Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mr Masker

Games You Have The Most Hours In?

Posted (edited)

I can hardly come up with any other thread ideas besides stuff about Video Games, so here's another thread with stuff about Video Games... :)

I have a fair amount of hours in some games, some definitely draw me in more than others. For reference, here's my most played on Steam:

Spoiler

image.png.c3432dfcefa51a2c5882abaf62ce81cc.png

(Games below that include stuff like Hitman 2 and 3, Terraria. These are just the top ones)

Sometimes these times can feel a bit embarrassing for me (I genuinely don't know how GMod got that high, I'm not even that big on it...), but really I guess these are just games I especially like! Plus, I've seen people with over 1k hours on stuff, which makes me feel a bit better.

So, what are your most played games? I'd say, "besides Doom" but I don't even know how you'd display 'hours played' on Doom ports. Mine is Hearts of Iron 4, which I  still wouldn't claim I'm good at (Ask me again at 2000 hours), but that's just the nature of those kinds of Grand Strategy games.

I don't have any way to quantify the amount of hours I've put into replaying my comfort game, the original Sonic the Hedgehog on SEGA Megadrive, but it's probably at least 1000 by now.

Posted (edited)

Here's my most played on steam, But my actual most played game has got to be minecraft. My steam account used to be shared between me and some of my family members

Spoiler

image.png.a6f249c4177c1bd60d092cb003bbb2e4.png

Edited by Monocled

image.png.bc87f737d53d98768bfa5c5da0fb5029.png

help how do i close garrett's modification

(i use it to test/chill in my source maps, pose models for art references, and make silly shitpost renders)

Posted (edited)

Diablo 2 Lord Of Destruction, played that online when it came out and I played it for many many years.  LOTS of hours.

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (Arcade Version)

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo (Arcade Version)

These 3 games... is mostly my life.  It couldve been DOOM if i didn't have to take tablets everytime to stop motion sickness and play it.

Posted (edited)
Spoiler

Ai3fKb5.png

On steam these are my top two.

War, always war.

In reality, it is Fallout 4 and Warframe (both have 2000+ hours) but I cannot recover the stats as Xbox servers are eating mad shit right now

Edited by mrthejoshmon

Posted (edited)

image.png.9ca53791d79fb60b91aa489bf3c4296b.png

One of these is not like the other.

This is just on Steam - most played of all would easily be Doom, Clone Hero, and Minecraft

ff7? i love messing with the modding tools
have definitely made opening reactor missions which took three hours to beat

i play a few games over and over but they're not multiplayer stuff and not diablo type stuff

i like solo rpgs without too much voice acting that i can try challenges in or mod to death
and various xcoms

also mmm angband? and a handful of indie roguelikes or similar bump combat in a puzzle realm/tower of the sorceror type things which are atmospheric in the right way, sometimes they have like almost no content but i just vibe iwith them and overgrind

Diablo II

Final Fantasy X

Otherwise, if going by Steam, that would be Witcher III and Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition.

Doom is certainly a prime candidate. Good amount of time in various Roguelikes, ToME has probably taken over Nethack in that regard.

Star Citizen, for all it's ups and downs and endless minor and major dramas, keeps luring me in at least once or twice per major patch. Sometimes Call me an extra optimist but as a space sim fan it's really not something I can ignore.

Steamwise, Got a collective 1000 hours or so on Total War: Warhammer, couple hundred hours with buddies in Arma 3. 

Path of Exile - 4,000 hours and counting 

World of Warcraft. Las time I played was in 2019 iirc, and using the Altoholic addon, I checked the hours and said around 1,200 hours in total. Haven't played since.

Second is actually Doom 2, which I started keeping track of with Steam some years ago. Currently sitting at 740.1 hours.

Third place is the original Skyrim, clocking at 520.4 hours.

However, I believe games such as Diablo 3 and Starcraft II have more hours, but they don't have a ''time played'' feature so I can only guess.

On steam the top game would be Geometry Dash with 932 hours. (I think I put in another 400 hours on my brothers account)

Doom is definitely gonna be a game I've put a lot of time in. I wouldn't be surprised if its close to the 1000 mark. Some of the older Call of Duties like Black ops 1, 2 and Modern Warfare probably have a good chunk of time.

Lastly Tokyo Xtreme Racer 0 ... I probably have a RIDICULOUS amount of time spent in that game. I've been playing it consistently since I was about 5 and I'm 18 now. Ball park around 4-5k.

I am not proud to admit some of these numbers.

According to Steam:

Terraria: 2,493.6 Hours - I used to play the LIFE out of this game! Always fun just digging and fighting my way to the Moon lord! Started playing during 1.2 though I pretty much never play this now.

TF2: 2486.6 Hours - Ahh trade servers. Good times. Goooood times... ^w^ Again another game I don't play anymore (Lack of updates don't help).

Starbound: 1453.4 Hours - SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!

Honourable Mentions (I HAVE played more hours than what is shown below but a good chunk of my playime is now with GOG versions):

Fallout New Vegas: 437.2 Hours - Fun fact! My favourite weapon from New Vegas is the Protonic Inversal Axe from Old World Blues! Seriously, that thing CHOPS through pretty much any enemy! ^w^

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Special Edition): 407.2 Hours - The best Elder Scrolls game hands down. Arena is pretty much unplayable; Dagggerfall suffers from being WAY too large and lacking much detail in-between (plus, forced playthrough of the main quest or it'd permanently locked out? THE HECK!?); Morrowind is an overrated jank-fest that just doesn't age well at all and Oblivion is surprisingly fun to play as a mage.

