Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted (edited)

Download: https://fastupload.io/0c3402936dbee298

Source port: must support MBF21 and be able to run LoR of course.

Resources: DOOM2.wad and id1.wad
"Legacy of Dust" is a single map WAD for the new "Legacy of Rust".
(I wonder what's the first ever fan-made map for LoR).

Screenshots:

Spoiler

1100x800_cropped.jpg

1100x800_cropped.jpg

1100x800_cropped.jpg

1100x800_cropped.jpg

Edited by rostuhan

Posted (edited)

The end times are upon us lmao lmao

But in all seriousness: can you outline which wads we need to actually run this map? there are 4 LoR wads that come with Doom+Doom2 and I went thru all 4 of them before stumbling into the right combination

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Bald Cyberdemon said:

The end times are upon us lmao lmao

But in all seriousness: can you outline which wads we need to actually run this map? there are 4 LoR wads that come with Doom+Doom2 and I went thru all 4 of them before stumbling into the right combination

Should be Doom 2 + id1.

3 minutes ago, rostuhan said:

Should be Doom 2 + id1.

I apologise, It turned out that I had my load order wrong so it was loading in Scar Gate instead of your map

I still think that you should outilne what wad you'll need in the OP between id1.wad, id24res.wad, id1-res.wad and id1-weap.wad, just for clarification

26 minutes ago, Bald Cyberdemon said:

I apologise, It turned out that I had my load order wrong so it was loading in Scar Gate instead of your map

I still think that you should outilne what wad you'll need in the OP between id1.wad, id24res.wad, id1-res.wad and id1-weap.wad, just for clarification

It's alright, I outlined that in the "resources" part.

Speaking of dust, I've just spent my morning playing a bunch of early '90s Doom 1 user maps. Now this level, and it fits quite well...

Ok, maybe it's kind of a bland map.....but if you really like feeling you're constantly out of bullets, this is almost as perfectly balanced as they come and there are some surprisingly clever uses of all the Legacy of Rust monsters (no vanilla Doom enemies, sorry) A few things:  the backtracking from the first key is obnoxiously long, D_RUNNIN does NOT belong anywhere near a Legacy of Rust map (or that might be an old-version nugget doom behavior and this complaint is meaningless) and finally, I found the Vissagos down the stairs to be frankly in an unfair position, and perhaps ammo near where that massive group of Lost Souls attack could be increased just a tad. Good job though overall!