Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cutman

[Community Project] Second Mix! Combine your favorite classic maps! (1 Slot open!)

Here's map 24, Spiritual Torture, a combination of E3M4: House of Pain from Doom 1 and MAP28: The Spirit World from Doom 2.

It's a bit longer than my previous map, and more harder too.

Spiritual Torture link

screenshots:

Spoiler

nugg0053.png.f8879bb98d6a5b585f6dd94cee6f42b6.pngnugg0049.png.2ec68a9103d90a037acd6c4a32087e0a.pngnugg0054.png.82e11857ce4e58517993f0864ec3f3f5.png

I also updated Map 14, with difficulty settings and the missing door (lmao how did i missed that)

McGee Wannabe 2 link

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DankMetal said:

Here's map 24, Spiritual Torture, a combination of E3M4: House of Pain from Doom 1 and MAP28: The Spirit World from Doom 2.

I had hard time with this, especially the part but I can pin it onto it being a puzzle map. Maybe you should add a weapon into the room with pinkies and mancubus but it's at the start, so getting trapped there isn't a huge problem

One thing I would actually suggest changing is making SSG more visible. I had very bad time at this part because I didn't find it at first.

One more thing - during the pentagram skin column saga, monsters tended to raise right in my face, which is annoying. I don't know if there's anything you can do to fix it, maybe have them jump instantly? That wouldn't be the same, but still. Or at least move their pits further away.

Edited by ViolentBeetle

Hello there, i just want to show that I have created something as it's my reminder date today; it's not much but actually I didn't touch that for over two weeks now as I had vacation trip etc. but in following three weeks I expect more progress :).

Spoiler

image.png.81fbae06c3a11ae8422774b7a5bd225b.png

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Grape Juice said:

Hello! I'll take map29 please!

Oops sorry, this got claimed a few posts ago. I forgot to add it to the front page. My bad! I will do a roundup soon though so more slots might appear.

Update to MAP15: https://www.mediafire.com/file/z69zdvbprvis0ki/AA_SM_MAP15_V2.wad/file

Fixes:

-Added extra buffer space, thicker walls around the Cyberdemons in the throne and ankh area and changed pain elemental placement to reduce the chance of earlier activation of the Cyberdemons

-Added lights to a switch in the yellow key (outdoor) area

-Fixed some lower unpegged shenanigans in the yellow door area

-Changed ammo placement around the Cyberdemon platform in the yellow door area, added a lift that raises after going up the lift past the chaingunners

-Made the timed lift across the blood and health bonus platforms a repeatable lowering floor before raising again once the player enters the chaingunner section

-Fixed some detailing in the starting area (a cliff was blocking some hieroglyphics on the blue door building)

-Fixed a potential skip of the candle alcove chaingunners and cacodemon/pain elemental trap in the yellow door area

-Fixed the non-damaging blood floor where the BFG secret is

-Fixed a potential exit linedef skip at both exits

-Made the number of switches required to reveal the secret exit more obvious

-Hid some out-of-bounds linedefs on the automap
-Made out-of-bounds areas damaging (with impassible buffers where applicable)

Played map 15 UV @Argent Agent

Not many complaints game play or detail wise. Lots of fun and interesting design in the theme and the arena designs. Rather tough map but never very unfair. I was in a spot where if not for the invuln secret when fighting the cyberdemon's i'd likely had run out of ammo (the 8- shells were the tipping factor not the invuln). The city was especially a cool design space. As far as graphical issues the only one i really noticed was that the red bars on the secret exit teleporter were misaligned and non-symmetrical which likely is not on purpose. Secret sector 1432 feels extremely unnecessary. Its very easy to spot and considering there are 6 other accessible rad-suits in other parts of the room, not entirely sure its benefit is felt at all. I had no issue with the cyber blocking the exit teleporter in the yellow room but i could see without the secret BFG this being a bit of a frustrating time sink to tackle, playing peek a boo within somewhat close quarters. Maybe adding one of the blood cave missile traps like the other cliff sections could help make it less risky to try and not hide from.