Fallout 4: 161.9 Hours (combined with GOG I'm probably only around 200-250 hours?! O_o) - I know everyone loves New Vegas but god damn it's hard for me to pick it over Fallout 4! Granted New Vegas IS my favourite Fallout game but DANG if 4 isn't super fun to play! :D

Posted (edited)

My games are pretty funny and I have to rough guess the numbers 

1. Freeciv-- No contest winner at most like over 1000 but below 3000.
  2. Master of Orion 2-- Probably below 1000 but pretty likely that is over 600
  3. Diablo 2-- Probably around 500
  4. Final Fantasy 6- Between 300 and 500 hours
  5. Lufia 2-- Probably around 400
  6. Skyrim--- Unknown but very likely around 600 to 700
  7. Fallout 4--- Sheesh... Rough guess might be below 800 but possible higher. I have ran over 30 RolePlay Challenge games on this one

Bonus Mention-- Battle for Wesnoth--- Hours unknown but have beat almost all of the Stock campaigns on Normal difficulty. The rough guess is that it could be as high as 2000 hours just due to the difficulty of some of those campaigns

Honorary Mention: Final Fantasy 7-- probably beat it around 15 times and stopped playing after beating down Ruby Weapon was killed by using CounterAttack Materia and Limit Breaks(Meteorain) while using no KOTR or Hades. In case you are wondering, that is consistently a 45 minute battle.

Edited by kalensar

My three most played games according to Steam are:

1. Team Fortress 2 at 2337.4 hours.

Still my all-time favorite game.

2. Counter Strike: Source at 407 hours.

Played CSS a lot when I was a kid. Funnily enough it has remained as my 2nd most played game on Steam all this time despite not touching it since early 2015 lol.

3. Terraria at 404.4 hours.

These are only the hours on Steam. I also own Terraria on the Playstation 3 & mobile so total hours on Terraria from all versions would be somewhere around 800-900 hours.

There might be games outside of Steam that I have more hours in (such as Doom or Skyrim).

Posted (edited)

Added up over the last 3 decades, I’d probably estimate it roughly as (with 1 and 2 leading the rest by an enormous margin):

1. Doom and associated content
  2. Commander Keen and mods/fangames
  3. Speedy Eggbert (and custom levels)

4. Sonic Adventure 1/2
  5. Toy Commander
  6. Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
  7. Star Wars Episode I: Podracer
  8. SimPark
  9. Crazy Taxi 1 and 2
  10. SimAnt

After that it gets hazy and much more scattered between lots of games I haven’t engaged with as deeply. I may be overestimating a couple of these but don’t doubt how much time I’ve spent playing fucking SimAnt

EDIT: that other thread reminds me Rogue, NetHack and DoomRL are probably pretty high up on this list

Edited by Stupid Bunny

Aside from Doom/Doom 2 spread across all the community content I've played over the years, the game on Steam I have the most hours in currently is Dead by Daylight, standing at around 2.2k hours as of this post. I don't tend to stick with games for long periods of time, yet DBD has somehow managed to keep me hooked on the game for over 2 years now.

Posted (edited)

I suppose it makes sense that Doomworld has such good taste in video games, huh?

Anyway, I've probably put the most hours into Skyrim or Minecraft. I've also sunk a bunch of time into Fallout: New Vegas, Diablo III, Dark Souls 1-3... currently sinking a lot of time into Elden Ring. Also, I wouldn't want to know how much time I've put into Stellaris or Factorio.

Edited by Trigsy

My #1 and #2 is easily the same as @Stupid Bunny's. I also played a bit of Speedy Eggbert/Blupi at one point, but my #3 would probably go to another Epsitec/eGames release known as BuzzingCars (aka Wild Wheels). Those are the only ones I can think of that I come back to on a regular basis, most other games I tend to play them for a bit and then move on.

Posted (edited)

my most played game of all time is minecraft lol

second would probably be terraria and third either doom 2 or team fortress 2 not sure

My top ten most played games on Steam are:
1. Call of Duty - 845.9 hours
2. Counter-Strike 2 - 824.8 hours

3. Hearts of Iron IV - 422.2 hours

4. Grand Theft Auto IV - 412.9 hours

5. Terraria - 403.0 hours

6. DOOM II - 367.1 hours

7. Tomb Raider II - 336.0 hours

8. Grand Theft Auto V - 290.7 hours

9. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - 267 hours

10. Tomb Raider I - 261.6 hours

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 129thVisplane said:

image.png.bc87f737d53d98768bfa5c5da0fb5029.png

only 1000 hours on gmod? ametuer... i have 19000+!
thats right! you heard me! 19'000+!

reason for edit: miscaculated hour count

Posted (edited)

I've been playing The Binding of Isaac since i was 11, when afterbirth was launched. If i count all the hours i've spent on every DLC, it could be easily 2000+ hours of play time.

It's a shame that i've only experienced this game pirated, because it's genuinely cool.

If i had to talk about a game i actually own in steam, then it's TF2, with nearly 1000 hours of play time.

Posted (edited)

This list only includes games from my Steam profile.

Deep Rock Galactic 4.2k

Civiliation VI 1.5k
Dead by Daylight 1.1k
Fallout 4 397
DOOM (2016) 364
Skyrim 226

Cities Skylines 168

Edited by DeetOpianSky : Corrected text.