer Metabolist's experimental compositions in the end. I really like the way his midis give me the impression of being in a factory or other rather crude places.

I have no one favorite, considering they've all got merits and strengths.
But my top favorites are definitely Mark Klem, JD Herrera, and Jeremy Doyle.

ribbiks is my favorite, you look at his midi catalogue and its nothing but memorable piece after memorable piece.
second would prob have to go to yakfak ;D

Everyone knows Doom maps are supposed to use Metallica/Slayer/Papa Roach midis that don’t loop properly

1) AD_79
2) Tristan Clark (aka Eris Falling)
3) Jimmy

I also really like the way Stewboy and Velvetic & Isotype midi sounds

I really like Shamus Young music, despite it may be not so popular, still, I have some of his music from his wads (which I also freaking love!) on my SSD and I listen them quite often.

Such a good guy!

On 3/17/2024 at 4:18 PM, Gordonkris (aka Megavirk) said:

The composer is Jamie Robertson. (I don't know if he's behind all the tracks of Plutonia 2) 

He's also behind the MIDIs for Map 02, 07, 08, 14, and 29, all very good tracks too!
Rest of Plutonia 2's soundtrack was either by Jimmy, Stewboy, pcorf, jaubourg and The Green Herring or stock tracks from Doom :D