Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

23 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

who cares pc suck any way thats why i bought ps5 sony best games tlou gow etc fuck pc

who cares ps5 suck any way thats why i bought pc microsoft best games halo forza etc fuck ps5

5 minutes ago, lokbustam257 said:

who cares ps5 suck any way thats why i bought pc microsoft best games halo forza etc fuck ps5

x box is better any way thats why i became addicted to drugs and pregnant at 16 now i only play doom on my phone fuck my life

Posted (edited)

Nintendrone here, Switch best system, daddy Shigurimiruoto says bad game forever good, I cry into my body pillow every night.

4 hours ago, neubejiita said:

Intel i9.

128 GiB of RAM.

2000 TB SSD.

Windows 10.

Screenshot_Doom_20240604_151222.png

"Hello everybody welcome back to another classic episode of Can it run doom? Today we are going to be seeing if Doom Can run Doom!"

1 hour ago, Lila Feuer said:

Nintendrone here, Switch best system, daddy Shigurimiruoto says bad game forever good, I cry into my body pillow every night.

Fuck all of that, my Commodore 64 destroys all those payment consoles and chicken shit PCs

I can't look at this your wallpaper is too scary.

Today we're gonna see if Doom can run on al Intel i9 with 128 GiB of RAM and a 2000 TB SSD inside Windows 10

What we found out is absolutely gonna blow your mind

But first let me tell you about NordVPN

3 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

All that and no GPU.

Classified proprietary tech courtesy of the good ol' UAC: Hellvidia.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, neubejiita said:

Intel i9.

128 GiB of RAM.

2000 TB SSD.

Windows 10.

If we can please try getting this back on topic.  Does everyone think this is good for modern times with games like DooM 3, DooM 2016 and DooM Eternal for a PC to be able to record lag free in at least 1080 / 1440P?  To help @neubejiita and myself?  

I ASK THIS because any followers of my channel know that I'm also in route to a new PC I'm giving myself 1-3 months to have the money for it.  Because I recently realized no matter what settings I give it my Old PS4 can only Capture Clips at 720P and trying to watch many of them with fast motion especially the DooM 2016 is not good.  I use my Work Computer on Break to do the WAD Footage for the Final DooM Footage since this is an updated work computer everything runs smoothly but I can't do any kind of audio sitting in a cubicle at work.  So I have to get a PC to run everything that I Ultimately want to do Guided Walkthroughs of on my channel (Ultimate DooM / DooM II / Final DooM / DooM 3 / DooM 64 / DooM 2016 / DooM Eternal / Skyrim / Fallout 3&4 / Any modern DooM Wads).

If these specs are good this is what I'll target too.  Since I have no clue what all is needed these days for good clear footage.  My current computer I think only has like 20 Gigs of RAM and 2TB Harddrive also Windows 10; and it is literally slower than molassis it won't even open Classic DooM at all.  The computer sounds like a jet engine taking off when it loads and takes nearly 7 minutes to fully load.  If you double click anything it's another 30-90 seconds to open it.  Thanks Team!

Edited by LegendaryEevee

56 minutes ago, Lila Feuer said:

Classified proprietary tech courtesy of the good ol' UAC: Hellvidia.

I thought it was AMDemon with their CacoRadeon.

26 minutes ago, LegendaryEevee said:

If we can please try getting this back on topic.  Does everyone think this is good for modern times with games like DooM 3, DooM 2016 and DooM Eternal for a PC to be able to record lag free in at least 1080 / 1440P?  To help @neubejiita and myself?  

I ASK THIS because any followers of my channel know that I'm also in route to a new PC I'm giving myself 1-3 months to have the money for it.  Because I recently realized no matter what settings I give it my Old PS4 can only Capture Clips at 720P and trying to watch many of them with fast motion especially the DooM 2016 is not good.  I use my Work Computer on Break to do the WAD Footage for the Final DooM Footage since this is an updated work computer everything runs smoothly but I can't do any kind of audio sitting in a cubicle at work.  So I have to get a PC to run everything that I Ultimately want to do Guided Walkthroughs of on my channel (Ultimate DooM / DooM II / Final DooM / DooM 3 / DooM 64 / DooM 2016 / DooM Eternal / Skyrim / Fallout 3&4 / Any modern DooM Wads).

