Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JeffAri

What's a relatively unknown band that you're a fan of?

Posted (edited)

This is just a topic to tell people about bands that you are fan of that aren't really that well known, whether they are just kinda unknown to only known by a handful of people, 

I'll start

A band that I have been getting into recently is The Devilz Work, a metal band that you might know about if you're an avid fan of Doomkid, since he was a guitarist in the band and has made some midi versions of the band's songs, most notably the song featured below has a midi version of it that was used as Map10 in the Plutiona Midi Pack (among a couple Doomkid maps as well) He also released a wad in 2014 named after the band

I found about this band back in Summer of 2021 during a short period of time where was a little obsessed with Doomkid and stumbled upon the band's youtube page but I didn't really check out their music until recently and quite enjoyed it :3

Here are some other songs by them that I personally like:

Edited by JeffAri

I guess, Clinic? Defining "relatively unknown" is a little bit difficult. Like I wouldn't put Melvins and Swans in that category but maybe Cult of Luna or Tortoise.

2 hours ago, vanilla_d00m said:

ngl based on the band logo I thought it would be a rock song or something like that so I didn't really expect a pretty calm instrumental song, definitely don't hate it though :3  

Inferno (psychedelic black metal): 

Kings of Convenience (folk): 

Cephalic Carnage (deathgrind):

Look Mexico (midwestern emo/math rock):

Zavod.

I found their song Da ili njet by looking up a fictional Rammstein song title, which brought up a video with the former song under the latter title. A funny occurrence that led to my discovery of this album, which I think is amazing:

Posted (edited)

These aren't too unkown but here

Steel Pole Bath Tub

The Aquabats

They Might Be Giants

The Growlers

Edited by Inconspicuousss

I have to say the christian metal band called Demon Hunter. Funny story about this band, a friend of mine back in the day was listing to them and told me i should check them out. Years went by and i totally forgot about them until a few months ago when i was on the hunt for some new music for my playlist.

This song is really good and haunting at the same time, this is from there debut album from 2002. Bonus fact: There from Seattle Washington (i'm from Eastern Washington State by the way).

1 hour ago, Matthias said:

Poets of the Fall

I'd wager they're quite well known nowadays, but only under the name "Old Gods of Asgard."

3 minutes ago, Scuba Steve said:

I'd wager they're quite well known nowadays, but only under the name "Old Gods of Asgard."

That's was a side project.

Fun, Catchy death metal that doesn't get anywhere near enough love:

Harsh, aggressive, industrial rap metal:

Just a good Hip Hop group that gives me Brockhampton vibes but with more genre experimentation:

Posted (edited)

Back from when I were a wee lad.

Saw them many times in the local pub.  I had a cassette of theirs, that is long gone. And after about 25 years I eventually got it on CD! 

2 hours ago, smeghammer said:

Back from when I were a wee lad.

Saw them many times in the local pub.  I had a cassette of theirs, that is long gone. And after about 25 years I eventually got it on CD! 

Quintessential NWOBHM sound with an unexpectedly-welcome uke - bit of a treasure, this.

Posted (edited)

Король и Шут (Korol i Shut)

Drab Majesty

She Past Away

Nurnberg

Черниковская Хата

Molchat Doma

Moi Dix Mois

Boy Harsher 

Lasgo

Taucher

Vector Lovers

Burial

Boards Of Canada

Autechre

Aphex Twin

Tipper

Fraunhofer Diffraction

Tzolk'in

This Morn' Omina

Na-Hag

Imminent

Converter

Mono Amine

W.A.S.T.E.

Blastromen

Mark TDK (Duke Nukem Total Meltdown PSX Ost worshippy.gif )

Gridlock

Tapage

Somatic Responses

Xanopticon

Velvet Acid Christ

Charanjit Singh 

I know, I've always had awesome taste in music.

8 hours ago, Daytime Waitress said:

Quintessential NWOBHM sound with an unexpectedly-welcome uke - bit of a treasure, this.

Yeah, they were great! Shame they never became bigger. They were kind of like Jethro Tull on steroids. They also used an electric violin iirc. 

I'm partial to all those old Zamrock bands from the 70s/80s

Spoiler

Then there also was this lebanese rock group that seems inspired by then-current british rock: