Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtimZarr1

Doom Eternal Mod Support Added

Posted (edited)

I posted the source code for the tool I made, it just converts the geometry from Doom 3 maps right now(if you load up quake 3 maps into doom 3, save it out, you can import Quake 3 maps that way too) and I need to check the scale and a fix couple bugs then ill move on to textures/m2(materials)

1 hour ago, icecoldduke said:

I posted the source code for the tool I made, it just converts the geometry from Doom 3 maps right now(if you load up quake 3 maps into doom 3, save it out, you can import Quake 3 maps that way too) and I need to check the scale and a fix couple bugs then ill move on to textures/m2(materials)

That's incredible! Looking forward to experimenting with this.

23 hours ago, icecoldduke said:

Man, this is insane. It's kinda absurd though how tiny DOOM 3's maps actually are when they're inserted into a game like Eternal.

A user under the YouTube channel name Microwaved Bunny is recreating Super Mario 64's Bob-Omb Battlefield on Eternal.

Thanks for the shoutouts @taufan99 and thanks to Justin for those tutorials!!!! I wonder when Bob-Omb Battlefield will be available, can't see it on mod browser!

If you can port maps from Doom3 to this game, can you port maps from the Slayers testaments mod, which is based on the Quake port? I think there are programs for converting maps from quake to doom3.
Slayers testaments has a huge number of cool maps that would be maps for Doom eternal if the modding tools were released with the game, and not just now.

32 minutes ago, Eyef said:

If you can port maps from Doom3 to this game, can you port maps from the Slayers testaments mod, which is based on the Quake port? I think there are programs for converting maps from quake to doom3.
Slayers testaments has a huge number of cool maps that would be maps for Doom eternal if the modding tools were released with the game, and not just now.

RBDOOM-3-BFG has a custom TrenchBroom build tailored for DOOM 3 specifically (although I don't know if anyone in the DOOM 3 community actually uses it apart from GtkRadiant, as I'm unfamiliar with the entry). As for Slayer's Testaments maps, however, I think it'd be a bit more complicated. Maps need to be saved as Quake 3 maps first, then converted to Doom 3 map format before eventually being converted to Doom Eternal map format.

Posted (edited)

Small Mod i am working on.  I need to find more parts of the gore to make it work 100%, such as the blood sprays, decals, internal gore (chainsaw/crucible), feedback effects and other blood droplets. There is A LOT i have to edit.

Hell Knights Bleed Green!

greenhk2.jpg.61c7f1ef8a820cb9ebf7d02ba73efa59.jpg

EDIT:  Also going to do the same for the Guardian.  Also note that the Barons of Hell in DE are of the Fireborne breed and will remain as such.  If I add the normal Baron (through reskinning or porting 2016 model), i will also make them bleed green.

Anyone got suggestions on finding additional resources beyond the id studio site? It covers the basics well enough, but without any campaign or mp levels included to reference, I'm left scratching my head as to how a lot of basic stuff is achieved.  eg. setting up an encounter, or spawning enemies is straight forward, but how do teleport in FX?

Gamrman420 is also writing a tool converting Quake .map files into Doom Eternal id Studio format.

Description:

EDIT: I fixed the weird light reflections in the released version!

This is a rough draft of the textured version of e1m1, It converts a quake .map file to a doom eternal .map file. I made a script that added all the .decl files with the correct texture information (Once i get it to a usuable state I'll upload that too)
Problems:
1) It can't read entities yet, so the doors/other non world brushes don't appear
2) all of the textures have a white texture for the specular map and it causes everything to be shiny.
3) Some of the offsets of the brush textures are off, when you move a brush in quake, the texture moves with it.I have to figure out how to manually calculate that offset

I really like where this is going.

1 hour ago, bkt said:

Anyone got suggestions on finding additional resources beyond the id studio site? It covers the basics well enough, but without any campaign or mp levels included to reference, I'm left scratching my head as to how a lot of basic stuff is achieved.  eg. setting up an encounter, or spawning enemies is straight forward, but how do teleport in FX?

