Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grassy chunks

Anybody here knows how to make a triple 3d bridge in vanilla doom?

https://www.doomworld.com/tutorials/fx9.php

This page here mentions that a triple 3d bridge is possible to build in doom but that the author hadn't tried to build it himself. Nor that I could find any tutorials regarding the same.

I tried to build a triple 3d bridge myself but all the overlapping linedefs in doom builder started to mess up my map badly.

Try build a regular vanilla 3D bridge first and see if that works. Only then, when you grasp the concept, attempt more advanced tricks using the same principle. If I had to guess, you've connected vertices that should not be connected.

For a working example, there's Requiem Map13.

18 hours ago, Mordeth said:

Try build a regular vanilla 3D bridge first and see if that works. Only then, when you grasp the concept, attempt more advanced tricks using the same principle. If I had to guess, you're connected vertices that should not be connected.

For a working example, there's Requiem Map13.

I myself am very well familiar with the workings of a regular vanilla 3d bridge and have used it in many of my (not so released) maps. And have no problem in doing so...

The overlapping linedef problem I encounter might have to do with the way linedef are overlapped in doombuilder 2 using control key.

If you know any maps that have a triple 3d bridge, please let me know how...

Hell Revealed 2 MAP19 has a quad bridge that overlaps in the center, maybe it will help as an example.