Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DSC

what the fuck is even the world we live in anymore

This is not a shitpost BTW. You can google it yourself if you want.

image.png.e1c64da9d3fd5a003d21e3b333da0a40.png

People think hell is like what is shown in the Doom games. No, my friends... THIS is what hell truly looks like.

Yeaaaahhhh.

Not that bothered, to be honest, I haven't interacted with it before and now I will just have more shit to easily avoid.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RataUnderground said:

For some reason, I find more worrisome the rise of fascism in western countries, the war in Ukraine, the Palestinian genocide, the genocide in Uganda, the exponential worsening of the climate crisis partially fueled by the artificial intelligence boom, and other minutiae.

Yes. And i don't forget the rise of the Extreme Right recently in Europe (Italy, Hungary, Poland, the Netherlands) and especially in France (The RN) during the last legislative elections. We've got to take care in 2027 during the presidential elections. I think it's gonna be hot and one more time very worrying. I don't know if we're able to talk about this in a thread but, to keep it short, i will presume that we are not under cover a civil war if the country will be divided between two extreme political parties. 

Edited by P_A_Z

2 minutes ago, RataUnderground said:

For some reason, I find more worrisome the rise of fascism in western countries, the war in Ukraine, the Palestinian genocide, the genocide in Uganda, the exponential worsening of the climate crisis partially fueled by the artificial intelligence boom, and other minutiae.

All those things are linked together.

The broligarchs which are behind the AI boom and, before, the crypto boom, are also behind climate denialism and the rise of fascism in western countries, and they support fascist regimes, advocating for appeasement towards russia by coercing Ukrainian capitulation.

The fascist dictatorships like russia, iran, china, and north korea also support the broligarchs as they need crypto for money transfers that escape Western sanctions, and they need AI to flood the Internet with bots spouting their post-truth bullshit.

And fascism always supports and incites genocide everywhere, as fascism is always built upon the idea that The Other is responsible for all ills, and so eliminating The Other will be how a golden age is reached.

1 hour ago, DSC said:

image.png.e1c64da9d3fd5a003d21e3b333da0a40.png

People think hell is like what is shown in the Doom games. No, my friends... THIS is what hell truly looks like.

whaddya mean by hell? This is literally heaven my friend. Skibidi toilet is peak entertainment (not sarcasm btw).

People keep saying that gen alpha had massive brain rot, but forgot that they used to watch content like these (remember MLG? DUDE OMG MOM GET THE CAMERA!!!11! MOKE WEED 420420420 GET REKT XDDDDD)

also, I agree with others that this is pretty small compared to what's happening recently. Like a skibidi toilet movie? sure I'll watch that, rate it 9/10, and then move on.

The closest thing we're gonna get to a Half Life movie 

"Hollywood is dead and buried" - People in 1944 1954 1964 1974 1984 1994 2004 2014 2024

If this is your breaking point and thinking we're in hell, you're either one blessed or a closeted individual.

2 minutes ago, Amaruψ said:

If this is your breaking point and thinking we're in hell, you're either one blessed or a closeted individual.

People just kinda tend to forget the Real Dumb Internet Shit they were into as kids, because that stuff was good and funny and correct. Not like the stuff the kids are going nuts over nowadays.

Just now, Kinsie said:

People just kinda tend to forget the Real Dumb Internet Shit they were into as kids, because that stuff was good and funny and correct. Not like the stuff the kids are going nuts over nowadays.

I remember watching some random crap back in the day that I used to find funny but now, it's cringeworthy. I used to love watching Stevie Terryberry or whatever the fuck his name was. Yes I'm disappointed in my younger self, and these jokes nowadays aren't even in the same leagues of cringe that we used to watch x)

Also, if you wanna complain about Dumb Internet Shit getting big-budget adaptations out of nowhere, remember that there was a short-lived sitcom adaption of a gimmick Twitter account called Shit My Dad Says starring the bloke from Star Trek. There was probably earlier, and there's almost certainly been dumber.

skibidi dop dop dop yes yes yes

Idk, I’m not taking this movie being made seriously, there’s other things to be worried about than this of all things

5 hours ago, RataUnderground said:

genocide in uganda? are you confusing uganda with sudan, or did i miss more horrific atrocities to the south of them?

Just now, Kinsie said:

Also, if you wanna complain about Dumb Internet Shit getting big-budget adaptations out of nowhere, remember that there was a short-lived sitcom adaption of a gimmick Twitter account called Shit My Dad Says starring the bloke from Star Trek. There was probably earlier, and there's almost certainly been dumber.

Remember the emoji movie?

Idk, people call the current memes brainrot when even earlier eras of the internet had their own brainrot like the YouTube Poops, The Dank MLG era, etc.

3 minutes ago, VoanHead said:

Remember the emoji movie?

Starring Sir Patrick Stewart as a big ol' turd.

1 minute ago, Naarok0fkor said:

This thread isn't Doom-related...

I mean, it's the 'Everything Else' subforum, but sure.

Though it's got its fair share of doomposting in it.

Threads in Everything Else are, understandably, not about Doom. And as much as I think this thread is a bit silly and over-reactionary, there's been far dumber.

So, in short, and at great risk of showing my age:

5 hours ago, RataUnderground said:

I'll be honest, I was being hyperbolic on purpose because of just how weird, stupid and nonsensical skibidi toilet is to me (altough as others have pointed out, there has been the same kind of shit in the internet of yesteryear, I just forgot about it). I wasn't really worried about it, I joked about the advent of zoomer brainrot (and I'm a zoomer myself) but at the end of the day I can just ignore a stupid movie and scroll past it if I want. I'm fully aware there is far worse shit going on this world.  But then reading your comment... Made me just feel like a fucking idiot. I swear I care about that stuff too, but sometimes reality can be so overwhelming, I can't help myself but to do things like shitting on skibidi to cope with it. And if I couldn't, then maybe I would go insane for real.

48 minutes ago, Amaruψ said:

I'm not that naive, I've seen/read my fair share of some truly disturbing shit. I know it's harder to perceive it through text, but did I genuinely come across as a complete lunatic?

the more people it pisses off, the better.

also this is a great dork detector, because imagine having enough time to get mad at a tv show that hasn't even happened yet lol

1 hour ago, roadworx said:

genocide in uganda? are you confusing uganda with sudan, or did i miss more horrific atrocities to the south of them?

Sorry, I confused them. Too many genocides lately.