Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cutman

[Community Project] Second Mix! Combine your favorite classic maps! (Slots claimed!)

2 hours ago, stochastic said:

I think I've got time to contribute a small-ish map.

@Cutman

Box Doom staff slowly taking over this CP as well after Tribute Quilt II ... 😁

Posted (edited)

@ViolentBeetle pretty fun mashup. I rather liked the hectic open field combat you designed that Mt. erebus brought over the more enclosed arena of dead simple. Difficutly feels good for its place (not that this WAD is planned to have a well defined difficulty ramp i think). Most deaths were due to stopping or getting caught in a bad confrontation. I ended the map with 108 bullets and 44 shells. Could likely cut some shell packs and keep it a bit tighter but its not the worst spead, especially on a map that requires certain monsters to be killed.

Only critique might be that the two secrets do not feel very secret at all, but i'm sure if i went back and replayed E3M6 there's likely a very similar sort of uneventful setup. a secret out in the lava that mimics the regular exit of E3M6 could be nifty.

@DankMetal

pretty fun man, merged the two styles very well. Bit of a tricky one with the plethora of hitscanners on perches and a limited arsenal. Ended the map with only 25 shells. Bit on the higher side but overall good balance, the 8 shells in sector 407might be the easiest to remove without harming the players balance too much.

Only pain point i ran into was the initial 4-way courtyard. with all the chaingunners and only a sg to counter them i died here the most due to a lack of health and limited way to deal with them safetly. I'd probably move a couple more stims or a medpack over to that balcony so the player can take a little bit extra punishment (sector 51)

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DFF said:

Only critique might be that the two secrets do not feel very secret at all

Original Mt. Erebus had a secret like this, although as I check it seems to be only one. I think I might add a variant on a different secret to the green marble building.

I don't really like making player run though lava.

6 hours ago, stochastic said:

I think I've got time to contribute a small-ish map.

@Cutman
First map choice: Plutonia MAP17
Second map choice: Doom 2 MAP22
Desired map slot: MAP27

Welcome aboard!

Will check the new submissions as soon as I'm able :)

@Cutman
Apologies, but I got sidetracked with IRL stuff and it's my first map so progress is very slow, will post screenshots either tomorrow or the day after if you don't mind.

45 minutes ago, stochastic said:

Plutonia MAP17/Doom 2 MAP22 mix is coming along!

dK1XW6T.pngSqwN1aS.png

lnclKsT.png

That looks a little bit more detailed then I remember :)

Also, I wonder why that one torch is red.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Raith138 said:

That looks a little bit more detailed then I remember :)

Also, I wonder why that one torch is red.

Yeah, it's a bit more detailed but the influences are there. And oh, how did that get there? :)

Edited by stochastic

Posted (edited)

Stuff IRL happened but I didn't forget

If maps have names I call it Deliver Us to Evil
doom56-min.png.ddf574b1379c29bb44b49eb9f88568f5.pngdoom57-min.png.6f3b9f01e1aac8a349b0607f7e56cf03.pngdoom58-min.png.5f9aed42a8a86d53ff4a20383c713223.png

Edited by Djoga

On 7/6/2024 at 10:05 PM, NiGHTS108 said:

Progress has been coming along! We've got the final fight finished :)

image.png.23906030c5d8a674f0cdc8fcf3fd8e42.png

Since it's the reminder deadline, just in case it was missed, my map's still being worked on. Not quite ready yet, but it will be!

Alright, like I said I'm trying something different with the north area in Undertrenches. I'm thinking that once the player gets the blue key, they'll be forced through a lower interior area, and then they'll have to return through the big, outside area. I've decreased the amount of hitscanners to begin with, but once that big rock in the center opens, then come all the zombies

I just wanted to give a little status report since it's been almost two weeks 

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20240713_175945.png.2f78a8e8d9a39136bf9ffbb30d42af64.pngScreenshot_Doom_20240713_180002.png.0dcf905ec99c13bda51c7186d2c9ec40.pngScreenshot_Doom_20240713_180021.png.4dba543106f3d0982cc4fcca708c0c79.png

@Cutman I've added some trees, a waterfall off to the side, and those rocks you asked for. I've also placed a few more decorations all around the map. Is this an improvement? I'll certainly do more, this is way more effective than I thought it would be, but I just thought I'd ask

Posted (edited)

Only got around to playing one map so far, but will mark on the sheet ready for me to try when I can.

On 7/9/2024 at 12:01 PM, Kras said:

Временный collapse.zip

music:TNT Evilution - Death's Bells  Cover By DAR

my map ready. hope map like 

Great map so far, though a lot of monsters ended up getting stuck or blocking corridors. I would consider using the Ambush flag more to stop monsters roaming into tight spaces. Also consider less secrets. A lot of areas don't need to be considered a secret, and 14 is a lot! Finally I was able to exit without exploring a lot of the map. Maybe add another key to allow through to the exit.

For example, if this lift gets blocked it can be hard to travel down:

Spoiler

image.png.6c68a81ede7622e986f7b72217c267c3.png

3 weeks have passed already. @DoctorNuriel, @Meyland12, @SirPootis, @AtticTelephone, @capsaicin, @Apex CHUD, @roadworx, @YeOldeFellerNoob, @JackDBS, @Grizzly Old B I don't think I've seen any progress from. Could you confirm you still want the slot and some visual progress if possible? Thanks!

@DoomGuy999 it's cool but I'll probably end up writing my own when everything is done.

23 minutes ago, Cutman said:

3 weeks have passed already. @DoctorNuriel, @Meyland12, @SirPootis, @AtticTelephone, @capsaicin, @Apex CHUD, @roadworx, @YeOldeFellerNoob, @JackDBS, @Grizzly Old B I don't think I've seen any progress from. Could you confirm you still want the slot and some visual progress if possible? Thanks!