If these specs are good this is what I'll target too.  Since I have no clue what all is needed these days for good clear footage.  My current computer I think only has like 20 Gigs of RAM and 2TB Harddrive also Windows 10; and it is literally slower than molassis it won't even open Classic DooM at all.  The computer sounds like a jet engine taking off when it loads and takes nearly 7 minutes to fully load.  If you double click anything it's another 30-90 seconds to open it.  Thanks Team!

• Question 1: Depends on GPU since that ain't listed. A modern rig will do 1440p on all aforementioned titles.
  • Situation 2: If your 20 GB RAM PC and 2 TB HDD (No SSD?) takes 7 mins to take off and can't open Classic Doom, it needs a clean up, not a replacement PC.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:
  • If your 20 GB RAM PC and 2 TB HDD (No SSD?) takes 7 mins to take off and can't open Classic Doom, it needs a clean up, not a replacement PC.

Any recommendations of how to do this or tutorials that walk you through the steps? 

The Computer is an HP.

Graphics card is NVIDIA.

I have everything disabled on Startup since they were slowing it down even further.

Honestly I want to throw the thing out the window because anything you tell it to do it takes an eternity to even respond to.  My wife connected her USB Charging Cable for her phone to the PC to move like 10-30 pictures over and it took almost 30 minutes to copy them over.  The computer was bought around 2016-ish.  We have an Epson printer (cheapie not big one) we were using just to scan things and it got to where it would time out when trying to transfer the scans to the pc.  It was upgraded to Windows 10 64 bit by Disc.  And taken to the computer shop to have the 2TB hard drive put in originally it was somewhere along the 250-500 Gig range before we had the Space upgraded about 4 years ago because too many pictures / videos.

Edited by LegendaryEevee

My CPU is a neural-net processor; a learning computer. 

2 hours ago, LegendaryEevee said:

Any recommendations of how to do this or tutorials that walk you through the steps? 

The Computer is an HP.

Graphics card is NVIDIA.

I have everything disabled on Startup since they were slowing it down even further.

Honestly I want to throw the thing out the window because anything you tell it to do it takes an eternity to even respond to.  My wife connected her USB Charging Cable for her phone to the PC to move like 10-30 pictures over and it took almost 30 minutes to copy them over.  The computer was bought around 2016-ish.  We have an Epson printer (cheapie not big one) we were using just to scan things and it got to where it would time out when trying to transfer the scans to the pc.  It was upgraded to Windows 10 64 bit by Disc.  And taken to the computer shop to have the 2TB hard drive put in originally it was somewhere along the 250-500 Gig range before we had the Space upgraded about 4 years ago because too many pictures / videos.

It is not a good idea to store "too many pictures / videos" on the internal HDD.  Get a bunch of external drives and  make backups.
You also could replace the internal HDD with an SDD, blow the dust out of the fans and make a fresh install. Try Linux, it's faster on older machines.
No offense intended, but are you sure, that you've got the techie skills to run a PC-game oriented channel?

2 hours ago, LegendaryEevee said:

The Computer is an HP.

Graphics card is NVIDIA.

I'm assuming your Nvidia GPU is just integrated? The OP was trolling lol (2000TB hdd, 128GB RAM). Also need to know what CPU you have. The brand itself (HP) doesn't matter. Here's a good budget setup that will let you play Doom Eternal (my old rig, so I know from experience!):

i7-3770k (or non-k if you don't want to OC)

16GB RAM (or just go for 32)

GTX 1060

Any good SSD

The CPU/GPU can be bought used from eBay for really cheap. Should run DOOM/Eternal pretty good at 1080p. Not sure about how well it would perform recording, though. Not remotely feasible for 4k.

2 minutes ago, DoomGater said:

No offense intended, but are you sure, that you've got the techie skills to run a PC-game oriented channel?

No offense taken but my lack of CPU tech skills in no way affects my knowledge of DooM nor the ability to teach, simulate and guide through each level and game. 

