Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Artman2004

What's your thoughts about Mascot Horror?

Mascot horror is a game genre most known for its, well, mascots. More specifically, icons of childhood nostalgia (animatronic, puppets, cartoons, etc.) that have been turned evil by various means. They usually take place in some dilapidated place associated with said icon (pizzeria, cartoon studio, toy factory, etc.) which also contains some uber-dark secret. Oh yeah, and they're ungodly popular with kids. The most popular examples are Five Nights At Freddy's, Poppy Playtime, and Garten of Banban.

I'm curious to hear what you think.

Conceptually its awesome, Like other kinds of nostalgia horror. But most of it is hilariously bad.

Same as any horror, depends on the execution. It's not something that scares me though, so I'm more drawn to darkly comedic takes of it than stuff trying to be outright scary.

FNAF is the only somewhat good one everything else is putrid

Tbh I don't really know why mascot horror is classified as a genre. A genre is a label that roughly describes a work's story structure, tone, and (in the case of video games) gameplay. The label of "mascot horror" tells you absolutely nothing about any of those things. All it really does is describe the set design, and what kind of monsters you'll be encountering

I don't care how much tropey baggage comes attached, that's a setting, not a genre

Been a FNAF fan ever since it came out...10 years ago?! Where has the time gone?

image.png.ff0e97c09240dd62396ff49debc3ebc2.png
Also Roxanne best robot

Seems to have gone downhill since the first FNAF. My Friendly Neighborhood looks interesting, but most mascot horror doesn’t look all that appealing.

mascot horror fell off when security breach came out. now its just "family friendly horror" made to appeal to younger audiences