Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
compsar

barn-raising: open iwad project.....again

Posted (edited)

hi guys ,i have a idea to make a wad mod whit BSD content whit different sprites,music,sounds,maps,etc of free content; and no using any source from doom or freedoom,  with textures and things derived from the originals but different, and that all this content can be used freely; I have planned to make a discord server oh something like that so you can stay updated on the project or support the project sending me textures, sprites, help, give ideas, etc.

For now the project is called: open DOOMAIN

weird name.....i know :P          if you can suggest a better name please do it (0_0)

Note:this mod is not related to freedoom, We can only use freedom build tools, but not materials freedoom/doom (example only), if you want to support freedoom you can join their discord

Posted (edited)

First of all, wrong forum. You want the Total Conversions forum.

Second, given your other thread and low post count, I think you're probably very new at this, and a total conversion is far too ambitious for a first major project.

Third, the guidelines and requirements are pretty vague. It's also not the job of other people to send you textures and sprites. Even if you get lucky and some do send stuff, that's still not great, because without a theme in mind, you could get a random hodgepodge of textures and sprites of varying quality and theme which don't work together.

Fourth, the sloppy formatting, spelling, and the meandering run-on sentence does not inspire confidence. I suggest starting smaller and slower.

Edited by Stabbey

Posted (edited)

To create a new IWAD you can use Nash's MyStandaloneGame 

Spoiler

UEDKGNU.png

Then fill it with the new resources.

The less ambitous route would be to create a PWAD with your new resources

Edited by Kappes Buur

What is the point?

What purpose would it serve that is not already served by Freedoom?