Only other thing that came to mind was the MIDI. A pretty good choice but somewhat short given the length of the map, which after a while got repetitive and a little jarring. Not necessarily suggesting it be changed but i figured i'd bring the feedback up just in case.

Map03 is ready for testing: LINK
Name: In Two Deep
Slot: MAP03

Music: Arch-Vile on Line 2 by Bucket

Fusion: D2 - map02, tnt - map 22

Pics:

Spoiler

I kinda realized only later that one of map22's shortcoming (among the many it has) is that there isn't really a lot to the map. So this map for the most part should feel a bit like Underhalls expanded with with a coat of Habitat thrown on, and some allusions to the main distinguishable features. I think i kept difficulty a bit lower here but the final fight can get touchy. let me know if its too hard for its slot or any other suggestions!

1 hour ago, DFF said:

Name: In Two Deep

I got stumped by the Archvile+Revenants maze, I think it really needs a rocket launcher (And pain elemental and revenant squad before it too, but that one is manageable). Possibly even a plasma. I know it's map 3, but I have a feeling it will end up moved.

Also there's a midtexture bleed (I think) in the blue armor secret. And a teleport flat that does nothing, which is weird.

doom19.png

Updated map03, same link. removed some revs from the final area, feels a bit easier to handle (plus the vile can be approached without alerting too many enemies for a easier time).

22 hours ago, Grape Juice said:

Hihi! Map13 please!

First Map:  Map05 : The Waste Tunnels (Doom 2)

Second Map:  Map26: Bunker (Plutonia)

Added!

On 9/5/2024 at 7:46 AM, DFF said:

Updated map03, same link. removed some revs from the final area, feels a bit easier to handle (plus the vile can be approached without alerting too many enemies for a easier time).

Only played this version and it feels fine to me! Tricky finale but still doable once you've gotten your hands warmed up after map01 and map02. No complaints here.

Haven't playtested MAP24 yet as it looks like a big boy map but it's looking pretty complete to me so I'll mark it off the spreadsheet.

Can the following mappers get back to me on any progress they've made to their map, or if they've lost interest? If I don't hear from you in a week or so I will unclaim your slots to try and get the ball rolling on completing this thing:

@mr-around, @WASFDDDDD, @DukeOfDoom, @capsaicin, @Djoga, @Plerb / @Mystic 256, @knifeworld, @YeOldeFellerNoob, @Grizzly Old B, @DoomGuy999

Apologies if I've already pinged you!

5 hours ago, Cutman said:

Can the following mappers get back to me on any progress they've made to their map, or if they've lost interest? If I don't hear from you in a week or so I will unclaim your slots to try and get the ball rolling on completing this thing:

Sorry for the lack of updates. I have been extremely burnt out from school and work. Good timing though, since now my workplace is getting rebuilt and I now have some free time to work on this.

The basic layout is finished, and all I need to do is add the monsters and some polishing here and there. Instead of some screenshots, here is an unfinished version of the map. It is beatable, but it's unfinished. Not nice in several places, and monster placement needs to be refined. I am currently focusing on difficulty from the lowest to the highest, so yes, for now the map is relatively easy.

TNTE2M1_15.9.24.7z

I haven't actually touched mine and Mystic 256's map since June, due to my inspiration being elsewhere. I don't know when I'll get the motivation to work on it again, but I still really want this map to get finished. I'll have to see if @Mystic 256 has made any progress on the map in that time.

12 hours ago, Cutman said:

-snip-

Apologies for not posting updates sooner. I should have said something but I've been so burnt out when it comes to Doom, even with playing maps let alone making them. Every time I found time to try and get back into it I just couldn't.
I'm going to throw one final 4th attempt at it, if it doesn't work out I'll be sure to let you know before the week is up!