Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTS108

Has anyone else had trouble downloading files from MediaFire lately?

Posted (edited)

Sorry if this is kind of a weird post but I wasn't sure where else I could ask anyone about this, in the last while I've been having trouble downloading some wads that are hosted on MediaFire, no matter what browser I try or seemingly what computer I use too but I haven't seen any help for this, the wad seems to download but then restart right as it hits the end and eventually just stop and tell me to check my internet connection, with Twogers for example the wad seems to download fine for everyone else I talked to, does anyone know what this is? Thanks!

image.png.f488968d2482c79bfabeffe05bb1441b.png

Posted (edited)
On 7/20/2024 at 2:05 PM, NiGHTS108 said:

Sorry if this is kind of a weird post but I wasn't sure where else I could ask anyone about this, in the last while I've been having trouble downloading some wads that are hosted on MediaFire, no matter what browser I try or seemingly what computer I use too but I haven't seen any help for this, the wad seems to download but then restart right as it hits the end and eventually just stop and tell me to check my internet connection, with Twogers for example the wad seems to download fine for everyone else I talked to, does anyone know what this is? Thanks!

image.png.f488968d2482c79bfabeffe05bb1441b.png

Maybe clear your browser cache?

If the current browser you're using is giving you issues, try another one, like MS Edge or Chrome.

God I've always hated using MediaFire...

You need to use an adblocker every time you use it, or else you get a dozen pop ups for random trash. Then I feel like I have to scan the file out of pure paranoia.

Plus it just looks like the kind of site that'll give me some sort of virus, so I  usually don't feel comfortable staying on the page for too long. Any Google Drive, Dropbox or IDGames link is a blessing.

Sorry, rant over.

I used it recently and it worked just like always. Maybe some issue with your ISP? Once my provider had intermittence in the service (I think) and all my downloads failed

Honesly is one of my favorite download pages, it doesnt bother you with a limit or something like that