Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eviternatus098

BLOOD and METAL community project, MBF21 comp, Co-op and singleplayer. LZdoom exclusive difficulty: Unholy massacre compatibility! Deadline: Jan 1 2025 (longer if necessary)

Posted (edited)

BLOOD AND METAL COMMUNITY PROJECT

This is my first community project and I am around an intermediate level (barely) mapper.

The megawad will have 3 main themes, It will be co-op compatible AND Support unholy massacre (The LZdoom exclusive difficulty) . There is no limit to how many maps there are, just post 'em! 

You need to include:

• player starts for co-op and deathmatch
  • Extra weapons, ammo etc for co-op
  • Capability for The unholy massacre! difficulty (LZdoom exclusive)

Deadline: Jan 1 2025.

resources: Use classic DOOM2/DOOM textures or OTEX.

Post your maps here or the discord.

Link to the discord: https://discord.gg/kFS42482

Map theme choices:

1.Metal/techbase 

2.Medieval/marble. 

3.Flesh and blood/brutalistic 

Resources: Otex texture pack (recommended) : https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/graphics/otex_1_1

Source ports: Mbf21 compatible source ports such as GZdoom and dsda doom. (LZdoom is recommended however)

Uses MBF21 mapping format.

Current maps:

MAP01: "UAC Bloodbank" By @Eviternatus098 (WIP)

MAP10: "MAP NAME IS WIP" By @Eviternatus098 (WIP)

my old maps:

Spoiler

My past maps: Download the mapset they were featured in here= https://ramp2024.doomproject.com/download.php

RAMP 2024: Map111 Interstellar attack

RAMP 2024: Map131 Recondite (a joke  map)

RAMP 2024: MAp152 Totally normal techbase...

Early maps (unreleased)

https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1Qm4tu0wrV0cN4HrN6kE5CUpjYQmCi0zT

Beta maps: (for different wads) https://drive.google.com/drive/u/2/folders/1GWv6GTjpnzxifdeKrqJW5Bx6e4sS14CY

Edited by Eviternatus098

Posted (edited)

Looks like to be a nice project, good luck with It! Some question before:

Why people need to mail you for the new monsters? That's a odd imo... It gaves me strong 90s vibes for some reasons...

Also, why people can't upload their maps in the thread instead of mailing?

Posted (edited)

This sounds very generic. What format are the maps to be made in? And as Walter said, why use email? You could easily communicate through here or discord. On another note, I'd love to play some of your maps and see what you like. Can you post them here?

Edited by DoomGappy

How many community projects have you participated in? This advice may not go down well, but I'd say to get a feel for how community projects work before starting your own; you've not specified any kind of theme/restrictions, there's no target source port/mapping standard (e.g. vanilla, limit-removing, BOOM, MBF21, UDMF et al) and you've listed a vanillaesque 32 map slots (which has very much been decided as an unwise idea for such projects what with UMAPINFO's flexibility and all) -- notwithstanding your listing of the (vanilla) episodes is a little wrong, DOOM II's second episode (or sky) starts at MAP12.

Not saying you shouldn't do this, saying you'd benefit from a bit more experience before you did.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Jayextee said:

How many community projects have you participated in? This advice may not go down well, but I'd say to get a feel for how community projects work before starting your own; you've not specified any kind of theme/restrictions, there's no target source port/mapping standard (e.g. vanilla, limit-removing, BOOM, MBF21, UDMF et al) and you've listed a vanillaesque 32 map slots (which has very much been decided as an unwise idea for such projects what with UMAPINFO's flexibility and all) -- notwithstanding your listing of the (vanilla) episodes is a little wrong, DOOM II's second episode (or sky) starts at MAP12.

Not saying you shouldn't do this, saying you'd benefit from a bit more experience before you did.

I was thinking of making an entire secret episode (Maps 31 to 40) And I will do that now. I also can't stand episodes not being five or ten levels long (I have problems with that kinda stuff) And nearly every map will have a unique sky preferably so I'll be using Mapinfo for that anyway. It was going to be MBF21 compatible from the start but I forgot to write it in. I have also been in one community project (yes, just one) it was Ramp 2024. I also just want to make a community project and If it doesn't get many maps that's fine.

Edited by Eviternatus098

9 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Looks like to be a nice project, good luck with It! Some question before:

Why people need to mail you for the new monsters? That's a odd imo... It gaves me strong 90s vibes for some reasons...

Also, why people can't upload their maps in the thread instead of mailing?

I've updated all that and made it way easier, Thanks for the advice.

2 hours ago, Eviternatus098 said:

I've updated all that and made it way easier, Thanks for the advice.

You're welcome! Also, what do you mean by the map proficiency factor? This part here:

13 hours ago, Eviternatus098 said:

Your mapping proficiency

1: Can draw in the editor, use specials/linedef triggers and/or sector actionsand understand the map builder.

2: Same as one but better.

3: Same as 2 but you can make good detailing and have made several maps (released or unrealesed) that work properly.

4: Same as 3 but you can script, put together a wad in Slade and create well designed fights with smart use of triggers.

5: Same as 4 but you have been in a project before or hosted your own project.

6: You have made something as good as Eviternity or sunlust.

I get all the points but i don't clearly understand point 4 and 5.

For example, i feel to be in a spectrum between 4 and 5, because i hosted and made community projects maps from quite very long time, as well as "put togheter a WAD in Slade" (what does that mean btw? That i can add graphics, music, sounds, etc. in a WAD? Or that i can build a map in Slade? If it's for the first i can do that egregiously), but i don't really know how to create interesting fights with line triggers imo, as well as having only a basic experience (for my point of view) with scripted actions in Boom/MBF21 via voodoo dolls or line actions...

11 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

I get all the points but i don't clearly understand point 4 and 5.

For example, i feel to be in a spectrum between 4 and 5, because i hosted and made community projects maps from quite very long time, as well as "put togheter a WAD in Slade" (what does that mean btw? That i can add graphics, music, sounds, etc. in a WAD? Or that i can build a map in Slade? If it's for the first i can do that egregiously), but i don't really know how to create interesting fights with line triggers imo, as well as having only a basic experience (for my point of view) with scripted actions in Boom/MBF21 via voodoo dolls or line actions...

4 Just means that yes, you can add all the necessary files etc, not map in slade necessarily. So just say 4.5 or something. (it is entirely optional however)

10 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

You know what? Sign me in, i like the tech-fleshy theme!

Nice, Post as many maps as you like.

Posted (edited)

Question: Does anybody want to test the maps, if so i'll give the map files. (Maps are WIP so on't expect much yet)

Edited by Eviternatus098

1 hour ago, Eviternatus098 said:

Commenting to keep the thread alive.

The forum software here does not prune threads and thus you don't need to do this, and are typically encouraged not to.

This project sounds very...ambitious.

The rules are literally: “be a good mapper and know how to make maps well!”.

I wonder how much this will turn off people who don't consider themselves "worthy enough"