Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ViolentBeetle

[Doom 2 community project] Tribute Quilt II - collectively making one big map out of entirety of Doom II [Beta 2 release (hotfix edition)]

@Amiga Angel

Everything seems fine, but meaty walls don't work very well, please change for something more underhalls-like, like pipes.

You can keep the bars, since they are not clearly fleshy, but snaking walls are a little too much.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

@Amiga Angel

Everything seems fine, but meaty walls don't work very well, please change for something more underhalls-like, like pipes.

You can keep the bars, since they are not clearly fleshy, but snaking walls are a little too much.

updated version, got linedef count below 1000 to 999, replaced all flesh textures and fixed a bug where I had forgotten to add line actions to a door

download:

https://www.doomshack.org/uploads/tribute-quilt-2-amiga-angel-map02-updated.wad

there is a player 1 start in this version please delete it, I placed one to test the square and forgot to remove it

Posted (edited)

Time for some Micro-Nirvana, I think it's recognizable.

TQ2_MAP21.zip

Edit, forgot to add lighting, will do later.

@Amiga Angel

Everything seems to be in order now, I'll take it.

Edited by ViolentBeetle

Here's the link for Map19: Mini-del

Decided to use only 2 doors as a pass through section. Hopefully this is fine but if not a 3rd door can easily be re-added. Also the end treasure in this segment is a blue armor but this can be swapped with a key later on if desired.

also forgot to remove player start but may be useful for testing it alone.

@Amiga Angel hi, how can i access to doomshack? I receive a connection error everytime i try to download something from this file host. Thx

The secret feels a little weird to me. I did not get rid of it because I wanted to know if it was just me.

I also BARELY got over the sidedef limit but I wanted some feedback before I make any changes as there may be something that could end up getting removed anyway.

RAITHTQ2MAP29.zip

4 hours ago, FEDEX said:

@Amiga Angel hi, how can i access to doomshack? I receive a connection error everytime i try to download something from this file host. Thx

I just went to the site and used the uploader

8 hours ago, FEDEX said:

Depending on browser, there should be some variant of "Accept risk and proceed"

@DFF

Yeah, it's fine, I'll find where to place it. As long as we don't have too many of those, and so far we don't.

@Raith138

The sector is fine and while I set the limit to be on the safe side, we can afford to go a little over it.

I accepted both submissions.

image.png.d148ac9b2f0fabd40385be79a800cbf0.png

no guesses what this is: Quilt2Gnt.zip

BUG NOTICE:

Tag 35 sector (shown below) will not lower until
image.png.a10f5ec6011f321abf3694c1ee563d95.png
tag 36 door (shown below) is opened in Crispy and Chocolate doom. It works as intended in Eternity and DSDA.
image.png.be6394a968a4692f5c4f330861de0cb5.png

The action is clearly activated but buffered, as the wall does not lower unless one of the triggers for the tag 35 sector has been activated. If door 36 is already open, it happens right away.

Any insight into this is welcome.

26 minutes ago, TheHambourgeois said:

Tag 35 sector (shown below) will not lower until

Imp behind the door (Thing 89) thinks he's stuck.

Moving him 4 units back fixed the issue. I did it locally, if you want to change something you should do it too. Otherwise I see no issues and accept it.

Posted (edited)

I already have a base sketch for the map, here is what I've done so far. Please tell me if there are any directions with monster placement or other details. 

h0AegcF.png

2 minutes ago, DoomGappy said:

Please tell me if there are any directions with monster placement or other details.

Just do whatever makes sense to you and also make sure to respect the connection placement so the map can fit.

Just now, ViolentBeetle said:

Just do whatever makes sense to you and also make sure to respect the connection placement so the map can fit.

They have to be right down in the center just like in the sample map, right? I may have to redesign some parts, but that's on me for not reading the guidelines before starting...

15 minutes ago, DoomGappy said:

They have to be right down in the center just like in the sample map, right? I may have to redesign some parts, but that's on me for not reading the guidelines before starting... 

Yeah, they need to.

You don't have to have all 4, so if one doesn't fit, you can get rid of it? Even 2 exits are acceptable since we'll need corner pieces.

Just started replaying Doom II again and found out about this
Please give me MAP22

Quick question: Will the connectors stay FIREBLU in the assembled map (like, walk-through fake FIREBLU walls or such), or will they be replaced by fitting doors? 

I've never mapped for (or even played) quilt-style maps, so I'm not sure how this is normally done.

Posted (edited)

Almost done with this goddamn Pit. Hopefuly I'll upload the finished piece tommorow.

Took a few creative liberties to conserve tags but it plays mostly the same as the original.

Managed to retain all 4 connections and should work from all angles of approach.

UYbOdVu.png

Posted (edited)

Oh, and while I'm already on the “stupid newbee question” path: I'm not sure how to interpret the rule regarding tag numbers correctly. E.g., for map 24, am I only allowed to use tags 240-249? Or can I continue with 2410, 2411, ..  afterwards?

Just now, Grizzly Old B said:

Oh, and while I'm already on the “stupid newbee question” part: I'm not sure how to interpret the rule regarding tag numbers correctly. E.g., for map 24, am I only allowed to use tags 240-249? It can I continue with 2410, 2411, ..  afterwards?

I suspect not, because, for example, should tag 222 be reserved for map 2 or for map 22 according to this method?

2 hours ago, VICE said:

I suspect not, because, for example, should tag 222 be reserved for map 2 or for map 22 according to this method?

Well ... *headscratch* Ten tags it is, then.