My first encounter with it may have been the DooM II LAN parties where we would connect the computers and do Deathmatch in all different levels against one another.  At the time my family didn't even have a computer I had the Playstation (Original / One) and would play the PC DooM II anytime I went to his house.  Then it finally happened the most glorious thing ever DooM and Final DooM for Playstation. 

image.png.3a70674f7f25a0ef2eb68b2379f11e6a.png

This was what did it for me growing me up with it until our family finally got a computer for Mom's work.  I installed the games on it and learned how WAD files worked with ZDoom at the time and the rest was history. 

I am not a computer person.  But a DooM person and being able to teach and simplify it for people.  Absolutely.  That's why I'm here to learn from people who know computers way better than I do so I can learn and do it the right way so I can continue to contribute my skills and part to expanding our community.  So any information you have is a mountain of help my friend.

5 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

i7-3770k (or non-k if you don't want to OC)

16GB RAM (or just go for 32)

GTX 1060

Any good SSD

Thank you Mushroom Man.  When I get home from work (get off at 5:30) I'll start the bucket of bolts up and give all of the specifics!  Yes I figurerd 4K may be way outside of Recording capability I just noticed youtube had an option for it I had only known 1080P as the highest apparently it keeps going now lol.

10 hours ago, neubejiita said:

Intel i9.

128 GiB of RAM.

2000 TB SSD.

Windows 10.

Screenshot_Doom_20240604_151222.png

Why isn't it running Linux instead?  (joking)

49 minutes ago, Master O said:

Why isn't it running Linux instead?  (joking)

Penguin says: "This joke is not funny!"
(and imho he's right)

7 hours ago, LegendaryEevee said:

If things take an eternity to respond to, its likely never even defragged. Try defrag which is standard on any Windows machine, and something like CCleaner.

And get an external HDD/SSD.

@LegendaryEevee also to add to what has already been suggested.  One thing I've seen people with prebuilt machines almost invariably neglect is to uninstall the trial antivirus software (usually McAfee) after the provided subscription expires.  This deactivated software just hanging out in the background can still eat a ton of resources, especially on a mechanical hard drive.  If it is McAfee you will almost certainly need to run the "McAfee Consumer Product Removal" tool to actually clean it up.

Posted (edited)

@Redneckerz @Blzut3 @DoomGater @TheMagicMushroomMan Okay everyone here are updates after my hours long fight to get my home computer to a workable state (it's actually moving much quicker now):

Background History:  This PC was built as a Windows 7 computer back in 2014 (was new then).  When Windows 10 came out it was updated via CD to Windows 10 64 bit.

Specs:  (See Screenshots below)

image.png.c20d7480b274a97ea2b81e1ddc22a49c.png

image.png.79412390da1a14f9b4765416955f08e5.png

image.png.3dd0517c37f2efae38d4e863dccd9115.png

image.png.999ade40bf9d12bd747849889b546a84.png

1.  All updates have been performed.

2. Disc Clean up was run.

3. Avast was put on and cleared off 2 viruses.  CPU is currently Virus & Malware Free.

4. DooM was run however GZ DooM failed because apparently there's no OpenGL or Vulcan available for this PC (verified all drivers are updated)

5. I got DooM WADs even more recent ones like Eviternity to run on DSDA DooM but the resolution is stuck on Software and somehow the Mouse is not working even though it says it's enabled and works when normally using the computer????  This has me scratching my head why the mouse won't do anything I'll see if it'll let me screenshot it.  

image.png.30df7344abdba98a58cf013945e82785.png

image.png.33167399610e5486e88b35e9559a8b2f.png

image.png.66b42d148465c315527e0d8235178bd2.png

No Mouse works in any capacity.  It doesn't move, cycle weapons, or fire.  Only the keyboard makes anything happen?

Please let me know if you think this is something that can be resolved by updating the graphics card.  Or if there's another way to get the Open GL/Vulcan to work.  If doing that will allow for Screen Recording since seen above it is not allowed due to restraints mentioned.  And finally even if I have to run in DSDA DooM why is the mouse not working?  Is there a setting off because the cpu says there are no drivers needing updated even if done under Device Manager individually.  Thank you all for your help.  This will let me know if it's worth trashing this and going with something new or if there's a way to upgrade parts of this to make it run for all of the classic games.

Your CPU is ancient, it's an 18 year old model and it wasn't even top of the line when it was new. If there's one thing you upgrade, it should be that.