Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted (edited)

Congratulations! You made it to the weekend!!! 🎉🥳

As a reward, I've made a Doom map especially for YOU! That's right, your very own, hand crafted Friday evening entertainment.

Fracture is a single map made in the BOOM format. A short close quarters focused map, it hasn't been made to stress you out, it is the weekend after all.

This map will take you roughly 5-10 minutes to beat.

Tested on PRboom+, GZDoom and Zandronum, without issue.

MUSIC: Treetop Rock - DKC OST by David Wise

Screenshots

Preview #1

Preview #2

Preview #3

If you find or encounter any bugs or issues (especially texture misalignments), let me know and I'll make an amendment immediately.

[DOWNLOAD]

Edited by watto3699

Very cool. Nice lighting and atmosphere. Combat is nice and tight with some sneaky traps. The music really adds to the experience too. Here's an fda, a cheaty exit with only one key, and a uv-max: frac-ryiron.zip

Posted (edited)

one key exit?! Bruh, you're a wriggly man

Edited by watto3699

What a lovely little techbase! The blinking lights, the tight corners, cramped hallways... This was a treat. Music felt real fitting, like it was the soundtrack

to a rat being stuck in a maze, working out how to navigate it's way to the exit. A nice friday indeed, thanks!

Fun stuff. I like the unorthodox rocket launcher start. Techbase looks so much more techy with those lights. The good but not brutal combat and the fun music really make it feel like a weekend break level.

my sda fracture.zip

Not a whole lot here. In a way, it's like an Abscission outtake in style if definitely not mood. I did have a rather interesting encounter with the Arch-vile here. Other than that, there's things here but nothing too stressful for now.

I liked it! It was a fun map with fun encounters. I love the addition of the Archvile and rocket launcher.

I think it fits a quick Friday night of fun really well.

Pretty positive reception, happy to see it <3 :)

3 hours ago, NormalHuman said:

Fun stuff. I like the unorthodox rocket launcher start.

1 hour ago, TheGreenZap said:

I liked it! It was a fun map with fun encounters. I love the addition of the Archvile and rocket launcher.

No lie, the rocket launcher start idea came to me in a dream

13 hours ago, DoomBerry said:

Cool layout but I found it a bit too dark to navigate.

Noted, from the demos I've watched, seems other people had a similar problem

2 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

I did have a rather interesting encounter with the Arch-vile here. Other than that, there's things here but nothing too stressful for now.

I'm always tempted to add difficulty spikes to my maps. But I've found that if I, the map maker, am finding it hard, what chance does someone coming in blind have?

Something I focused on with this map was to use as few monsters as possible to create difficult encounters.

Tight corridors and pinky demon ambushes seemed to work, while mostly avoiding starving the player of ammo.

12 hours ago, ryiron said:

Here's an fda, a cheaty exit with only one key, and a uv-max: frac-ryiron.zip

I fixed the sequence breaks you found, no more wriggling through bars for you >:)

Not much to say here, besides I'm a huge fan of the DKC soundtrack.

Simple level, well done!

9 hours ago, Oxyde said:

Not much to say here, besides I'm a huge fan of the DKC soundtrack.

Simple level, well done!

Thanks! Had been a while since I've actually released something.

DKC OST fits surprisingly well a lot of the time.

9 hours ago, Endless said:

Did a full review on my blog :)

That's awesome, love getting people's thoughts on my maps. I appreciate the time you put into the review.

You have a great writing style, keep it up <3

a sweet and short level, although i'm not normally a DOOM 2 player. encounters aren't hard nor are they easy. the placement of the arch-vile and the number of monster closets are telling of your level's premise. though, i felt that the latter made it very predictable. other than that, i still had fun on this level, and it definitely made my Friday enjoyable.

the placement of the arch-vile and the number of monster closets are telling of your level's premise. though, i felt that the latter made it very predictable.

I didn't realise until you mentioned it, but you're right, there are a lot of monster closets. Which I find odd because I generally try to avoid them.

Glad you had fun. :)