Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roebloz

Doom SNES's COMPLETE Source Code has been found and released!!!

A few years back, Doom SNES's source code was being released by the lead programmer, @RandalLinden, however not all of it was able to be released due to some legal issues with some of the assets, making the source code uncompilable. (At least without major efforts, I don't know if anyone did successfully)

However, recently a complete backup archive of the source code (INCLUDING graphics data, level data, XBAND netcode and everything that Randy wasn't able to release himself) was tracked down by JJ Dasher, who obtained it from Jeff Hughes (who had kept it ever since working for Sculptured Software) and finally managed to dump it all and release it on archive.org.

https://archive.org/details/jeffs-doom-snes-disk-images

It seems a few days older than the stuff Randy released, so unfortunately there won't be the edited levels that had been rejected, but rejoice! DOOM SNES's source code is finally out of legal limbo! I can't wait to see what people do with it, and what discoveries are made in the code...(So, post them here)

The uploader has made a thread on that earlier here.

1 minute ago, taufan99 said:

The uploader has made a thread on that earlier here.

Oh, damn. I just learned about it from Randy's twitter himself, and I didn't see redruM69's post since he posted it in Doom General rather than here.