Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SPG

Which monster do you root for during infighting?

Which monster do you root for during infighting?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which monster do you root for during infighting?

• Zombieman
    • Shotgunner
    • Chaingunner
    • Wolfenstein SS
    • Imp
    • Pinky Demon/Spectre
    • Cacodemon
    • Pain Elemental/Lost Soul
    • Hell Knight
    • Baron of Hell
    • Revenant
    • Mancubus
    • Arachnotron
    • Arch-vile
    • Cyberdemon
    • Spider Mastermind

Hardly notice them most of the time, but when Imps get up close & personal, and start loudly tearing up whomever, its always an extra treat

Chaingunners come close....but they kill each other too easily. Thus, I'll select Imps because there's something quite satisfying seeing large armies of them holding off a Cyberdemon or two.

I root for Our Hero of course. That infights with all of the monsters on any given map.

I root for Revenants to get hit and then lose that fight. The instant homing rocket from one that I'd written off for dead has caught me too many times. Cacodemons biting things cannot be rooted against.

I always root for Zombieman420 but his ping is so high he usually ends up landing like 2 out every 20 shots before getting roasted by a bunch of Archviles he can't even see yet. He hasn't even unlocked that class yet and he hates playing as a healer anyway. He always stands there running in place after the match ends and then dies five minutes later and gets kicked by everyone. He's been really down lately because all of his friends told him he wouldn't get bullied here. I tried to tell him that a K/D ratio of 0.002 isn't that bad but everyone else just dogpiles him. One time some people convinced him that nukage pits can heal Zombiemen, so he ended up committing suicide (and then died five minutes later) in front of the whole server. People were standing around using DOOM Selfie Sticks taking pictures of it, throwing up all those gang signs and everything. It's sad that kids these days resort to making fun of the dead for a cheap thrill. So what if he has green hair? I thought that was the social meta these days.

Posted (edited)

Revenants b/c they’re my favorite enemy in doom, no matter what they’re fighting. Go Revenant, go go, Go Revenant!

Cybercheeks is cool too b/c if it’s a scenario where it’s just one of those guys against an entire mob of demons it’s neat to see him flex those muscles and glutes and completely demolish everybody. Saves me a lot of ammo, too. By the end if it survived, and if he’s the sole monster left in the map, I give him the honor to dying by my pistol. 

Hell Knights and Barons of Hell are both capable of easily starting infighting, tough enough to win it, and not a serious threat to me on their own. One of these two winning is pretty much the optimal outcome of any infighting I start.