Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nash

NashGore NEXT v1.0

Sorry to hear about your arm and health. D: I hope you recover quickly!

Definitely gonna give this a spin on my next playthrough <3 (currently wrapping up an Ancient Aliens playthrough lol).

It's beautiful... Much smearier, and the new wall decals being opaque is wonderful. I used to use a version of the old Nashgore that made the wall decals opaque to patch the floor ones, and now I'm glad I don't have to!

Rock on bro! I'll give this a whirl. I also have a variation I built based for my own projects, but never put it as a separate pack.

i'm away from my pc for the week and can't try this out, what does this look like?

So after playing around with it, I have to say that Nashgore's back bay-bee! :D

The ability to gib corpses is probably my favorite feature in this release. I also really dig the overall gore effects in general. I didn't really come across anything that I'd consider a bug (there was a bit of slow down on my PC when gibbing large groups of zombiemen but I'm on a lower end PC that's over four years old so that's on me :P).

Very sorry to hear about your health challenges; hope you're feeling better soon.

I'm happy to report that your CBlood Ultimate Edition add-on appears to work nicely with Nashgore Next.  Haven't done extensive testing yet, but so far, so good.  Otherwise, and apart from the BLUDTYPE actor overrides is there a preferred way to handle colored blood in Nashgore Next?

On 4/24/2024 at 9:24 AM, DrR0Ck said:

is there a preferred way to handle colored blood in Nashgore Next?

Actors have a BloodColor property that can be set. If making a mod, this makes their blood be colored, including when using NashGore:
image.png.4b8787b76ecbc5436d6c15621a6d6016.png

Posted (edited)

Hi @Nash, I would like to place a feature request: a Vanilla+ blood mode.

So far, "Default" spawns three kinds of blood objects every time a hitscan attack connects:

1. an impact puff, looking much like the one from duke3d

2. one or several larger splashes that follow a ballistic trajectory but vanish mid-air

3. one or several blood drops that follow a ballistic trajectory and actually hit the ground

In Vanilla mode, the tiny blood drops each indicate a successful hitscan attack and are great for immediate visual feedback on spread/accuracy.

In Default mode, even with blood intensity set to a mere 0.1, blasting mobs at point blank with an SSG results in literal crimson clouds oftentimes larger than the monster itself.

A hypothetical "Vanilla+" could keep the best of both worlds: every time a hitscan attack connects, one or several "Type 3." (see above) blood drops are spawned, with no impact puff or larger by-splashes. Something like that would look just like vanilla but also much cooler.