Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ViolentBeetle

[Doom 2 community project] Tribute Quilt II - collectively making one big map out of entirety of Doom II [Beta 2 release (hotfix edition)]

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DJVCardMaster said:

Done.

OXHopAn.png

Download

I see. So the idea is to have me enter and for eye switches to let me leave through other doors.

I would have to add switches to the other side or something, but it'll work.

Congratulations on being the first to submit.

21 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I see. So the idea is to have me enter and for eye switches to let me leave through other doors.

I would have to add switches to the other side or something, but it'll work.

Congratulations on being the first to submit.

The idea is there for it to be a 4-way section, but of course someone would have to enter it from outside, so one of the walls will be lowered, naturally.

I would like to enter in this! I'd like Map05 if that's okay?

Posted (edited)

One of the few times D_RUNNIN as the map song makes sense...
Anyways, if there's something wrong with it, please do let me know, I'm sure there's something I missed lul.

MAP01Tribute.7z

119997594_PrBoom-Plus2.6.663_6_202416_53_56.png.fdf69532fc3331a94f96273f5fddc7c0.png

Edited by plomoknite : Updated wad... again!

3 minutes ago, plomoknite said:

One of the few times D_RUNNIN as the map song makes sense...
Anyways, if there's something wrong with it, please do let me know, I'm sure there's something I missed lul.

MAP01Tribute.7z

The segment needs connections at the middle of the edges. At least 2 of them. That's the whole idea of the project. The one on the south is an obvious choice, You can probably add one to the west (Maybe use TEKGREN corridor, you'll need to move the lift thing up) or one from the river - though it won't work as a secret in this case. Maybe it can be open from the start.

Just now, Amiga Angel said:

I wish to "remake" map 02

Sorry, it's already taken. Check the spreadsheet in the OP to see what's taken, I made a fairly good job tracking so far.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Sorry, it's already taken. Check the spreadsheet in the OP to see what's taken, I made a fairly good job tracking so far.

looked like it was free but sign me up to the lowest numbered available map

looked like it was free but sign me up to the lowest numbered available map

My bad, I somehow misread it. You are right, giving it to you.

4 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

My bad, I somehow misread it. You are right, giving it to you.

ok thanks, Can I use crispydoom to test? complevel 2 looks like its vanilla doom 2 yes?

4 minutes ago, Amiga Angel said:

ok thanks, Can I use crispydoom to test? complevel 2 looks like its vanilla doom 2 yes?

Yes, Crispy Doom will work.

38 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

The segment needs connections at the middle of the edges. At least 2 of them. That's the whole idea of the project. The one on the south is an obvious choice, You can probably add one to the west (Maybe use TEKGREN corridor, you'll need to move the lift thing up) or one from the river - though it won't work as a secret in this case. Maybe it can be open from the start.

Uploaded the updated version, the connections are indicated by FireBlu (they're probably still messed up though)

can I use switches instead of locks? working on the area in map02 with the bars that are normally lowered by a red key

29 minutes ago, plomoknite said:

Uploaded the updated version, the connections are indicated by FireBlu (they're probably still messed up though)

That's better, though connectors are the wrong width and not aligned to the center - do you use some kind of editor with no grid? They are also a little off height-wise but this can be addressed by using height offset.

I can probably take this myself and move it to acceptance, if you have hard time doing so.

can I use switches instead of locks? working on the area in map02 with the bars that are normally lowered by a red key

Yes, sure, you got your tags for this exact thing. Just don't texture them with key texture.

40 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

That's better, though connectors are the wrong width and not aligned to the center - do you use some kind of editor with no grid? They are also a little off height-wise but this can be addressed by using height offset.

I can probably take this myself and move it to acceptance, if you have hard time doing so.

Alright, I think NOW it's finally fixed... next time I should probably just build on top of the base provided instead of from scratch like I did.

Looks like fun, I'll take map19, should be interesting if shrunk

Posted (edited)

Alright, here's MAP28. Played it a bit safe with my interpretation - basically included the major setpieces of the map, while trying my best to capture Sandy's absolutely bonkers texture choice. Let me know if anything needs fixing!

UPDATED: TributeQuiltII-sto-MAP28(RC2).zip
ORIGINAL: TributeQuiltII-sto-MAP28.zip

sg8d2cz.png

Spoiler

02gOSZO.png

DFtPDuU.png

Edited by stochastic : Added RC2 - modified revenant cage

@plomoknite

Yes, this seems to be right, I accept it.

@Bendy1

You seem to have moved the segment off-center (Not that big of a deal, probably) and it doesn't seem to have any connections.

@DynamiteKaitorn

The layout looks fine, but at needs at least some encounters in there.

@stochastic

Seems like it's all good. The climb on one of the exits is a little awkward, but shouldn't be a problem. I'll adjust it on assembly if necessary, probably won't be.

The only thing is that the line that opens the secret switch is untextured, and I'm not sure what texture should it have.

I'll claim map 10 (Refueling Base)

tributequilt2_scf_map10.zip

Pretty straightforward recreation of the central area. The yellow key isn't in the hardest-to-reach place, but putting it in one of the pain elemental closets would make it weirdly asymmetrical. If you think the two radsuits are too much, feel free to remove them. Since the closet triggers are linked to the east/south/west exits, those will all have to be connected to another room to make sense.

@Amiga Angel There seems to have been some confusion. I had already claimed MAP02. However, since you have made good progress with your segment and I haven't even started yet, I'm OK with giving the MAP02 slot to you and picking a different slot for myself.

@ViolentBeetle I want to claim MAP16.

5 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

@stochastic

Seems like it's all good. The climb on one of the exits is a little awkward, but shouldn't be a problem. I'll adjust it on assembly if necessary, probably won't be.

The only thing is that the line that opens the secret switch is untextured, and I'm not sure what texture should it have.

Oops, fixed the missing texture and updated my submission file in my post. Also, spaced out the climb on the awkward exit so it's not quite as abrupt.

Posted (edited)

Sorry, no screenshots, but here's my part:

wa-map20s.zip

I hope everything is good here. Added a pair of unsigned secrets area because i didn't remembered the "secret area" rules when i was mapping, so i left them blank.

Posted (edited)

@Amiga Angel didn't you want MAP03? I think MAP03 has more blue water.

@ChippiHeppu if it's indeed Underhalls, I will swap you to MAP16 with the new date. Or do you just want to switch even if this isn't MAP02 Amiga Angel doing?