Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
schnoot

Any suggested order for 100%ing DOOM Eternal and DLC?

Title. I've been wanting to get back into Doom Eternal, and 100%ing games is pretty fun to me, and gives me a goal so I don't burn myself out doing random stuff. I've beaten the base game and DLC, and just want to know where I should start getting everything at. Not plot-wise, just where to begin (and if anyone's got any ideas, what to start getting.)

Each level in Eternal and its DLCs showcase the remaining collectibles on the automap by type. You can also use Fast Travel once you're at the end of a level and Mission Select once you've beaten a given level to jump around quickly to where you need to go. They made it very easy to collect things in Eternal, and personally I enjoy the 100% campaign playthrough much more than in 2016. Many of the collectibles have a "end goal" to them at the Fortress of Doom hub - the demon collectibles sit on a shelf and unlock viewable demon models, music track collectibles are displayed as posters to play music from, the Sentinel Batteries unlock various compartments, and the Slayer Gates grant keys to unlock the Unmaykr weapon. If you unlock all cheat code collectibles, you also unlock Ultimate Doom on the Slayer's PC in the Fortress. All these collectibles in a given level represent the standard 100% campaign playthrough.

If you want an optimized visual guide, here's a 100% playthrough by ZeroMaster:

Some "unmarked" secrets include a password on the Slayer's PC to unlock Doom II, and a secret way to randomly spawn two Tyrants in the Super Gore Nest level. The above up to and including the video is what I would consider a 100% playthrough of Eternal. The next part are things you can 100% outside of a singular playthrough if you value achievements and cosmetics:

---

There are in-game and external achievements if you want to go for those in your 100%. Here's a Steam achievement guide for the external ones: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2031543270

The in-game achievements are more numerous and trickier - but generally you can unlock cosmetics for beating the game, its DLCs, Master Levels, and Horde Mode all on Nightmare and Ultra-Nightmare. The Master Levels also have Classic Modes with their own unlockable cosmetics each. There are also multiplayer achievements with unlockable cosmetics but that's up to you if multiplayer is worth it, especially since mostly the most dedicated pros are just playing it these days (if even). Depends on if you value the cosmetics as part of your 100%.

If you do value cosmetics in your 100%, there are also rotating seasonal events with unlockable cosmetics. You unlock the cosmetics by completing weekly missions or spamming levels. The seasons rotate once every three months if I recall correctly. You can also purchase some of them for real money, but I wouldn't recommend that. There are a few once-Twitch Prime ones that are sold now as well, like the Doomicorn cosmetic. You can also unlock cosmetics if you link your bethesda.net account to Doom I, II, 64, and 3 (although 3 had to be from the bethesda.net store version, which isn't available anymore). There are a few other unobtainable cosmetics - like the Slayer's Club ones or the Friday Night Fight multiplayer one.

That's everything I believe.

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, AtimZarr1 said:

Each level in Eternal and its DLCs showcase the remaining collectibles on the automap by type. You can also use Fast Travel once you're at the end of a level and Mission Select once you've beaten a given level to jump around quickly to where you need to go. They made it very easy to collect things in Eternal, and...

Ah. Thanks a lot, looks like it's gonna be a journey. Didn't know about the DOOM I/II easter eggs. I've already gotten all the collectibles in the base game (IIRC), and it looks like doing everything else is gonna be pretty fun. Thanks again for all the info!