Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomGuy999

What can you get banned for?

You really have to be an asshole enough to get under mods' and admins' skins to get banned quickly.

I just have two warnings: One with one point in late 2017 for preserving troll spam drama and a zero point warning for Rudeness in late 2018. I have learned more and have since bowed out of all that crap I used to watch in read those years back. It's just not worth stressing over nowadays.

Best advice? Think if the post content would be appropriate by thinking "Will this get the mods' attention in a bad way?"

Speaking of Post Hell, I kinda miss having a direct link to it but I have that "doom body allegory" nonsense thread that no sense bookmarked if I want a laugh at that.

this discussion reminds me of when I was banned from Fur-Eh 2023 for outing people that literally admitted to me that they were pedophiles and/or zoophiles

By far and away the funniest user that got banned (in my opinion) was LittleTemple. I still have yet to see anything top that incident.

I don't think I've ever witnessed someone being banned. I mean, I was reading the history

of the the Wads & Development forum from beginning to present for the last several months.

What I saw was some long-time posters who had "banned" under their moniker, what I think

is used as rank on this forum. Didn't know who were actually banned or who just liked having

their rank read banned. Last time I looked at my profile, I had zero warning points so I might

be safe. I'm sure that could depend greatly on how awful my next map file will be though...

On 7/19/2024 at 3:49 PM, Skullzrawk9 said:

By far and away the funniest user that got banned (in my opinion) was LittleTemple. I still have yet to see anything top that incident.

Not banned but BlooditeKrypto “deleted” his account after going out in a blaze of glory after that massive copypasta lol

Thinking white genocide is a thing seems to be a relatively easy way to get yourself booted, as it should. Especially if you're doing it 'cuz you're mad about my member status.

Posted (edited)

The best way to get banned is to make a joke in this forum where being funny is forbidden.

3 hours ago, MF366 said:

The best way to get banned is to make a joke in this forum where being funny is forbidden.

I don't think this is accurate, do you have any examples?

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, MF366 said:

This is LITERALLY the book 'NINTEEN EIGHTY FOUR' ALSO KNOWN as '1984'.

The mods are LITERALLY BIG BROTHER, and I am LITERALLY the MAIN CHARACTER.

PLEASE press LIKE BUTTON if you HATE BIG GOVERNMENT. :(

Edited by Mr Masker

If I can avoid being a fucking idiot long enough to stay here, anyone can. No excuses! 

On 7/8/2024 at 5:44 PM, DoomGuy999 said:

I've looked over the doomworld FAQ but it seems quite outdated, and after getting so many warnings and temporary bans, I want to know of the real rules here. I know I'm taking a great risk by making this thread, but it'd be a shame if I get banned for a while making this. I missed out on wad reviews and play testing for a month. Just say what we can't do, and I think it would help plenty of new users.

In summary. I want to know how to stop getting warnings and not get a warning asking how.

Ok, I've picked up:

Shitposting

Spamming

Explicit Content

Topic Bumping

Rudeness

My 2 cents as a non-moderator who has been on this forum for over 14 years: People get warnings all the time here, and typically it is not that big of a deal. There's no system (as far as I am aware) of a strict number of warnings a person receives for X problem before they get booted. I've been warned before, best thing to do is just acknowledge the warning and move on.

The things you've listed above can all get you warned; getting banned for any of those things probably means the person in question was warned for them repeatedly, likely over a short period of time, and has little reading comprehension or ability to inculcate new information ('I've been warned 6 times this week for spamming, posting hentai and also for necrobumping a 17-year old thread, huh, weird, maybe I'll go post some more hentai'). 

Posted (edited)

I saw someone post a music link from YouTube with explicit content (nudity) but it was a drawing.  This was 2 or 3 days ago, It isn’t there anymore.  Got banned??

Edited by vanilla_d00m

On 7/21/2024 at 2:03 PM, june gloom said:

Thinking white genocide is a thing seems to be a relatively easy way to get yourself booted, as it should. Especially if you're doing it 'cuz you're mad about my member status.

no need to be inflammatory now

Posted (edited)

For calling Doom 2.5D, posting WADs without screenshots, and trying to cancel John Carmack. These are all sins of the Doom Bibble.

11 hours ago, vanilla_d00m said:

I saw someone post a music link from YouTube with explicit content (nudity) but it was a drawing.  This was 2 or 3 days ago, It isn’t there anymore.  Got banned??

Probably not no.

We do remove content and posts as required. Sometimes we issues warnings, other times we just leave it.

13 hours ago, act said:

no need to be inflammatory now

Not tryna be, just relating an observation.

3 minutes ago, june gloom said:

Not tryna be, just relating an observation.

i know. but i want to try my best to preach in this day and age a sense of understanding and to give at least a legitimate chance for tolerance with everyone else - even the intolerant. I've noticed showing intolerance towards the intolerant ironically makes them more intolerant, as in a sense, the intolerance shown to them justifies their own intolerant belief, as it displays to them an apparent futility of tolerance; if they cannot be tolerated, then to them, straight up and down tolerance is a fool's game.

Spoiler

basically what i'm saying is that a good 99% of the people who talk about "white genocide" are really just concerned with mass immigration, but that in it of itself is just a concern with the reasons behind mass immigration and not the act of immigration nor the peoples whom are immigrating; the economy going to shit, and increasingly becoming more in-favour of capital over labour. if you see someone flapping their lips about "white genocide", do your best to say "i get that, but y" until you eventually have them realize the problems aren't really down to something as abstract as culture or ethnicity, but rather about the cold and simple "we are running out of shit to eat." We need as many hands on-board in the coming years, politically speaking, so let's try our best to make our block as large as possible and as on-the-same-page-about-what-the-main-issue-is as possible.