Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted (edited)

It's just a vanilla-compatible mod that (hopefully) takes every Super Shotgun out of Doom 2 and replaces it with the regular shotgun. Probably not perfect because I whipped this together in UDB in like, an hour or so at 2 AM. SSG can still be accessed via cheats. Please have mercy I've never posted to Doomworld before-

[LINK REMOVED]

preview.png

screenie2.png

Edited by Obsidian : Removed file containing IWAD levels.

Welcome to the forums! We generally try to avoid sharing IWAD material on here so I will have to nix your download link, but to compensate I made a very quick mod using DeHackEd that replaces the SSG pickup with the regular shotgun: just load it up alongside your wad of choice and you're off to the proverbial races.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Obsidian said:

Welcome to the forums! We generally try to avoid sharing IWAD material on here so I will have to nix your download link, but to compensate I made a very quick mod using DeHackEd that replaces the SSG pickup with the regular shotgun: just load it up alongside your wad of choice and you're off to the proverbial races.

uh. wow. okay. that works. guess i don't need this anymore huh. i tried to avoid making it an iwad and thought i did. guess i still failed lmao

Hey, don't be too hard on yourself: you're new here and you're figuring out what you can do and what works, it's all good. Don't be afraid to ask around if there's stuff you wanna know. 👍

is there a comprehensive reference list for the frames? i would like to experiment further with this dehacked file of yours

4 hours ago, TMMMS said:

is there a comprehensive reference list for the frames? i would like to experiment further with this dehacked file of yours

It's a fairly simple file, it just sets the initial frame of the SSG to the same one as the shotgun via the Things menu. Like so:

Spoiler

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0
# Created with WhackEd4 1.3.0 BETA
# Note: Use the pound sign ('#') to start comment lines.

Doom version = 19
Patch format = 6

Thing 79 (Also the Shotgun)
Initial frame = 884

21 hours ago, Obsidian said:

Hey, don't be too hard on yourself: you're new here and you're figuring out what you can do and what works, it's all good. Don't be afraid to ask around if there's stuff you wanna know. 👍

yeah, okay. i really only made the mod because i wanted to see what doom 2 would be like without the ssg and pepole ended up wanting it as well. even if i knew how (or if it was possible, idk) to take this thread down, i wouldn't just so that people can get your dehacked patch that took a much smarter approach than what i did

20 hours ago, TMMMS said:

wait never mind i think i found what imn looking for

https://github.com/team-eternity/eternity/blob/master/base/doom/frames.edf

can i use this method to replace things with custom assets from realm667?

By "method", you mean Dehacked? Yeah, you can use resources from realm667 and use Dehacked to replace or add new things to Doom. And you distribute the wad file. And it will work on all ports. You have to replicate the animation/behaviour yourself in Dehacked, though.