Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Terrcraft

Doom: The Dark Ages has been announced (DOOM 6)

Huh. Given his work on The Ancient Gods, I'd have thought that Hulshult would have been the natural choice. I wonder who could it be?

6 minutes ago, NoXion said:

Huh. Given his work on The Ancient Gods, I'd have thought that Hulshult would have been the natural choice. I wonder who could it be?

In all seriousness, my money would be on Geoffrey Day/Geoffplaysguitar.

Not only has he been known for his Argent Metal covers of various songs, he’s also done work on Atomic Heart (a title which also features Mick Gordon, and uh, he would’ve posted it by now on the tiniest chance Hell somehow froze over and an agreement was reached with id).

(also, David Levy has confirmed he won’t be returning for The Dark Ages either)

Posted (edited)

I have news for you guys not only David levy is not involved to the dark ages soundtrack how we know by this post. 

https://x.com/DavidLevyMusic/status/1799863899447005352

But also Andrew hulshult  not working on game soundtrack. 

https://x.com/AndrewHulshult/status/1803898679322882419

Edited:I just noticed that in page 14, man of Doom posted about this, sorry my mistake. 

Edited by Wad overdose

Trailer music sounds very dull and uninspired, like AI generated, totally sounds like Hulshult's style. I am suprised they resigned from working with Andrew and Levy also Mick is out of the question.

16 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

In all seriousness, my money would be on Geoffrey Day/Geoffplaysguitar.

I don't know, he isn't that experienced besides, his music is also dull and uninspired his covers sounds like an original song with a shitty metal filter.

Posted (edited)

All these years I always hoped they would eventually reconnect with Trent Reznor, but I feel like their creative visions have gradually grown apart to the point that I'm not sure they'd even be a good fit anymore.

One thing I noticed in the trailer that Doom Slayers shield looks much like the Tojo Blades from the Van Helsing movie. I wonder if the shield is inspired from that.

Posted (edited)
On 6/20/2024 at 2:57 PM, Lila Feuer said:

Mark Gorgon.

I misread mark klem instead of mark gorgon.
Imagine if he come back as composer again.

17 minutes ago, Ozcar said:

I misread mark klem instead of mark gorgon.
Imagine if he come back as composer again.

Bruh I'd preorder the game if he was composing for it.

On 6/24/2024 at 10:27 PM, MrHofmann said:

CREATE A FUCKING SUB FFS. Please

Beautiful post.

Posted (edited)
On 6/16/2024 at 9:55 AM, Edward850 said:

Hexen is Activision/Raven. This is like asking Id to make a new CoD.

I know Hexen was by Activision/Raven, but I didn't mean Id with my initial post, Microsoft owns them both and by they I meant Microsoft.

Edited by Avoozl

I'm excited about this game. Beyond happy that they're redoing the combat from the ground up with inspirations from the classics. Eternal was fun but also really not what I would have preferred. This seems like it's going more into a serious sam direction, which is more than welcome, because ss4 is infinitely more fun for me than eternal. If we're not getting mazey indoor levels of old, serious sam-like is the only direction for oldschool shooters that I love. It really is just old doom, but in bigger areas and with more monsters. Really hoping the mech and dragon and such parts are nothing more than passing gimmicks - they don't mesh with the FPS gameplay, and there is no reason to have them beyond a few wow moments.

I'm also not just fine, but excited about the medieval theme. It just so happened that back when I was a kid playing doom on the snes, doom's hell merged in my mind with things like Inferno from Heroes 3, Hexen/heretic, some mortal kombat environments, etc. So a medieval fantasy-ish hell (as long as it's still brutal) fits very snugly into my old, nostalgic impressions of the original doom. My only problem with the sentinel stuff in nuDoom lore was that the levels were samey and boring-looking, and that there was a lot of info missing, neither of which seems to be the case anymore. I'm fine not having the traditional UAC sci-fi start - we've seen enough of them for a while now, and to me that part was not any more integral to Doom than rolling grass hills for a first world of a mario game. It's tradition, but one that at some point benefits from some subversion.

Sure, everyone has their own idea of what Doom should be like, but keeping that diversity of ideas of Doom that people have, it's really statistically impossible for a new game to satisfy one's every preference. I'm content exploring someone else's vision of Doom, even if it's so far from mine.

I liked the name year zero much better :(

23 hours ago, Consistent-Money-990 said:

GOTY 2025??

I bet you preordered Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox One.

I think that it will be an instant buy for me from what I saw. I'm nearly sure that i will play hours and hours in solo like Doom Eternal.

It's now been 2 months since the reveal, and I'm noticing a striking lack of excitement for the game, especially on Doomworld.

With Doom Eternal you can go back to the first page of the other subforum and find 20 threads that were made just days after the reveal. This one hasn't even filled a single page after 2 months.

You can also compare the viewcounts on the initial Doom Eternal trailer with the Dark Ages trailer using Waybackmachine: 6 Million Views for Dark Ages, vs. 12 Million Views for Eternal after the first 2 months.

I have a feeling this will flop pretty hard on release.

51 minutes ago, Doom64hunter said:

It's now been 2 months since the reveal, and I'm noticing a striking lack of excitement for the game, especially on Doomworld.

With Doom Eternal you can go back to the first page of the other subforum and find 20 threads that were made just days after the reveal. This one hasn't even filled a single page after 2 months.

You can also compare the viewcounts on the initial Doom Eternal trailer with the Dark Ages trailer using Waybackmachine: 6 Million Views for Dark Ages, vs. 12 Million Views for Eternal after the first 2 months.

I have a feeling this will flop pretty hard on release.

Bizarre to speculate such a thing based on trailer views, as well as enthusiasm on a website that is by and large focused on classic Doom. I would probably wait to start catastrophizing. 2 months after reveal is way too early to start speculating on the game's financial and critical success.

1 hour ago, Egg Boy said:

Bizarre to speculate such a thing based on trailer views, as well as enthusiasm on a website that is by and large focused on classic Doom. I would probably wait to start catastrophizing. 2 months after reveal is way too early to start speculating on the game's financial and critical success.

2 months after reveal is plenty enough time to gauge excitement, and here I see practically none compared to the reception about the previous entry (on this very site). The same trend appears to be reflected with overall trailer views. But maybe Quakecon will shake things up if they show off something really cool and noteworthy.

Also, why catastrophizing? Whether this game is a success or a flop has no personal bearing on my life. Hardly a catastrophe, is it?

Well it is hard to maintain hype with little to go on.  We had the promise of seeing more gameplay at QuakeCon right after the first initial view of Eternal.  THAT kept people engaged. 

The next quakecon is coming up in a week.  If we get enough new information, the hype will return.  I expect 15+ minutes of gameplay, but the fact iD has not confirmed that makes me a tad skeptical.  You would think they would want to promote their game as much as possible to get views and clicks?

7 hours ago, Doom64hunter said:

Strange reasoning. You only count views on one trailer, when you need to look at everything, as well as in other media. On Twitter, the trailer has 16 million views. In addition, in total, other videos on YouTube will have at least 10+ million views.

On 7/13/2024 at 2:46 AM, NoName667 said:

I liked the name year zero much better :(

Maybe they could use it for something else.

Like if they do an expansion during when Earth was invaded and you play as a different character. (maybe Crash as if she also went through a dimension hopping journey)