Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cutman

[Community Project] Second Mix! Combine your favorite classic maps! (Slots claimed!)

@Cutman

Here are screenshots of the beginning of the level (I'm testing on crispy doom, but I do not know how to take screenshots, so I made them on dsda). What is the deadline for the project? I can't find the date

IMG_20240802_115410_811.jpg

IMG_20240802_115410_454.jpg

IMG_20240802_115410_647.jpg

IMG_20240802_115410_632.jpg

I haven't set a deadline yet but I shall if progress comes to a standstill, or if we're close to having a full set. Screenshots and maps are still coming in at a good pace!

After drawing layouts and deleting them over and over again 1000 times, I think I'm finally making good progress! for real this time. Mappers block and irl fatigue is a deadly combination...

Jpo1PHC.png
TACn5qH.png
byqJfv0.png
sNHqWun.png

I probably won't be done before monday like I thought, but definitely before whatever deadline gets decided.

@Cutman

I'm thinking about dropping out of the project, but it was definitely fun working on it! I'll post the unfinished map here for prosperity's sake.

Tainted Waters.zip

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Quin said:

@Cutman

I'm thinking about dropping out of the project, but it was definitely fun working on it! I'll post the unfinished map here for prosperity's sake.

Tainted Waters.zip

Sad to hear, but very well!

I'm also culling slots as it's been more than three weeks since claiming the slot, and even longer since I sent a reminder ping out. The following people have had their slots dropped: @Meyland12 @Apex CHUD @roadworx @JackDBS

Which means the following slots are now once again open:

MAP03, MAP12, MAP13, MAP23, MAP28. If you wish to claim one of these slots, please read the slot claiming rules before making a claim!

Posted (edited)

I think I'll try doing something.

First choice: TNT MAP08

Second choice: Doom2 MAP27

Desired slot: MAP23

Should I add timed secret? I feel it's kinda stupid, but it is iconic.

Also can you mark the completion in the OP somehow? Would be nice to be able to track it.

@Cutman

First map choice: Doom 2 MAP15

Second map choice: Doom E4M2

Desired map slot: MAP28

Might make a MIDI track with it too!

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I think I'll try doing something.

First choice: TNT MAP08

Second choice: Doom2 MAP27

Desired slot: MAP23

Should I add timed secret? I feel it's kinda stupid, but it is iconic.

Also can you mark the completion in the OP somehow? Would be nice to be able to track it.

I have a link to a spreadsheet in the OP that I'm using which has more details: Here

8 minutes ago, Cutman said:

I have a link to a spreadsheet in the OP that I'm using which has more details: Here 

Checked it, you can probably mark my MAP07 as complete. While I might consider some adjustments or additions in the future, it's probably done.

Posted (edited)

@Cutman

If can put complete on my map? l think she ready, in future l replace music (Probably) and cut  some monsters ( probably )

Posted (edited)

So question. Animated switches from TNT, like SW1FSK1 - do you intend to make them work, or I should switch them out now?

Also update on my progress. I've got the layout, which shrunk considerably compared to the original, I think. Now I just need to do more details, lighting etc.

1614369604_.png.ea7e7c1ebf9b3b024eb1236a9abde163.png

Edited by ViolentBeetle

Posted (edited)

Hello, I'm interested in claiming a slot but I have question.

"Maps that are already being blended may be rejected (we don't want 5 copies of Plutonia's "Hunted"). I will allow exceptions if problems arise." - does this mean that if someone blended maps A and B, I cannot blend maps A and C? (C being not arleady blended)

Anyway I think I already know what maps I want to pick ;).

@Cutman
First map choice: Plutonia MAP23: Tombstone
Second map choice: Evilution MAP23: Lunar Mining Project
Desired map slot: MAP12

On 8/6/2024 at 2:05 PM, Kras said:

@Cutman

If can put complete on my map? l think she ready, in future l replace music (Probably) and cut  some monsters ( probably )

If you have more changes planned I will leave it as progress until no more changes are planned

4 hours ago, Adam Duży said:

Hello, I'm interested in claiming a slot but I have question.

"Maps that are already being blended may be rejected (we don't want 5 copies of Plutonia's "Hunted"). I will allow exceptions if problems arise." - does this mean that if someone blended maps A and B, I cannot blend maps A and C? (C being not arleady blended)

Yes but this is a loose rule that I added at the start, as I expected many people to only target popular maps. Luckily we've had only a couple of duplicate maps, so no harm done. Added to the list!

I think I got another idea for a fun and shorter map concept.

@Cutman

First map choice: DOOM 2 map02
Second map choice: TNT map 22 
Desired map slot: map 03

seems like good opportunity to develop my mapping skill! i think i will participate...!

