Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

There is my mod if you want to help with feedback lol (link in my bio)

In all seriousness here are some good mods I have played. I save links to most mods I download so if you want links I can send them.
Dust Devil
Project Brutality/Brutal Doom (both are good) (yes I know everyone has heard of them lol)
Sapphire
Usurper (1 map sadly though)

There are more that I have played that are good but I haven't finished them all yet.

8 minutes ago, icantpaytaxes53 said:

I dont really know a lot of mods for doom so ill play anything you guys give me, excluding Hdoom. So gimme what you got!

49 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

I'm sorry to inform you that no, there are no good pk3s or wads. We're all gathered here waiting for you to make the one good wad.

ah ok

1 hour ago, icantpaytaxes53 said:

I dont really know a lot of mods for doom so ill play anything you guys give me, excluding Hdoom. So gimme what you got!

guys ill even accept terry wads

Oh, well, if you'll play anything, then here's my MAP 08 replacement map.

Some shameless self promoting! The Woody World series... :-)

Would you like to try mine out? 9 levels of demon extermination? 

5 hours ago, Shepardus said:

I'm sorry to inform you that no, there are no good pk3s or wads. We're all gathered here waiting for you to make the one good wad.

Oh, and it's gotta be the greatest WAD to ever exist, or the entire world will explode. No pressure!

Fury's Sky: Vagabond is the greatest Doom mod ever. It is better than sliced bread. It will blow your face off and melt your brain into pink putty. It is more than a Doom mod; it is a religious experience. 

...Sike! :P I may like working on my own mod, but I don't have those kinds of delusions of grandeur. It's probably pretty average compared to the all-time greats, really. >_>

Alright for real, here's some mods that I absolutely recommend to anyone, because they're that good.

Doom Rogue-like Arsenal: 

If you like the thrill of finding something really cool serendipitously, then you'll love this weapon mod. It adds a whole slew of weapons to use, as well as procedural placement, so you'll never find the same weapon in the same spot twice. A technically ambitious mod that's fun to play.

Russian Overkill:

A Slavic-flavored weapon pack that takes the concept of "mass destruction" to its most logical conclusion. This mod has some of the most hilariously overpowered weapons in the history of ever. Black hole launchers, quad-barreled shotguns with face-melting recoil, handheld tank cannons, miniguns that shoot tiny jet fighters, and more! A dazzling display of spectacle with a wonderfully bizarre sense of humor. 

Total Chaos: 

Some mods just make you go "NO FUKKEN WAY." This is one of them. A GZDoom survival horror total conversion with graphics on par with a high-end PS2 game. It has to be seen to be believed. 

Doom RPG:

This RPG mod tries to do way too much and succeeds at damn near most of it. A Stat and class system, special attack skills, a character leveling system, and special champion enemies are just some of the features this comprehensive overhaul of Doom offers. Also has a compatibility patch with Doom RL Arsenal!

Reelism:

Sometimes it's best not to take things too seriously. This wave-based horde mod utilizes a unique twist with slot reels determining how each wave handles. Enemies that spawn, weapons that are available, special conditions, and other factors are determined by the slots. And it is absurdly silly in tone. It has a staggering amount of gameplay variety, and a lot of different maps to try out too.

I think this is a good start. Try some of these out!

I'm new to Doom as well. Been playing Quake forever. I just finished Hell on Earth Starterpack with Project Brutality and loved every single second of it. This is probably something everyone else already knows but I wanted to recommend it.

1 hour ago, icantpaytaxes53 said:

didn't graf get triggered about that pk3

yea cuz its too fucking goated for GZDoom

Well i don't know if you're into Ultimate Doom (Doom 1) but i am currently doing episode 4 of my ultimate doom wad. I am looking for feedback and what not on it. Been working on this for a year an a half now so feedback is more then welcome :)

On 6/25/2024 at 5:36 PM, Stabbey said:

Oh, well, if you'll play anything, then here's my MAP 08 replacement map.

its actually pretty hard and well designed! I like it

Can you try this one of mine? There's 30 maps as of now, and they are very short, but the later maps compensate with difficulty.

Just now, DankMetal said:

Can you try this one of mine? There's 30 maps as of now, and they are very short, but the later maps compensate with difficulty.

sure!