Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RiviTheWarlock

DARKZONE RC1 | [Boom, Software Renderer]

So happy to finally see this released! I had a lot of fun working with @Muusi's SoftFX resources and seeing what the others came up with has been a blast.

Had a lot of fun with this project.  Inspired some other wads I worked on after as I never heard of SoftFX before.  

Go play this! 

Is SoftFx already included in the wad? If not, is it a requirement?

41 minutes ago, Firedust said:

SoftFX is included.  Its more of a texture and sprite edit.  Still needs a software renderer too make it work though.

1 hour ago, Firedust said:

It's included, I edited the post for clarity

I'm up to map 7 and so far this has been a lovely mapset. The custom brightmaps really allow for seldom-explored design choices—map 5 in particular struck me as something you could only pull off like this.

Attached: successful UV attempts, maps 1-6

DARKZONE_demos.zip

I'm glad to see this finally out. Having made my map at the beginning of development, it was a long wait for sure lol

I think my map was one of the best ones I've made, so I hope people enjoy it :)

I'm only on Map02 and I'm already a fan. I think Doom 4 Vanilla uses a similar trick to achieve its glowy bits, but this mapset brings the look to the fore and the results I've seen so far are among the better-looking techbases I've ever seen.

Also, you have my heartfelt congratulations on managing to make Doom 2's pain elemental look kind of slightly sort of halfway almost scary.

Gotta fix the blue key secret in MAP12. I got in and there was no way to head back out.

(and make the waiting times shorter for these arena fights)

I'm up to Map12. Like NuMetalManiak, I also got soft-locked in the room with the blue card and had to noclip out of it.

Give your graphic lumps a pass to ensure none of them have bright pixels where unintended. The Cyberdemon and yellow skull key sprites, for example.

I'm having fun, though. Solid map design, and I'm personally finding the combat to be challenging but not overwhelming, which is a good place to be at on UV.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Perfect Bear said:

I'm up to Map12. Like NuMetalManiak, I also got soft-locked in the room with the blue card and had to noclip out of it.

Give your graphic lumps a pass to ensure none of them have bright pixels where unintended. The Cyberdemon and yellow skull key sprites, for example.

I'm having fun, though. Solid map design, and I'm personally finding the combat to be challenging but not overwhelming, which is a good place to be at on UV.

What port are you guys playing in? I haven't had this issue softlock during testing, maybe something broke along the way

1 hour ago, Perfect Bear said:

18 hours ago, NuMetalManiak said:

Gotta fix the blue key secret in MAP12. I got in and there was no way to head back out.

(and make the waiting times shorter for these arena fights)

Sorry about the softlock in m12, no idea how I managed to add a switch texture but forget to add the action itself :P

I've made a fix, so hopefully it should be included in the next update. I hope you enjoyed the map outside of that :)

Hotfixed, still keeping it on RC1 for now, but the download link has been updated with the new version with MAP12 fixes.

enjoyed it a toot took a week to almost finish it

i dont like starting active tech bases with darkness but later maps are great so as fights

my fdsas uv maxes and fail attempt of all maps skipping very hard slaughter maps

prboom cl9 uv iddt used New folder.zip