Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
8088mph

GAYhem 2024 - The (Gender)Queer Doomer's Community Project! (Needs playtesters)

35 minutes ago, DistroyA said:

I personally think something akin to BTSX's hud with pride colours for accents would be perfect for the project.

Agree, the HUD also shouldn't be so bright/loud that it distracts from the maps.

Posted (edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 9:43 PM, awwnyx said:

if i can get a vm working real quick , or find a good alternative to slade that actually works on arch for me -w-

You should try the windows version of slade through wine for an easy fix.

You could also try the git build of slade which fixes some recent problems with crashes, but still probably needs a custom wxwidgets build. Anyhow if you want I can upload all my arch packages that I'm using.

There are other problems with slade on arch right now, I plan on trying to hunt them all down to at least report them soon, haven't gotten to it yet.

Hello! You can certainly sign me up, I'd love to have something in this.

Ahoy! I love this project idea and I would love to do a map for this :D

On 6/1/2024 at 2:25 PM, Major Arlene said:

Agree, the HUD also shouldn't be so bright/loud that it distracts from the maps.

From what I've seen of the maps they seem to use some pretty striking color schemes already, though not quite so bright. Just darkening the HUD a little bit would make it fit the aesthetic of this WAD nicely, whilst adding more contrast between the background and the text

Spoiler

image.png.f5aac528fa801a1741cecd6fd3791166.pngimage.png.e0590cc3078b2be9b29152ae19231dd6.pngimage.png.44027db1e4bf365677ebf9dc06106bfc.png

Some shots of from my upcoming map "By Any Means Necessary." I'm really proud of how much I've gotten done in a relatively brief amount of time without losing interest. Taking a break for a few days before I get to work on the next section.

If I were to contribute a map, would it have to be Boom-compatible or smth, or can I use Zscript?

12 minutes ago, WASFDDDDD said:

If I were to contribute a map, would it have to be Boom-compatible or smth, or can I use Zscript?

MBF21-compatible is the target. Hope you like voodoo dolls!

23 minutes ago, TenebrusPrimordium said:

I'm just wondering if WADPACK is still being worked on? There's just no news on the topic.(except for leaving the project)

the textures are basically finished, just trying to get it into a more usable state

Posted (edited)
Spoiler

doom139.png?ex=6671f20d&is=6670a08d&hm=4

doom140.png?ex=6671f20d&is=6670a08d&hm=a

doom141.png?ex=6671f20d&is=6670a08d&hm=4

doom142.png?ex=6671f20d&is=6670a08d&hm=0

doom144.png?ex=6671f20d&is=6670a08d&hm=a

doom147.png?ex=6671f20d&is=6670a08d&hm=5

doom149.png?ex=6671f20d&is=6670a08d&hm=9

doom150.png?ex=6671f20d&is=6670a08d&hm=c

The Onyx Ring Engulfs' first release candidate is complete. 1,742 monsters, 6 secrets, 118 items.

(note I forgot to take the last two screenshots in my pre-upload test run so I idclipped to them, hence the incorrect inventory)

Posted (edited)

My entry (first version) is done! I present to you:

Belly Dance

Fight your way through this Egyptian palace, seat your ass on the Pharaoh's throne, then haul it back to the exit!

The music is "arabian 2" from OSRS.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

WQQcHtQ.pngWDdltc2.pngtD6rqeX.png

//// //// //// //// ////

DOWNLOAD HERE!

//// //// //// //// ////

NOTE: in this version, the clear blue sky is a PNG file. It works fine in GZdoom, but might not work in other source ports. Plus, I tried converting it to the palette but the result is less than stellar. As I said before, I'm cool with using one of the skies already provided in the resource pack if fixing this up isn't worth the effort.

Enjoy! <3

Edited by DoctorNuriel

On 6/20/2024 at 6:11 PM, DoctorNuriel said:

Screenshots:

Hide contents

tD6rqeX.png

//// //// //// //// ////

NOTE: in this version, the clear blue sky is a PNG file. It works fine in GZdoom, but might not work in other source ports. Plus, I tried converting it to the palette but the result is less than stellar. As I said before, I'm cool with using one of the skies already provided in the resource pack if fixing this up isn't worth the effort.

Enjoy! <3

the blue sky color really works in the screenshots, i really dig the aesthetic. Im gonna have to download this and check it out 👍

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, mk-1ne said:

xigspBW.png

So the discussion here inspired me to make 'Pridebars' a collection of 14 LGBTQ+ pride themed statusbars based on Skillsaw's statusbar from Valiant. I think I've struck the right balance of being colourful without being too distracting, but I'll let you be the judge. Feel free to use these in any of your mapping projects, including this one.

Includes

• Pride, Progress Pride 2018 & 2021.
  • Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender.
  • Aromantic, Asexual & Pansexual.
  • Genderfluid, Genderqueer & Nonbinary
  • Intersex.

Available in classic or widescreen sizes.

I'm happy to fulfil any requests for other pride flags!

Download

I'm loving this. Not exactly how I envisaged the status bar, but isn't distracting and fits well with the theme.

Out of curiosity, are you able to make widescreen options?

EDIT: Just noticed that you stated that there were widescreen options. 😅

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, DistroyA said:

I'm loving this. Not exactly how I envisaged the status bar, but isn't distracting and fits well with the theme.

Out of curiosity, are you able to make widescreen options?

All the Pridebars are available in classic (320x32px) and widescreen (486x32px) sizes.

There's a separate folder for the widescreen options in the linked Google Drive.

2 minutes ago, mk-1ne said:

All the Pridebars are available in classic (320x32px) and widescreen (486x32px) sizes.

There's a separate folder for the widescreen options in the linked Google Drive.

Thank you. I did notice not long after replying that you stated there were widescreen options made. I've informed everyone on the discord about it (might be a good idea to join if you're wanting in on this project) ❤

7 minutes ago, DistroyA said:

Thank you. I did notice not long after replying that you stated there were widescreen options made. I've informed everyone on the discord about it (might be a good idea to join if you're wanting in on this project) ❤

I don't really use Discord, but like I said the team is more than welcome to include any Pridebars in Gayhem 2024. 
Thanks for the positive feedback :) 

1 minute ago, mk-1ne said:

I don't really use Discord, but like I said the team is more than welcome to include any Pridebars in Gayhem 2024. 
Thanks for the positive feedback :) 

You're very welcome. I just hope it plays well with the palette we're using in the Gaytex resource. 😅

1 hour ago, Matthias said:

Any map slots still empty? I would like to take one, please.

To my knowledge, there aren't any "slots" to take per se. I could be wrong though, but I believe there should be a spot available. :)