Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
qwaz

Where can I download the Evilution and Plutonia wads?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm having trouble finding them. I own Doom, Doom 2 and 3. I have a TNT wad so I can play them in gzdoom but it doesn't seem like Plutonia is in it. And, when I played a few levels the map names are wrong when I press tab. The map names listed are the original map names from Doom 2.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, qwaz said:

The map names listed are the original map names from Doom 2.

I only see this when I play TNT or Plutonia in DosBox. Otherwise, they should appear okay in other ports. There might be something wrong with your WAD file. Try downloading them from a good site. You should be able to find them somewhere in Google which has old games.

TNT: Evilution and Plutonia are two separate megawads that were bundled in a package called Final Doom. You should be able to find your plutonia.wad file in the same place as the tnt one. If you bought it in Steam that should look something like:

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 2\finaldoombase

17 minutes ago, Turbulent said:

TNT: Evilution and Plutonia are two separate megawads that were bundled in a package called Final Doom. You should be able to find your plutonia.wad file in the same place as the tnt one. If you bought it in Steam that should look something like:

Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 2\finaldoombase

Ahh ok, I didn't see the Plutonia one in there for some reason. Thanks.

13 hours ago, qwaz said:

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm having trouble finding them. I own Doom, Doom 2 and 3. I have a TNT wad so I can play them in gzdoom but it doesn't seem like Plutonia is in it. And, when I played a few levels the map names are wrong when I press tab. The map names listed are the original map names from Doom 2.

That sounds like some sort of confliction

Did you run TNT as a PWAD? Because it and Plutonia are both iWADs

Posted (edited)

If running DOOM2 from Steam you launch directly into DOOM2, you've set the Launch Option to always pick DOOM2.
Go to DOOM2 in your Steam Library, click the Settings icon / General /  Launch Options and change it to Always Ask so you can choose on clicking the Play button.

**Re-read this and realized you were primarily looking for the local files to run in GZDOOM. cheers.

Edited by DeetOpianSky : Corrected text.