Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Like the friend above suggested, screenshots, format/ intended sourceport, etc. would be nice and helpful.

However, I'm also a bear who sometimes likes surprises and get curious when people post first maps.

In Ultimate Doom Builder, it defaulted to Doom 2 (Doom in Hexen), so I played it with GZDOOM. I previewed stuff and opened it in SLADE first. Gotta be at least a little cautious.

Here's a video (Enjoy!):

Spoiler

Short little map, mostly functions well. I'm going to encourage you to keep mapping, if you enjoyed it.

I can give you some actionable feedback, if you're interested, but you'll have to actually let me know if you want that.
I will say that in the video, you'll notice two softlocks in the elevator room. Probably would do well to fix that.

Cheers!

5 minutes ago, Death Bear said:

Like the friend above suggested, screenshots, format/ intended sourceport, etc. would be nice and helpful.

However, I'm also a bear who sometimes likes surprises and get curious when people post first maps.

In Ultimate Doom Builder, it defaulted to Doom 2 (Doom in Hexen), so I played it with GZDOOM. I previewed stuff and opened it in SLADE first. Gotta be at least a little cautious.

Here's a video (Enjoy!):

Hide contents

Short little map, mostly functions well. I'm going to encourage you to keep mapping, if you enjoyed it.

I can give you some actionable feedback, if you're interested, but you'll have to actually let me know if you want that.
I will say that in the video, you'll notice two softlocks in the elevator room. Probably would do well to fix that.

Cheers!

That pit in the end also looks like it would soft lock the player, unless the intention is for it to be an inescapable death pit. Very good texture alignment and usage for a first map, I second that you keep on mapping if you enjoyed it.

You seem to have the basis right, But do make something bigger next.

The area behind the switch in the second room is just inescapable if you go there.

Your locked door has no indication of it being locked.

Pretty solid first effort.  I don't even really have any feedback other than maybe some more vertical aspects?  Climbing stairs, overlooking previous areas, spawning monsters in here and there if there's back-tracking?  Really nice job.  Good eye for detail.

@BaconBacon64 Hey bro, for being your first map it's not bad at all, there are things to fix in certain aspects of the environments, but gameplay it's pretty solid, so I had a good time playing your map, huh.

Fun little map!

Spoiler

The invisible archvile at the beginning of the level is a nice touch!

14 hours ago, IamtheLaw said:

Fun little map!

Hide contents

The invisible archvile at the beginning of the level is a nice touch!

???

Posted (edited)

It's Baby's First Techbase, but action flows good through the map. Doors were unpegged, which is always nice to see. Even Running from Evil felt appropriate when the action kept up to the end. You should probably mark your doors so the player knows what key goes where. And the exit doesn't need to be a secret area, that felt odd.

Try to expand the map a little bit, see if you can make that green armor a bit more useful :)

Quite late buit this feels like a good first map! I like the visual elements and gameplay isn't bad either. My biggest problem would be all the ways to softlock yourself. Be sure to set actions to repeatable or else once you do it once it won't let you again, so places like that pit with the button or the teleporter can easily softlock you if you fall down more than once. it would also be easy to accidentally fall behind the button and get stuck that way.