Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShiroiAkuma51

Vogel im Käfig (Endoom mapping contest 2024 winner)

Posted (edited)

I have written something about this map in my commentary!

Doom 2 - Hell on Earth - Map: #355 - Vogel im Käfig - [4K60ᶠᵖˢ]

Edited by Custom Longplay

@Custom Longplay Thanks for playing! Hope you're enjoyed my map <3

But it's sad that Brutal Doom broke narrative of the map and you couldn't saw replaced enemies, especially Cyberdemons, that supposed to be giant. Hope you'll find some time and play it as intended. Anyway, thanks again! 

Posted (edited)

Absolutely surreal experience. I felt genuine discomfort going from start to finish of this level. A very atmospheric track, along with great environmental story telling makes for a really scary cocktail. The ending set piece will get you off guard, but, hey, that's part of the beauty of this map.

I'll just give my two cents that the voices of the guards can get a bit annoying in the very long run, but other than that (which is entirely subjective), this level is absolutely phenomenal.

Incredible work!

Edited by Oxyde : YouTube process ✅

Just finished playing through this, and it's really something else. The open layout made it feel like I was playing a horror-drenched version of Lost Civilisation, and the atmosphere was incredible. With the exception of maybe Countrycide, this is the only wad that's actually made me feel a bit afraid. The reveal at the end is the stuff of nightmares, though you can avoid the cyberdemons almost entirely once you know what you're doing (on HMP at least, haven't tried UV yet).

Posted (edited)

Okay, I think I've got a glitch here. On Ultra Violence tracker says there are 352 enemies. I found 351 and 352th is a single imp that are placed in the area that is unavailable to reach (or I need a clue). Only accessible using noclip. Damn, I wasted entire day trying to solve it, gimme a clue how to kill it with no cheats :()

bandicam 2024-04-17 17-31-04-272.jpg

Edited by GGChannel : Added an image

@jmac Thanks for playing! <3

@GGChannel I think it's just a bug, nothing more. Imp should teleport to map from this room, but for some reason he never did. I'll look into it and i'll definetily fix this. Thanks for reporting this. And thanks for playing, of course!

Posted (edited)

Cool, please, let me know when fixed version is up. And ye, thanks for your work, the map is very good and well balanced.

Awesome map! Great atmosphere and fantastic detailing, was a lot of fun to explore. Impressive ending too, I wasn't expecting anything like that. I didn't find the rocket launcher until I had cleared almost all the outdoor areas, so I ran low on other types of ammo (<10 shells much of the time), but if anything that added to the experience.

Posted (edited)

Great work as always Slavius, this was a really well made urban level with a gloomy and grimy atmosphere. The bloodborne SFX and the cultist zombies were a great addition to the level along with the custom music which was superb, and really adds to the overall vibe of the map. I loved the ending too! I was really impressed with how you destroyed the city, along with the cyberdemons spawning in, towering over the player and the buildings from afar after grabbing the final 'item'. The music change was also really cool too, and let me know right away that shit was about to hit the fan lol. This reminds me of of the city levels from the '30 Years with Doom' megawad that released a couple of months ago, and your map blew me away just as much as that megawad did. The exploration was was phenemonal too, and I liked going through the interior of the buildings as much as I did running through the streets. I played on HMP and missed a bunch of secrets, but this level is well worth replaying, as it was an incredible experience!

Edited by Napeyear

Posted (edited)

Thank you very much, @Napeyear!

About cyberdemons towering building you literally read my thoughts when i make this big guys. I'm glad that this moment really works ^^

And i'm surprised how little amount of bugs and problems were found by you, guys o_0

@ShiroiAkuma51 does UV Max possible for this level? I'm asking for speedrun purposes, since the final Cyberdemons seem impossible to kill 

15 minutes ago, endoomer said:

@ShiroiAkuma51 does UV Max possible for this level? I'm asking for speedrun purposes, since the final Cyberdemons seem impossible to kill 

Cyberdemons do not count in killcounter, so you can (and should) kill all monsters and find all secrets before cyberdemons appears

14 hours ago, ShiroiAkuma51 said:

Cyberdemons do not count in killcounter, so you can (and should) kill all monsters and find all secrets before cyberdemons appears

Thanks for clarification!

Hi Shiroi, I just wanted to say that your map is really incredible! The doomcute is off the charts, comparable to that of Jaska's Lost Civilization mixed in with atmospheric horror, I enjoyed the details & gameplay of this map a lot. And the dehacked stuff are really impressive too.

I have 2 questions though, do you have any plans on releasing a 'credits' txt on where you get your resources from?

Also any plans to share the Decohack txt file used for this wad? (Assuming you use Decohack of course)

Posted (edited)

@Legendary_Memez Thanks for playing! I'm glad that you enjoyed! <3 

Resources mostly taken form Blood, Blood 2, NeoDoom and Realm667. And about decohack i'm sorry, but i can't share txt file because i got one of my HDD died and folder with all resources and etc. from this wad lost with that HDD =(

Edited by ShiroiAkuma51

@ShiroiAkuma51 Thanks for telling me about the textures you used, as for the Decohack file, no worries I have learnt more about Decohack & Dehacked on my own time since I posted last time. So it's all good :)

@Legendary_Memez Decohack is simple and close to Decorate, as i can seen by my self and it really helped me, because i'm familiar with decorate on some level (at least it was enough to make decorations and that cyberdemons) ;)