Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KeaganDunn

[GZDoom-only beta] Dwelling - A giant, nonlinear MBF21 challenge map

Posted (edited)

I played probably around 2/3 of this on Twitch. Although only the last third can be seen because I foolishly tried to record prematurely (the loading screen, yo!)

One kind of major thing though. So when you drop into the chasm near the red key door to pick up the armor, the teleport that then takes you out leads to a room with a bunch of switches and some enemies. Trouble is, it's too easy to softlock here and I found leaving to be cryptic enough that I just cheated. (and I save in the worst parts, ha.)

Edited by LadyMistDragon

Posted (edited)

Fin. I completely forgot to show the quit messages unfortunately.

Edited by LadyMistDragon

The fights in this one are very up-and-down in terms of difficulty. Some of the triple Cyber encounters are pretty mean, even with the BFG, and the Cyber horde right at the end of the map is a massive gut punch, feels very RNG-heavy.

That being said, very fun map. It took me a good 1 1/2 hours in-game to finish, but it was definitely worth it! Feels very 'City at the Mouth of Ire-lite', and not just because of the music, but also for the large number of close-quarters puzzle encounters that happen.

Awesome stuff man!