Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DavidN

[DONE/BETA] RAMP 2024 - Newcomer-friendly community project

Doomguy's Caribbean Crapshoot didn't work out the way I wanted in the given time, so here is a replacement for slot 49 which is pretty much done - 

//// THE LAVA IS FLOOR ////

This UAC facility - or what little is left of it - is undergoing heavy Hellification. As a side effect of the demonic reality warp, impossibly, solid ground now sears your feet while pools of lava are safe to stand on.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

hYMDxWm.pngD6PwmpA.pngYbJbC6M.png4indcCk.pngEf4ZquR.png

NO FUCKING WAY 

I FIXED MY OTHER MAP 
BOTH OF MY RAMP MAPS ARE DONE! YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Sven "ATDynaX" Reinold said:

Can we get 296 maps like last year? Also Map 119 is causing a lot of errors. Looks like redthingy has put the entire 32 in 24 library in there.

image.png.5e8f6580fd396bc3f7ea02fa9040b110.png

Yes we can

On mardi 25 juin 2024 at 6:47 PM, Sven "ATDynaX" Reinold said:

In RAMP 2023 you can see that the Hub area has these portals leading to different areas that each have their own skies. How do i do that?

Typically you use Static_Init(sector tag, 255, 1) on a line to project the line's upper texture to the tagged sector's skies. Alternatively, you can build skyboxes and use SkyPickers in the relevant sectors.

14 minutes ago, Sven "ATDynaX" Reinold said:

As i've seen the central area is a skybox and then two other areas use sky1 and sky2.

So that's the alternate sky, which needs to be set in MAPINFO, and for your sky2 sectors you give them type sector type 200.

Okay, finished mine off. It started out just being a Vanilla Doom 1 map...but then I got mildly ambitious.

RAMPSHOT.png.41b91c284686eab02c11ae10ccbebb7c.png

Come find me at #157 :)

3 hours ago, DavidN said:

We’ve hit the 300 map mark! Oh no!

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Arsinikk said:

Did something a bit different this year. (i.e. I made a pretty easy map) [aka not slotter]

Designed to be a Doom 1 style map with new monsters / weapons.

Pretty short and easy :)

MAP255 - NXT Time (Get In Line)

ramp-nxt1.gif

ramp-nxt2.gif

ramp-nxt3.gif

I LOVE the rain effects and the general ambience!

Submitted a map!

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20240701_143826.png

Screenshot_Doom_20240701_143750.png

Textures are from the Erratic Texture Pack, with a few edits by yours truly. As an aside, I'm yet to strip out the unused textures or tidy up the automap: I will freely admit that this one was exceedingly last-minute. :P Hopefully I can send an updated version over the next day or so after the deadline passes.

I'm glad to have taken part in this community project! I can't wait to see what the final version of this looks like.

9 hours ago, Gez said:

So that's the alternate sky, which needs to be set in MAPINFO, and for your sky2 sectors you give them type sector type 200.

Yes. But when i did that it used two entirely different skies. So i build a cave and used Changesky.

Getting this error when booting up the latest snapshot, not entirety sure what the issue is. 

Ramp2024.PNG

3 minutes ago, stevegohome said:

Getting this error when booting up the latest snapshot, not entirety sure what the issue is. 

Ramp2024.PNG

You must have the latest version of GZDoom.

To run build 1510 you'll need to open the pk3 in slade or another program and delete these two files 😀
image.png.1b6de9f97e023f79931ae5d0b5128a4e.png

23 hours ago, Broadsword Jim said:

You must have the latest version of GZDoom.

I think this is the most common line typed out during RAMP 2024 lol. It's one way to get everyone up to date I guess

Congratulations to everyone who submitted a map and congratulations to David for enduring putting this all together XD

2 hours ago, A Handsome Fridge said:

I think this is the most common line typed out during RAMP 2024 lol. It's one way to get everyone up to date I guess

XD

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, NeilForshaw said:

Congratulations to everyone who submitted a map and congratulations to David for enduring putting this all together XD

XD

Seconded, and I want to give @DavidN some extra props for keeping RAMP, its vibes and its metagames fresh each year. This year's setup - the train - was a pleasant surprise and seeing all the vistas outside in between stations was a real treat, especially...

Spoiler

... the MyHouse lot.

Love this project, a set timeline is what i needed to get my procrastinating ass into Doom mapping.

And yeah, props to the Doom Rabbit.

3 hours ago, Dein0z said:

Love this project, a set timeline is what i needed to get my procrastinating ass into Doom mapping.

And yeah, props to the Doom Rabbit.

Honestly same.

Props to the Doom Rabbit indeed.

Posted (edited)

For information (for anyone who cares about this, at least) - RAMP 24 isn't currently compatible with Delta Touch, since the current version only runs GZDOOM 4.11.3, and this needs a later version. Bit of a shame, but I'm sure Delta will get patched soon enough with a newer dev build.

P.S. play my map, it's awesome

Edit: there's a version of DT that got released a few days back that uses 4.12.2 so this is no longer the case. Get RAMPing!

Edited by Jamatri