Ahhhhh, I didn't notice the campaign and some tutorial assets were included as asset packs via the launcher. 

Ok, now the reverse engineering can begin in earnest! 

image.png.896ba306b586aab6e6961d181677fd42.png

Posted (edited)

I don’t have Doom Eternal, but I’m curious about the engine. Is there an uncompressed map format for Doom Eternal like .VMF files for the Source engine? If so, how is it structured?
image.png.552542e7982e4e2cf3960b9f22d56beb.png

one thing I hope is either addressed by id or eternals modding community themselves but I really hope the mod injector gets updated to work with the newer update. having to log in for this games new modding is a detriment for wanting to just play the game if you don't have internet, had an internet short out last night. having the mod injector as an offline backup for loading the game in with mods is definitely something they should consider and not put all they're eggs in 1 basket.

I'd like to know if someone tested the limits of Doom Eternal engine? To recreate original doom levels, engine should handle open spaces well. And what about enemy count, can it support at least 50 enemies at once? Or load 200-300 enemies at the beginning of level?

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, AvalonLT said:

I'd like to know if someone tested the limits of Doom Eternal engine? To recreate original doom levels, engine should handle open spaces well. And what about enemy count, can it support at least 50 enemies at once? Or load 200-300 enemies at the beginning of level?

I haven't seen anyone stress test the games enemy counts yet but @ShadesMaster has been working on a dead simple port, and someone has ported e1m1 from quake

13 hours ago, AvalonLT said:

Modern engines rarely pass 10 active AIs, DOOM has a limit of 24, but that's an 8 year old game. Maybe Doom Eternal can support more, but would anyone want to keep their mods only for the people that have a very high-end computer?

As for ShadesMaster's Dead Simple, why is it so small? Doom Eternal has a weird sense of proportion to it, the player has more or less the same size as DOOM, but if you stay side by side with a Hell Knight the Eternal one does look smaller.

Posted (edited)

I've read about others installing Doom Eternal on their C drive and idStudio on an external drive, so I opted to do this to save space on my C drive. But now I'm getting the problem that:

• The Doom Eternal Launcher says that I don't have idStudio installed, even though I clearly have it installed on Steam and it opens separately when I click on it, and the Launcher won't let me browse to tell it where idStudio is installed.
  • When I try to move the idStudio installation over to drive C, it won't let me because it says idStudio already exists on drive C, even though it clearly doesn't (I've checked the relevant subfolders on Steam, it's not in there, but Steam says that it is there).
  • I can use idStudio but can't install Asset Packs. Also, when I customise the default directories in the Doom Eternal Launcher, because it can't communicate with idStudio the changes don't carry across and so in idStudio my working directory is stuck on the default sub-sub-sub-subdirectory of Documents in my user name folder which is ~50 characters long, as opposed to the recommended <= 16 characters, and so some files don't load correctly.

I'm raising this here because I can't find a way to raise this through the official channels. Both Bethesda's site and Steam will only let me choose from a list of commonly asked questions or problems, none of which are relevant, or ask for a refund.

Has anyone else been getting these sort of issues?

Edited by ENEMY!!!

Posted (edited)

Apologies for the double post but I did eventually manage to get it sorted without having to re-download all 102 GB of idStudio again, and hope that this info might help some people. It seems that DOOM Eternal launcher may in some cases be unable to detect idStudio if it's installed on a different drive to DOOM Eternal, because once I managed to get it copied over to my C drive, it picked it up.

And when Steam was telling me that "idStudio already exists", contrary to what the error message says, it's actually checking for the existence of the DOOMEternal folder inside steamapps, not the idStudio subfolder, so it was actually my existing DOOM Eternal installation that was blocking it. Thus, I had to rename the existing DOOMEternal folder to something else, then move idStudio across to C:/, and then move the contents of DOOM Eternal back into the new DOOMEternal folder that it created.

