Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTS108

The Nights Cut: An easy to access compilation of my RAMP 2024 maps (plus some bonuses!) [Boom, 5 maps, now on IdGames]

Posted (edited)

I made some maps for RAMP 2024. That project came out literally about an hour ago. Initially, going into the project I was fairly fond of the """joke""" of some of my (Most often a Vanilla/Boom/MBF21 mapper) maps permanently being both unplayable on any source port other than GZDoom, and attached to an over half a gigabyte large PK3 of all things. I then accidentally made a map that I liked too much to commit to the joke, so here's a version of all of my maps for RAMP 2024 you can not only play on any Boom-compatible source port, but also for a much smaller file size! Enjoy!

A.png.6b3a4f1867643f488123c010af7bc4ec.pngB.png.436db370841c91ae5453242896705ab4.pngC.png.549e247e1df6d0029abf944bd063cdfe.png

MAP LIST:

Spoiler

MAP01: Phobos Facility
MAP02: I Had A Really Funny Idea That I'd Make A Map With Some Corny Name About How I Was Only Submitting To Get My Maps On Doomwiki Since Seemingly Like Every RAMP Contributor Gets On There But Then I Both Got A Doomwiki Page And Only Thought Of This Idea After Obtaining The Aforementioned Doomwiki Page (Also Called 32 Steps For Getting Into Heaven Also Called The Chasm II Also Called Oku's Resurrection Also Called Getting Over It With NiGHTS108)
MAP03: Anti-Static III: Revenge Of The Moving

Additionally, this wad features two map remixes not present in RAMP 2024...
MAP31: I Had A Really Funny Idea... you get the picture (Fullbright Edition)
Removes the strobing effect on the steps. I thought it looked really cool but when you're actually climbing the stairs it's a bit of an eyesore I must admit.
MAP32: Anti-Static III: Revenge Of The Moving (Abridged Remix)
Skips the opening segment of the map. On one hand, I like it because it's kind of a reference to the original starting room in the Anti-Static from Hell Revealed II, but on the other, it is kind of RNG-y and annoying. Otherwise gameplay is almost exactly the same. Speaking personally, I'd have more fun recording a demo of this version of the map. Oh, and gives the map a City In The Clouds-ish reskin, just for fun. :)

(Oh, and if you're wondering about my collab map, MAP203: The Dark Trial, that's UDMF and I barely did anything on that map anyway, just some rather minor detailing.) 

CREDIT:

Literally just two skies and a texture from Hell Revealed, and of course special thanks to DavidN for making RAMP 2024, and inadvertently, these maps, a thing :) (You can see the music credit when I upload to IdGames)

DOWNLOAD: 

IdGames

Edited by NiGHTS108

This wad was... interesting. 

I've nothing else to say except that we have a huge "Final Fantasy VII" fan.