Sorry, my apologies. Unfortunately, due to other obligations I wasn't able to start mapping for this project until yesterday. Will show my current progress by the end of (German) today, ok?

2 hours ago, Cutman said:

Пока что я разыграл только одну карту, но отмечу на листе готовность, чтобы попробовать, когда смогу.

Пока отличная карта, хотя многие монстры застряли или заблокировали коридоры. Я бы подумал о том, чтобы чаще использовать флаг засады, чтобы помешать монстрам бродить в труднодоступных местах. Также подумайте о меньшем количестве секретов. Множество областей не обязательно считать секретными, а 14 - это много! Наконец-то я смог выйти, не изучая большую часть карты. Возможно, добавьте еще один ключ, чтобы открыть доступ к выходу.

Например, если этот подъемник заблокирован, спуститься вниз может быть сложно:

Скрыть содержимое

изображение.png.6c68a81ede7622e986f7b72217c267c3.png

прошло уже 3 недели. @DoctorNuriel, @Meyland12, @SirPootis, @AtticTelephone, @capsaicin, @Apex CHUD, @roadworx, @YeOldeFellerNoob, @JackDBS, @Grizzly Old B Не думаю, что я заметил какой-либо прогресс с. Не могли бы вы подтвердить, что вам все еще нужен слот и, по возможности, некоторый визуальный прогресс? Спасибо!

@DoomGuy999 это круто, но я, вероятно, напишу свою собственную, когда все будет готово.

l happy what map like. With monsters make, secrets cut and key add for exit

9 hours ago, Cutman said:

@DoomGuy999 it's cool but I'll probably end up writing my own when everything is done.

Hello. Yeah, I have been kind of lagging off, only working on it here and there, but it IS working out.

Note: I have not added any enemies nor things yet, as I want to focus on the layout first.

Screenshots:

doom01.png

doom02.png

doom05.png

doom06.png

11 hours ago, Cutman said:

Only got around to playing one map so far, but will mark on the sheet ready for me to try when I can.

Great map so far, though a lot of monsters ended up getting stuck or blocking corridors. I would consider using the Ambush flag more to stop monsters roaming into tight spaces. Also consider less secrets. A lot of areas don't need to be considered a secret, and 14 is a lot! Finally I was able to exit without exploring a lot of the map. Maybe add another key to allow through to the exit.

Reveal hidden contents

Hi, while I do have a part of the map done, due to life stuff and another project I have going on I don't think I can finish it in a proper timeframe. I'll give up my slot. Sorry!

Okay, here's my progress of today for “Baphomet's Chasm”, my mix of Sigil E5M1 (“Baphomet's Demesne”) and Doom 2 MAP24 (“The Chasm”):

Second_Mix.MAP31.GrizzlyOldB.V1.zip (needs d2alltex1.wad in addition)

Parts of the level will be Sigil-reminiscent geometry with Chasm-reminiscent texturing (this is what I have mainly done yet), for other parts of the level it will be the other way round.

Here are some screenshots from the editor:

Spoiler

Hot green start:

Af3rWrF.png

Sigil path, part 1:

m02HWhX.png

Sigil path, part 2:

L9l6RSQ.png

Chaingunner ambush:

X1I0zVJ.png

Glimpse of secret exit:

811MVQ9.png

Map:

eiDLJgj.png

During the next two weeks I will (hopefully) have more free time to finish this map.

Posted (edited)

Coming up in next week's episode:

Spoiler

How to turn Sigil E5M1's “just look, don't enter” room into The Chasm

LSNKYyi.png

Posted (edited)
On 6/25/2024 at 12:50 AM, DoomGuy999 said:

Hey @Cutman, @Argent Agent, and @Grizzly Old B, I have a suggestion, what if we make the map15 secret exit the black sigil baphomet wall, and the map31 secret exit to be a sigil II baphomet wall? This way the levels could kinda flow. 

You mean this one, right?

i8VNHvD.png

Edited by Grizzly Old B

Posted (edited)
On 7/14/2024 at 2:27 AM, Cutman said:

Hey, so sorry, life loves to just keep getting in the way of creative liberties. I've gotten started on the map, and have some screens of the starting area:

Builder_rH8QyAQENr.png.09f60e7f63a6a7f689395d3aa32bc8ea.png

Builder_ccP8giV4mX.png.551ff2c76bfd4dbb7627a5cabcbeb4bb.png

15 hours ago, Grizzly Old B said:

You mean this one, right?

i8VNHvD.png

Yes. Make sure it's well hidden.

37 minutes ago, DoomGuy999 said:

Yes. Make sure it's well hidden.

It's in open sight, but only for short moment. The player will have to remember later that (and where) they have seen it before. (And then find out how to open it up again.)

New Update

Screenshot Spoiler

Spoiler

UV Players gonna have fun especially when lost souls don't show in kill count.uvfun.JPG.b3061f07c61701b198151a70f9c23688.JPG

good luck finding 30 second secret if you haven't already.

phcv0_5.zip

On 7/14/2024 at 2:27 AM, Cutman said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry, I'm not interested in this project anymore. Feel free to unreserve the mapslot.

26 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

Sorry, I'm not interested in this project anymore. Feel free to unreserve the mapslot.

Hej @AtticTelephone, as I just see your name pop up here, could you provide a quick status update on the Radio Free Gehenna project? Can it be considered officially dead? 

8 hours ago, Grizzly Old B said:

Hej @AtticTelephone, as I just see your name pop up here, could you provide a quick status update on the Radio Free Gehenna project? Can it be considered officially dead? 

Definitely.