Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myolden

Simulacrum | 32 MBF21 maps by muumi and myolden | now on idgames!

Posted (edited)

Screenshots look great, may have to play this.

Edited by Raith138

A year and a half in the making. Hope y'all enjoy this! Hell yeah! LET'S GO!!! HYPE!!!

Proud of playtesting this from start to finish, an absolutely wonderful collab. Hope everyone has the best time with Simulacrum! :D

7 minutes ago, Peccatum Mihzamiz said:

The unholy crossover between Sunlust and Piña Colada is finally here! None shall escape the gravity of Simulacrum!

We call that a Tequlla Sunrise round these parts

Thanks as always for having me on! Have fun y'all, this one's a doozy.

Posted (edited)

I almost forgot to give you a react because I was trying to put my eyeballs back in my head.

Ain't no fucking way. Another quality mapset? Already? Damn. Club Penguin never rests.

You have excellent taste in metal btw, it feels nice to recognise so many not-so-well-known bands.

Anyway

LETS FUCKING GO

Ooooh very interesting... Those screenshots grabbed my attention. Will have to give it a go as soon as soon as possible.

sheeeeeit looks great! Sad there's no reference to Baudrillard or the desert of the real in the map names.

3 minutes ago, LVENdead said:

Fun fact - myolden toyed with the names "Conjure Celestial" and "Finger of Death" for this WAD as well but ran into copyright issues when WOTC showed up to his house and threatened to pin him to the wall with an immovable rod if he didn't change the name. He stuck it to them by choosing "Simulacrum" which is too generic to copyright, ultimately having the last laugh and apparently creating what looks to be an absolute banger of a WAD that I, as it so happens, can't fucking wait to play.

Everything in this post is 100% true.

10 minutes ago, LVENdead said:

Fun fact - myolden toyed with the names "Conjure Celestial" and "Finger of Death" for this WAD as well but ran into copyright issues when WOTC showed up to his house and threatened to pin him to the wall with an immovable rod if he didn't change the name. He stuck it to them by choosing "Simulacrum" which is too generic to copyright, ultimately having the last laugh and apparently creating what looks to be an absolute banger of a WAD that I, as it so happens, can't fucking wait to play.

You left out the part where myolden and muumi got attacked by manatees. Suffice it to say that they almost didn't make it, so it's a miracle this project got finished.

Not to take up more space on this thread, but I have to take the time to get a little sappy with my feelings towards this mapset here:

Although I have yet to finish it, I feel like this is a doom collaboration that was just meant to be. Myolden and Muumi's mapping styles compliment eachother so well that a full megawad from both is to my perspective a championship-belt worthy arena match of face punchingly beautiful maps. Myolden's very poignant and carefully unfolding maps contrast so well with Muumi's adventurous and freeform levels that this wad should prove to be a very remarkable experience (and as I've played several of these levels, I'm not wrong).

megawad with myolden's name on it is really well made: volume 864895 or so

1 hour ago, LVENdead said:

It's not that it's too generic to copyright, it's that there is no original at all.

😎

Congrats on the release. You know this wad is good because it has resistance is futile 2.

The pink ranges pop out so well (especially on the caco & pinkies), that I thought I had night light turned off (I have the orange tint thing turned on in my computer settings at all times).

The first eleven maps have been some of the best Doom I've played this year, possibly longer. Your formula on Doom core and quality (executed as fast as you do on top of that!) is a stalwart impenetrable defense, and Muumi's ideas have rocked what I believed to be tired tropes in the forms of big canyon maps (like holy shit Mirebough). So far, so fantastic.