@Cutman
First map choice: Plutonia MAP25
Second map choice: Doom2 MAP28
Desired map slot: the Only. MAP13

8 hours ago, DFF said:

First map choice: DOOM 2 map02
Second map choice: TNT map 22 
Desired map slot: map 03

The ultimate sewer incoming.

On 8/6/2024 at 7:17 PM, ViolentBeetle said:

So question. Animated switches from TNT, like SW1FSK1 - do you intend to make them work, or I should switch them out now?

I will try to fix this

7 hours ago, Cutman said:

I will try to fix this

I checked the wad, and first thing I saw is that some animations have type 3, which is not something that is normally used. I believe some definitions are simply missing, like SW1FSK.

SWITCHES lump seems to have incorrect definition for a switch SW1FSK, which isn't an actual texture, as SW1FSK1 through 4 is the texture instead.

You'd probably need to go through the textures and flats and see what is and is not supposed to be animated. I don't think I'm familiar enough with the pack to be of much help.

Posted (edited)

Temporary collapse.zip

new version

1- add ammo and medkit

2- bit new geometry in caves and in some places

3- new music " midi pack TNT, broken mirror - Eris Falling"

it`s last version, changes more not planned

Edited by Kras

retiring my slot, I'm trying to focus on other things more important to me at the moment, also my college term starts soon enough to the point I don't think I will feel like investing time into finishing what little I have made.

1 hour ago, Cutman 999 said:

retiring my slot, I'm trying to focus on other things more important to me at the moment, also my college term starts soon enough to the point I don't think I will feel like investing time into finishing what little I have made.

What if you at least upload your last version and get someone else to finish it?

3 hours ago, DoomGuy999 said:

What if you at least upload your last version and get someone else to finish it?

I'll just give it away if someone wants, I guess, layout incomplete tho

Anything_Goes.zip

Posted (edited)

Submission.

MAP23: Domain of Steel

Mix of TNT MAP08: Metal and Doom 2 MAP27 Monster Condo

MIDI: Growling Belly by JD Herrera

doom04.png.22b916e56d1d28534d946954de23e132.png

I'm opening to feedback on difficulty, especially since I made it easier after testing. Layout is probably final.

domain of steel.zip

Edited by ViolentBeetle

Posted (edited)

@ViolentBeetle, I just UV-maxed your map, really fun to play and aesthetics of both maps are merged very cleverly (it's a thing I'm currently struggling a bit in my map), map wasn't challenging but not too easy as well, imo making it harder and leaving like this are good options both... did you think about some multiplayer-only enemies? :P

BTW no. 1, maybe it would be a cool gimmick to set back side of exit door to action 1 like it is in Monster Condo, what enables speedrunners to make famous skip in this map :D.

BTW no. 2, it was funny to trigger berserk secret accidentaly (with my settings, holding right mouse button triggers running and releasing this button triggers "use"... and in this case I stopped running near the right wall :D).

PS, imo it's always better to have some deathmatch starts in the map than none :P.

Edited by Adam Duży : fix grammar

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Adam Duży said:

BTW no. 1, maybe it would be a cool gimmick to set back side of exit door to action 1 like it is in Monster Condo, what enables speedrunners to make famous skip in this map :D.

I don't know, what does @Cutman have to say about tribute bugs?

8 hours ago, Adam Duży said:

BTW no. 2, it was funny to trigger berserk secret accidentaly (with my settings, holding right mouse button triggers running and releasing this button triggers "use"... and in this case I stopped running near the right wall :D).

Ah yes, I have finally committed the classical blunder of forgetting the height-agnostic nature of "use" key. Maybe I should change it, I'll think about how.

(Oh wait, that's soul sphere. But still)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I don't know, what does @Cutman have to say about tribute bugs?

I don't mind as long as it doesn't ruin your map or make it unbeatable (or necessary to know of in order to complete)

5 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Ah yes, I have finally committed the classical blunder of forgetting the height-agnostic nature of "use" key. Maybe I should change it, I'll think about how.

(Oh wait, that's soul sphere. But still)

Nah, it's 100% fine imo :P, and... I'm talking about berserk, not soulsphere, if it's what you mean... oh, I just noticed that soulsphere switch can be triggered from below, so that's what you meant :D. Most straight forward way to fix it is making switch hole deeper (36 instead of 4 seems to work, but idk if looks good), anyway idk if it actually needs a fix, it doesn't make obtaining a secret much simpler or causes other issues.

(BTW noticed that switch texture inside mini room where berserk is has y offset 64 what makes switch not actually visible - just noting it in case it's unintended.)

5 hours ago, Cutman said:

I don't mind as long as it doesn't ruin your map or make it unbeatable (or necessary to know of in order to complete)

I'm not sure if I want to add such a skip on purpose, I'll think about it. I'm going to tweak the looks some more, but I'd like difficulty feedback so I could adjust if needed.