On 8/13/2024 at 5:28 PM, taufan99 said:

Gamrman420 is also writing a tool converting Quake .map files into Doom Eternal id Studio format.

I hope someone make a tool for goldsrc or even source maps too. I've always wanted to see the doomguy handle the Black Mesa incident.

Uploaded the first mod i ever made not counting GZDoom stuff.  I dont see myself stopping any time soon.

HKgreen.png.94ee6b715cef3b67c62ff7010c030899.png

Posted (edited)

Although I was unable to get idStudio to communicate with the Doom Eternal Launcher off an external hard drive, I've found that putting asset packs on an external hard drive works fine, which is handy as I don't have much extra space left on drive C. It looks to me like the asset packs will be particularly useful for creating detailed maps or multi-map campaigns because they come with a ton of extra models and kits with proper collision meshes, reducing the need for complex brushwork or creating custom models. For gameplay mods and the likes they will probably be less worth the considerable space they take up.

I tried out ShadesMaster's remake of Dead Simple, I died about 20 times in quick succession before I worked out a good game plan for beating the Mancubi, but generally I was impressed by how well the Doom Eternal gameplay style carried across to Dead Simple, and by the amount of detail in the map as well.

Here's the released version of the Bob-Omb Battlefield map, complete with an Eternal-esque rendition of the level's song that caught me off-guard.

And yes, even the author admitted it's rather unbalanced, and eventually they'll release a more balanced version of it.

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, taufan99 said:

Here's the released version of the Bob-Omb Battlefield map, complete with an Eternal-esque rendition of the level's song that caught me off-guard.

And yes, even the author admitted it's rather unbalanced, and eventually they'll release a more balanced version of it.

Balance be damned, it gives me the warm fuzzies to see a AAA game released in the last decade have this kind of all out mod support.

Even if the scene stays niche, at least for a while, I can see some amazing stuff coming out of these tools given time.

Hell, how many years down the line we could be seeing Doom 3 Phobos sized mods for this.

DOOM's E1M1 has finally made it to Eternal!

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, taufan99 said:

DOOM's E1M1 has finally made it to Eternal!

I can't wait to see what people come up with in the future considering how quickly some have gotten the hang of these level editing tools. Like, this could've just been a straight port of the original map, but this is a full-on remake in Eternal's visual style and it looks fantastic despite the SDK being out for less than two weeks.

1 hour ago, chemo said:

I can't wait to see what people come up with in the future considering how quickly some have gotten the hang of these level editing tools. Like, this could've just been a straight port of the original map, but this is a full-on remake in Eternal's visual style and it looks fantastic despite the SDK being out for less than two weeks.

Honestly, it’s promising that works like this are already coming out.

Who knows before we get something on the same scale and scope as Doom 3: Phobos?

Has anyone tried running idStudio using a 13th/14th gen Intel K CPU?

My home PC can't run the editor properly, and I all I can think of is that it's to do with the E-cores on the CPU.  Wondering if anyone else is having issues like me, or if they've figured out a solution having run into them.

2 idea of mods

- make the demon telepoter green like in the og doom 

- I never like the berserk powerup in Doom 2016 and Eternal, it would be better if it gave to you infinite blood punch in a short period of time 

Found yet another id Studio tutorial videos by a Russian user FaDa.

Posted (edited)

Done with my Green Blooded Hellknights.  I had some seriously uploading issues so I had to remove my older version(s) from the library and repost them. 

Anyways, next up... Elemental Cacodemons!  Here is the first sneak peak of 5 new custom cacodemons.  Inspired by my mini paintings.  Lots more to do obviously since right now its just a simple recolor.  I need to add elemental textures and properties.

etKCTJy.jpeg

sKVqnQY.jpeg

qEQDo5q.jpeg

Edited by Zemini