Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lonespacemarine

So any cricket fans here ?

I got somewhat glued to the game when for a brief while our (wired) cable provider carried the Willow channel. I watched a bunch of T20I and Test matches. Started following the Australian "Big Bash League" for a while, and got hooked on the Melbourne Stars. Then came the day when Willow went away, and I was no longer able to follow any form of cricket at all. Sigh. That was several years ago. I'm now on YouTubeTV, and I don't see Willow showing up on the basic package anytime soon.

However, all is not lost. Cricket has come to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, where I live, and major league cricket at that. We'll see if it spreads. 

25 minutes ago, leejacksonaudio said:

I got somewhat glued to the game when for a brief while our (wired) cable provider carried the Willow channel. I watched a bunch of T20I and Test matches. Started following the Australian "Big Bash League" for a while, and got hooked on the Melbourne Stars. Then came the day when Willow went away, and I was no longer able to follow any form of cricket at all. Sigh. That was several years ago. I'm now on YouTubeTV, and I don't see Willow showing up on the basic package anytime soon.

However, all is not lost. Cricket has come to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area, where I live, and major league cricket at that. We'll see if it spreads. 

Seeing Lee Jackson get interested in cricket was not what I expected, but it's a pleasant surprise, I must say! I guess you're all in for Texas Super Kings?

6 hours ago, taufan99 said:

I guess you're all in for Texas Super Kings?

Not "all in," since I've got no easy way of getting coverage without pissing off my wife. :) I'm interested in hearing how they do, though, and I wish the local news would cover them.

NZ's T20 world cup warm up tour of Pakistan starts this week and the matches start at 2am NZ time. Debating how much sleep is worth sacrificing to watch lol.

I'm only interested in so far as when 2063 finally rolls around, Google searches for the Ashes series are going to me a big bump in engagement hits.

On 4/13/2024 at 12:42 AM, leejacksonaudio said:

On Reddit, I once told Tom Dunmore, MLC's head of marketing, that if MLC is serious about growing the sport in the USA, that MLC can't just remain on Willow.

He then said "Yep, absolutely noted - reaching broader audiences is going to be key for growth for sure."

I certainly hope that he still holds this view because T20 Cricket is a great sport.

11 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

NZ's T20 world cup warm up tour of Pakistan starts this week and the matches start at 2am NZ time. Debating how much sleep is worth sacrificing to watch lol.

Not worth getting up for with most of the top players out for IPL/rest/injury

Major League Cricket to begin July 5 (apparently clashing with UK's The Hundred, but most don't seem to care about that one). Note down the date pals!

Despite being an exhibition match, this is only the 2nd time the USA has defeated a Cricket full member country in USA Cricket's entire history. (The 1st one being Ireland).

On 4/6/2024 at 5:05 PM, Plerb said:

I can't say I'm a fan of crickets, the noise they make is kind of weird and I find insects to be really gross. I'd be even less enthused towards a sport revolving around them,

I came here to make this same stupid joke, but once again find I am late to the party. 

Touché 

A Super Over is essentially Cricket's equivalent to Baseball's extra innings.

20 minutes ago, Master O said:

A Super Over is essentially Cricket's equivalent to Baseball's extra innings.

As a Shaheens fan, I'd like to congratulate USA for this victory.

Definitely been a few upsets so far this tournament, including NZ getting thumped by Afghanistan which has put our chances of getting to the Super 8 in jeopardy. Cool seeing the US with a chance of getting through though. If they beat Ireland they're pretty much there (assuming they'll lose to India).

I don't even know how it is played but here generally, people call you to "go play cricket" if you don't like Football, nor Basket. It's like the joke sport in my country, I don't think we even have a single cricket team in Argentina. I might get interested if we suddenly play any international competition though, seems like a circular baseball or something.

USA qualifies for the Super 8s in the T20 World Cup due to their final match against Ireland being rained out in Florida.

As a result of the above, the US also qualifies for the 2026 T20 World Cup as well.

Who's gonna win tommorow, is it sa (All-Time chokers) or india (new generation of chokers)

I guess we will find out gentlemen 

On 6/11/2024 at 4:03 AM, DJVCardMaster said:

I don't even know how it is played but here generally, people call you to "go play cricket" if you don't like Football, nor Basket. It's like the joke sport in my country, I don't think we even have a single cricket team in Argentina. I might get interested if we suddenly play any international competition though, seems like a circular baseball or something.

Sad it see it honestly 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Lonespacemarine said:

Sad it see it honestly 

The funny thing is that several Argentinian sports club with a British root did play cricket (alongside other sports) in their early years, while football eventually became the most popular sport there (with rugby the second), leaving cricket all behind.

Also, I want Afghanistan to win against England at the 3rd position fight, just for all the potential hilarity.

20 hours ago, taufan99 said:

The funny thing is that several Argentinian sports club with a British root did play cricket (alongside other sports) in their early years, while football eventually became the most popular sport there (with rugby the second), leaving cricket all behind.

Also, I want Afghanistan to win against England at the 3rd position fight, just for all the potential hilarity.

That is quite interesting 

Congrats on the second T20 World Cup title (as well as the first ever ICC title in general cricket since 2013), India!

7 hours ago, taufan99 said:

Congrats on the second T20 World Cup title (as well as the first ever ICC title in general cricket since 2013), India!

Thanks man, very cool. Although we almost lost the match when klassen and miller were in the crease